Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage So, I haven't seen a Carlisle Ford Nationals Role Call

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bettlejuice, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Bettlejuice

Bettlejuice
    from WV

Delete this if there's already a thread going...

Anyway, who's in? I won't be in my Galaxie, I'm going to get a new quarter panel for it (and some odds and ends if I don't have to drop to much $$$ on a quarter panel), so I'm takin' my O/T big SUV knocked down to a 2 seater to carry my quarter (and anything else) and anything my buddy's dad or his friends buy. Didn't particular WANT to go, it's a long round trip, lots of gas, and I have to go get a fender a 1-1/2 hours the OTHER direction sometime real soon (went TODAY and FREAKIN' Greyhound was closed, I was there with a half-hour to spare. They'd been closed all day for whatever reason). And I realistically won't make it there until early afternoon. But I needs me a quarter.

2. Bettlejuice

Bettlejuice
    from WV

*Tap, tap* is this thing on?

3. Is that Fri,Sat & Sun or just Sat&Sun?

4. Bettlejuice

Bettlejuice
    from WV

I think it's all 3 days, 5,6, 7th... I'm going Saturday.

5. I'll be in York on Sat. Might try to get up to Carlisle tomorrow, Fri. Never been up there for the Ford event.

6. it used to be a pretty good event, but i havent been there in a few years. each year they feature something different which is cool... i do suggest go to the friday evening drags at the local 1/8 mile strip. now called quarter aces...it gives you an old nostalgic feeling

7. evol55

evol55

I will be there Friday looking for parts and other junk I don't need. Hamb meet anyone?

8. Bettlejuice

Bettlejuice
    from WV

Yep, anyone goin' Saturday wants to meet up for a beer and a dog... I'll help you search for your shit if you help me find mine, use some teamwork to find some good deals!

9. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

I'll be up at Carlisle on Friday sometime.

10. rt66jt

rt66jt
    from York, PA

Question for those that know...I live in York, but never been to Carlisle events. Should I stay here for NSRA or go to Carlisle?

11. I'm in Carlisle now. Drove up from Richmond in the rain from Fredericksburg on and arrived around 7pm this evening. Already scoped out a '30 Sedan. Up and at 'em early in the morning.

York and Carlisle are close enough it is easy to do both. Big contingent of traditional rod guys from SW Virginia drove up to York, plan on meeting them there tomorrow afternoon.

Pete
    Richmond, VA

12. Bettlejuice

Bettlejuice
    from WV

Well, you guys that are goin' tomorrow, if you see someone selling 64 Galaxie quarter panels cheap, chloroform him, tie him up and toss him in his trailer or car or, hell, lock him in a porta-crapper. I'll let him loose on Saturday when I get there. :p

<EDIT>Hey, I bought my Galaxie in Richmond... I don't remember what exit it was off of, but one to the north where that bigass Days Inn, sorta tan colored east of the interstate. Bought it off the guy that owns it. I work for nTelos, I gotta go to Richmond for work sometimes, that's where the suits are.

13. I am in bad need of a hood for my '61 full size (Galaxie or Fairlane). '61 and '62 are the same hood. If you see one, let me know. I'm only here Friday. If you find one, shoot me a PM and we'll work out the arrangements. Seriously, what parts can I keep an eye out for you? I can ask that they put it on hold maybe? Rain is expected tomorrow morning and that might hold down the number of people attending. Happy to try and help you out.

14. Hey Phartman..do you see the photos of my 61 Ford? I'll be at Carlisle tomorrow..rain or shine. I'll keep a look out for you..send me a pm with a cell #. I only live 38 miles south of Carlisle below Hanover, Pa. I always do York and Fords on Friday...I may do York on Saturday this year due to the weather.
    61's Rock!...LOL

Murph

15. Bettlejuice

Bettlejuice
    from WV

Yeah man, I'll definitely keep an eye out, we're close enough to work something out (that hoods close enough to my 64's that it'd catch my eye just the same).

