Register now to get rid of these ads!

has not pick up car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by keeffer, Jun 6, 2009.

1. keeffer

keeffer

how long would you store a car for this butthole bought it in oct 2008 and has not pick it up. but did pay for it back in oct i still have paperwork

2. model-a-fan

model-a-fan
    from Kentucky

Is it in your way? Did you guys agree to a date for pick up? How far away is he?

3. badger

badger

Does your paperwork state that the buyer had until such and such date to pickup the car? Have you had contact with them recently asking when he is going to pickup said vehicle? Its hard to give an answer as to how long to store a car for somebody without knowing what the specifics of the deal were. If he paid and is just being an ass about not picking it up, I would contact him and tell him that he has X more days to pick it up or you will refund his money, minus some cash for storing it, you are not a storage facility. Since October is a pretty long time to me.

4. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Stating the obvious to most people, but maybe not to you; Whatever your agreement was, (your contract), is more enforceable if in writing, better yet if both of you signed it.

Or.... Maybe he forgot he bought it. Maybe he died. Hold on to it, maybe it's still yours.:D

Last edited: Jun 6, 2009

5. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

Just tell him to pick it up or storage fees will begin to be charged. That should get him off his ass.

6. Weasel

Weasel

Notify the seller in writing - certified mail that you will be charging storage of $X per day unless the vehicle is picked up within Y days. Then if the buyer does not pick it up you can file a lien and repossess the vehicle for unpaid storage charges. That may get his attention.

7. 94hoghead

94hoghead

People will screw you over if you let them. A buddy of mine has a shop in Lubbock and gets stuck storing customers cars for months at a time. Send him the certified letter telling him to pick it up or storage fees will begin. That should do the trick. Document everything.

8. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

You tell us almost nothing !

Have you talked to him since??

Has he said hes coming to get it ??

Have you said,,hey when you getting this?

Lotta folks will say "he paid for it its his"

well if he wanted it so badly why has'nt he gotten it ??

if its not in your way,,just forget it exists ,,if it rots that his problem,,

Now if he has repeatedly said he would get it,,or you have asked for it to be moved.

Then you just have to write a letter,,have your Notary stamp it send it registered mail ,,and thats that

9. Fordguy78

Fordguy78

Maybe he got in trouble with the wife and his punishment was that he did not get his money back from you. Just a suggestion.

10. keeffer

keeffer

he told me he was going to pick it up 8x never came lives in canada bought it on ebay had 10 day do get it

11. RichG

RichG

question short detailed response shorter. Don't know maybe call tell remove car now.

12. Darby

Darby

Hello, Yoda's Car Storage! How help you may I?

13. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

you have the car the paperwork and the money. the buyer knows this. it is not your job to go chasing him down. sell it again it has been 8 months.

14. Send the certified letter. State your terms. If he doesn't pick it up in the time you specify, sell it again. No problem.

15. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

That wouldn't happen to be a tri-5 chevy wagon would it? Not too long ago on here a guy in Canada was asking questions about getting a registration in his name so he could get the car across the border. Said it was his and was thinking about parting the car and taking it home in pieces

16. RichG

RichG

That made EVERYONE in my house laugh!

17. screwball

screwball

Check your local and state laws here in Ontairo its six months then it can be resold. Been there done that. But before you do anything make sure your legal butt is covered.

18. mpls|cafe|racer

mpls|cafe|racer
    BANNED

hahaha:D

19. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Ok well send the proper letter and say if not picked up withing 30 days ,,the transaction is forfeited

also if the car was bought on ebay,,and you have on the listing that buyer must pick up car within 10 days,,then you good as ebay states there sales are legal binding contracts

Last edited: Jun 6, 2009
  20. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

Seems to me if he wanted the car he would have picked it up by now... Is he still kicking? Certified letter will pick up date for final....Good luck!:eek:

21. I had a similar situation with a car I sold to a HAMBer...after 32 promises to pick up the car over 7 months [stored on my brother-in-laws property] I finally had to tell him he had a month to get it....then, 2 weeks, then a week.he promised to be here to get it and never showed, never called. I went and got the car...parted it out in my driveway and kept some parts I needed and swap-meeted the rest...and kept the $$$.

22. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

i sold a 60 edsel, a 41 studebaker, and a 70 lincoln. i have already spent the money, i have the titles and the 3 guys have never contacted me..i smell a windfall profit from this..so i keep my yap shut....it's been 2 years.

23. rusty28a

rusty28a

Many moons ago, I sold a 39 Ford standard coupe to a guy two hours away. He said that he would be back the following week to pick it up, took the title, and off he went into the night. One year to the day later, I sold it again to someone else reasoning that the original purchaser only wanted the title. Good luck pal!

24. ltex old iron

ltex old iron
    BANNED

i made a post on this before...look up''i need your opinions''......after 6 months id say sorry and sell it to someone else...jus my opinion after everyone else helped me out...

25. The37Kid

The37Kid

HAMB friendly car or daily driver?

26. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

I sold a guy a couple of cars, he paid for them and I'm still waiting for him to pick them up. That has been about thirty years ago.

27. Been trying to get someone (a "friend") to come pick up a lawn tractor for over a year. Saturday, I got $28.00 for it at scrap metal yard.

28. 972toolmaker

972toolmaker
    from Garland Tx

Body shop owner friend of mine gets at least one car a year for storage charges. He has signs clearly posted about storage charges. so reg. mail should work.Good Luck.

29. Hot Rod Bob

Hot Rod Bob
    from T-ville Ky

Give him a date to pick it up,if he don't push it to the street let the city have it!

30. lewislynn

lewislynn

has not pick up car
    Maybe there's confusion because of language translation.