Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features *OFFICIAL* Ford Unibody 61-63 Pict Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SpnkyMcGee, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Jimbo302

Jimbo302
    from Micronesia

I agree, I need the motivation.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  2. Jimbo302

Jimbo302
    from Micronesia

[​IMG]

3. That's not a unibody. I think there is another thread for slick 60's ford's or similar. Do a search.

4. Jimbo302

Jimbo302
    from Micronesia

I'm aware of that, my apologies for the slip-up.

5. fuzzy bunny

fuzzy bunny

More Pics please. I just got one for the shop truck I'll post pictures once I take some.

6. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

I love them there unibodys i won a lunch and 20 bucks because some guy at a show told me i was lieing when i said there was a long bed uni.

7. Here's one that I am parting out, It is going to end up in the crusher. 1963 Mercury

Attached Files:

• 037.jpg
      037.jpg
      File size:
      69.1 KB
      Views:
    • 018.jpg
      018.jpg
      File size:
      41.2 KB
      Views:
  8. 39delux

39delux

Why? It doesn't look that bad.

9. I know it doesn't look that bad in the picture, but in fact it is really terrible. It was a long box that has been cut down to shorter than a normal shortbed. It was severely rusted before it was cut down and it was only tack welded and then finished over with bondo. The cab has had the roof cut off, and then a different top and rear panel tack welded on with a torch, no bondo used here. The front cab mounts and structure have rusted so badly, they poured concrete down in the door posts to try and stiffen it up to hold the cab onto the frame. The doors are saveable, as is the front clip so I won't be throwing them out. It has a pretty cool Mercury grill that I would think someone would want. I just bought it because it had a good Y-block that I put into my '32.

10. Theopwk

Theopwk
    from Spokane WA

My longbed. . .

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. 39delux

39delux

Now I've heard of everything.

12. 396skip

396skip
    from MN

my 63 Merc....sitting on a 04 Tahoe frame....Air Ride Tech..and a RamJet 350 with a special touch....

Attached Files:

13. "Whitey Ford" 62 Uni

"Whitey Ford" 62 Uni
    from Tampa, FL

OK here is mine. Hope noone is getting sick of seeing it but here it is. I took the antenna off and replaced it with a belt buckle. No radio so no need ot have one and that way if I sell it you can take it off and put the original one back on. C notched in the back, FE 352, dropped straight axle. Staight axles rule, its a truck so yes they ride rough.

Attached Files:

14. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Whitey, thats beautiful! Did you C notch or C the rear? Ie...does it come into the bed at all? I want another one of these but this time around I want to subframe it and put a highway friendly rear in. Id like to have something with air that my gf can take to get flowers and not come back angry.

15. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

Hey Whitey ..... that truck looks VERY familiar ........ you've done a nice job making it yours!! Looks kewl.

Yes I'm still collecting parts for the 46 coupe.

Paco aka/ Ratty 46

16. skull

skull

any body here want a project 1962 long box inibody,, have one CHEAP,, get ahold of me,, tried selling it on the classified part ,, got a few lookers but no takers,,, figured this a a good thead to ask!!!:D also have a running 292 out of a 1964 ford truck that l'll sell

Attached Files:

17. FTF

FTF

Here's mine, work in progress. 62 / 390FE, C6.

Attached Files:

18. "Whitey Ford" 62 Uni

"Whitey Ford" 62 Uni
    from Tampa, FL

Thank you. Yes it does come into the bed but not much. I have 4" of travel. I know I have a pic of it. Um my rear is a 9" and I put a 3:1 ratio in it for that reason as well. With a C6 and turn down exhaust it can get pretty looud. My next little project is sound insulation inside. I also dont have power steering so thats why my girl doesnt drive my truck. Now that I have a little skinnier tire in front is does turn a hell of alot easier from when I bought it. If you want air though you will have to sub frame but I bet it will look sweet. Hell you know there is a sweet 62 for sale on here but cant remember if its air or stock like mine. (I bought it from Paco and it was a little different than now, he is a good guy as well. ) Oh yeah thanks for the compliments Paco. I want to see that 46 done soon!

I personally did not do the C notch. R and L fabrications did the C notch up in Calhoun GA. I dont want to be a promoter type of dude but he is a class A guy and is a very honest guy. And good work of course.

Here is a little pic of it and I cand some more of the actual work but at work and there is a restriction to photobucket but this is one on my computer. You can see the hump in the back. I let it rust cause I didnt want it to be all shiny and i didnt want it to be black. Im letting it get some surface rust and then repaint so it somewhat matches the bed.

These old uni's are just cool as hell. I also like when they have more of the 60's color, yes I know its easter egg or whatever and most people hate this color. hahahha

Attached Files:

19. 00amunet00

00amunet00

Awesome thread! I just bought a 63 a few weeks ago.... super excited to get working on it. I'll post pics as I get them.

20. niceguyede

niceguyede
    from dallas

A couple pics of mine. Still waiting on the title so I can do something with it.[​IMG][​IMG]

21. lofiexplosion

lofiexplosion

Here is my new truck. 63

[​IMG]

22. Drive Em

Drive Em

I got this one a couple of months ago. It is a '61 with a Y-block and a three speed, I don't have plans for it yet.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. unibody madness

unibody madness

somebody stop me
    these are four of my projects all unibodies

1961 Lwb 460 V8 C6 auto floor shift
    [​IMG]

1961 swb 223 I6 three speed column
    [​IMG]

1961 swb 292 y V8 three speed column
    [​IMG]

and the turk
    1961 swb 223 I6 four speed on floor... hole in block
    [​IMG]

soon to be getting this
    [​IMG]

or this one
    [​IMG]
    I also have a rebuilt 223 I6 for the 223 above
    just found this site and hope to have the turk up and running with rebuilt drive train and ifs this summer...gona leave her in original paint if I can get away with it

24. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

You Sir are a Uni guy!!!

Nice projects.

Paco

25. thrush544

thrush544

Nice looking trucks!!! I am debating putting a 460/C6 cop car engine in my 62 LWB Uni or redoing the 292. How is your truck's driveability?

26. unibody madness

unibody madness

thanks for the comments

comet---came close on the big back window.. but can afford to be choosy and wait. (cant afford not to)

What I wanted was a swb 292 4 speed with a decent body to play with,and make safe with some cruisin gears. you see where it led me

trush554---bought the lwb with the 460 c6 cause it made sense right? it drives fine but needs an ifs to make it safe. added vac brake booster!
    I imagine lowered with wide tires would help, gotta help it turn and stop
    highway friendly gears are a must it dont pass many gas stations.

27. blue57ford

blue57ford

My 63. This right after i got it.
    [​IMG]
    This is after messing with the springs and different wheels and tires.[​IMG]
    My 62 big window that is waiting its turn.
    [​IMG]

28. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Anybody got one with the wrap around rear window? I saw a long bed one on ebay years back that I still wish I had picked up. It was a nice rust free AZ one too if I recall and even went pretty darn cheap.

29. unibody madness

unibody madness

stude trucks... there is one right above you ^
    l

30. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Uh, you're right. I don't think it was there before I went to type in my post. Thanks.