Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs my 1957 oldsmobile chopped custom..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RocketDaemon, Jun 6, 2009.

1. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

bought this like 2 months ago or something like that, hadnt even seen it in person when i picked it up, liked it alot more in real life then on pics...

bearing felt like dying ... one wheel fell off trailer.... outside the garage when i just made an uturn to place the car better to unload it.. talk about luck?

car was located in the "village" of Älvdalen 5½ hours from me, bought the car from former vallejo resident Willie Svensson/swanx...

2. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

Very cooool!!!

3. Wow! Good score.
    What are your plans?

4. pinky49

pinky49

very nice! i think i rember seeing in in the north bay years ago
    ed

5. keeffer

keeffer

very nice custom you going to finish it

6. mycaddy6

mycaddy6
    from australia

love the car.love to see more pic's

7. that baby is going to look real nice.

8. Flying Tiger

Flying Tiger
    from Japan

Very cool. Will be a great car in the future. What are some of your plans for it?

9. Tony Ray

Tony Ray

man thats gonna be sweet..keep us updated on it.

10. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

I like it, do you have plans for the front end? It looks kind of "blocky" right now.

11. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

GREAT CAR MAN!!!..........is it an old kustom with some history?...that's gonna be a real beauty....

12. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

kustom7777: no idea about history except that it was built in california and .. shouldt say anything until i talk to willie, (just meaning as i dont know shit except for that it was built in cali. anything else i would just make assumptions..)

Strange agent: i kinda liked it more in real life then on picture, my first thoughts is to see if the licence plate opening could be smoothed out to make it look better, maybe remove the top of it so the opening goes all around instead or something like that...

hell yeah i wanna finish it, have alot of ideas here and there that flies around in my head
    anything from redlines with keystones to thing white walls with chromereverse or cragar starwires reverse, car just screams wild 60ies, so no big whitewalls and hubcaps on this one, going to be chrome wheels of some sort...

the interior is already sown up, black with guld flake tuck n rolll,
    seats that is.. and side covers in the rear..

thinking i will do this car right, go through everything, feeel just so dar tempted to get it rolling and drive it as is for a while, my head is like an big white paper right now, or atleast an big white paper with tons of ideas , red candy paint with some shadings, panel paint, flake, gaah so much possible things to do its really hard just to make up my mind right now, feels just kinda wierd that i own this car and its all mine and its in my garage... i loved olds 57's for a long time, and this car takes the best ouf of the 57 and makes it even more likable to me, it might look like an gold fish

heck maybe i should jsut call it the gold fish and paint it gold flake, or something ;)

first car i actually looked forward to do brake work on and tear rear end off and paint it and so on, it's just usually necessary evils to do brake stuff, recently i started to think of my self as an oldsmobile engine freak, started to wonder if i even liked anything else then oldsmobile engines ;)

13. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    maybe that sets the colour then ;)
    gold candy with tangerine candy shadings? :)
    maybe some sort of panel paint on top with fishshells

alot of people have said there is something fishy going around with that grill, maybe i just should embrace that hahah
    fish or no fish, some colour like that would be nice...

14. Tony Ray

Tony Ray

I can actually see that..should get one of the guys to photo shop it !

15. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

[​IMG]

interior looks like this both back and sitting

16. twochops

twochops

Do you have all the glass and window trim? I chopped a 57 Buick
    and had much more time in doing the windows and trim than
    in bodywork on the top.----------TwoChops

17. 55X150

55X150

Cool car.I kind of like the gold fish idea with the colors.the seat looks pretty cool too

18. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

That car is already sick

19. 2Hep

2Hep

Very sweet. Has inspired me to make a post of my chopped '56 Olds Project!!!!

20. Nice. There's a lot of potential in that car. It could make a really beautiful custom.

21. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

Real bad PAINT test with removing licence plate opening in front

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. Way cool car! I love Oldsmobiles! How is the windshield issue delt with? Dropped into the cowl? Good karma with the trailer wheel, God looks out for car guys (this is why I'm still alive!)

23. A quick idea...

[​IMG]

24. HOT ROD DAVE

HOT ROD DAVE

now you made it look like it should be in CARS with lightning mcqueen and DOC.........he he he

looks frigin awsome

25. twochops

twochops

26. Wow nice custom, very 1963 looking. How about a nice candy paint job, chrome reverse wheels with spider caps and rings, thin whites, that car would be killer

27. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Sorry James, hate to rain on your parade (photochop) but that grille now makes it look like something out of the movie "Cars"...oh wait, that's "Brenda Buick"...LOL...it simply looked better without the license plate...and the paint (fish scales...???) that's right out of the late '70's/early '80's...I don't think you want to go there...plain old gold and tangerine would be killer tho...!!! That's just my 16 cents worth, take it or leave it...!!!

BTW, nice find Rocket...that's going to be outstanding...

R-

28. 'Mo

'Mo

A '57 Corvette grill (backed by mesh?) might work well in the modified opening.

But if you decide to leave the plate holder, a '59 Buick grille might be the ticket.;)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
  29. Rikster

Rikster

Great looking custom... Lots of potential

I would leave the License plate surround where it is.. but I would thin it down, and round the edges of so it will fit the grille opening much better.

Like this... quicky...

[​IMG]

with a home made grille bar.

[​IMG]