Really the thing I'm looking for is a complete drivers side quarter for a 64 Galaxie 2 door hardtop, cut as close to the factory seams as possible (the guy helping me said it'd be best just to replace the whole panel instead of fixing bits here and there to make little pieces work). I've got a few odds and ends, trim and such that got messed up, but really the quarter panel is the only thing I'm really trying to get. That and a 15x5.5 vented wheel, but I figure those won't be too hard to come by up there.

I sent you a PM with my cell number.

16. Bettlejuice

Bettlejuice
    from WV

Anyone else goin' tomorrow?? I'll be the one in black looking very rat-rodder-esqe, wondering around in a confused manner, mumbling to myself about not being able to find anything or about prices... I'm sure I'll find SOMETHING to be pissy about :D.

17. Murph, I threw in the towel early and just walked in the door, cold and wet. The show was ok. I did find a very nice hood- so Zman, crank up that louver machine, buddy, 'cause I got a new project for you. Crowds down a little and if you were looking for something other than FOX Mustang parts, you had to do some digging. Check out Joe down in the field who's trying to sell a '62 wagon. He's got some other '61 parts I left for you. And definitely check out the fellow across the lane from him claiming to have "The World's Finest '61 Starliner." I didn't even want to ask.

I'll PM you and we'll catch up on some other '61 stuff.

Pete

18. Pete,

I went up for about 6 hours...some good stuff there, but the show should be called Mustangs at Carlisle. It was wet, but fun!!...LOL I met a friend from Minnesota up there. We had a long overdue catch-up session. I'm off to York tomorrow. Yeah, lets hook up and talk 61 Fords...

Murph

19. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I am going tomorrow !
    I usually go there on Friday and do the NSRA in York on Saturday .
    So I will go to Carsile on Saturday and check out York on Sat afternoon or Sunday to see if I can get some bargains .
    Too damn wet today for me !

20. Bettlejuice

Bettlejuice
    from WV

Welp, I'm definately makin' it tomorrow, but my buddy backed out. Sucks, but I sorta figured he would and I woulda had to leave super early in the morning and only get to stay til about 10:00 or 11:00. Oh well, now I can stay as long as I want and sleep in.

I'll be heaving around a bigass Canon 40D with all the goodies (I'll have a full sized flash on it... Might narrow it down for you, I doubt many people will be using a flash tomorrow), since I'm going alone I'm gonna be taking a SHIT-TON of pictures. I've got fairly long slicked back dark hair, and still dress like 1/2 a punk 1/2 a "rat rodder"... I'll have on a Lucky 13 work shirt with a girlie riding a spark plug on the back, a pair of jeans, and I wear a big cuff watch on my left arm and a studded bracelet on the right (lots of chains, buckles, and studs on me... I shop in the bondage section at Sears). If you see me, stop me and say hi, seriously!

I'm GOING to get a quarter panel if it kills me. I also decided, instead of just replacing my 15x5-1/2 stock wheel, I am going to modify my suspension to mimic the Tobacco King (lift it up, leave my narrow tires up front, and get a set of Hurst cheater slicks for the back), so instead of one 15x5.5 I'm gonna get a pair of 15x7 steelies, should be more plentiful (and cheaper!) anyway.

Like I said though, if you notice me, stop me and say hello!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  21. It's funny, but this show used to have tons of vintage stuff, now it really is more Mustang parts than anything else. But I shouldn't complain. I found a really nice set of doors last year and a hood and fender this year for my '61. Both Arizona parts and cheaper than buyer there and having them shipped East. The Y-block stuff has started showing up a little more, and I looked at a fair number of vintage wheels. Saw aa A-model, Tudor Sedan, complete, $10,000, but that was parked outside; also a '34 pickup body only, but it looked decent. No price on it. I guess Ebay and any number of other shows have cut into Carlisle. The fellow I bought the hood from yesterday told me people were buying. You know how wet it was Friday. He told me he had made $1000 bucks clear by mid day. Not bad, not bad. We'll have to see how the show changes over time.

My buddies threw in the towel on York yesterday and drove back to Virginia.

Give us a full report on both when you get home.

Pete