Register now to get rid of these ads!

June Banger Meet - All new in '09

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Wildfire, Jun 1, 2009.

1. VNCduke

VNCduke
    from Washougal

Drove my car to school today for my senior project presentation. passed with flying colors to say the least. (Chris show these ones Lenny as well) Ran strong after sitting for a few months. Everyone got a kick out of it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

3. RussTee

RussTee

Yes fur biscuit it certainly showed promise for a first effort , whose first effort I think the designer was a Mr Bugatti.

4. Hey Russtee,
    I hear what you are saying, I spent like ten grand on one motor after being advised by everyone and then once I had problems the same advise was like oh no I wouldnt have done that and so on.
    So then for the next engine for my pick up I went basic - real basic and I ended up having the most fun and put alot of miles on it!
    Greg

Attached Files:

5. I have started to build a sixties style 32 roadster but then have thought if I could get a running Model A chassis then maybe I could get my 22 T roadster going in the mean time as an Isky or Multi Aldrich looking roadster?

Attached Files:

• TNA.jpg
      TNA.jpg
      File size:
      40.2 KB
      Views:
    • TNA1.jpg
      TNA1.jpg
      File size:
      36.1 KB
      Views:
  6. I like a 27 Tourer m'self - here's my old tub that I sold to Artiki. I'm hoping he'll be done with it in a couple of years...

[​IMG]

7. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

Here is next weeks banger project :)

Attached Files:

8. petritl

petritl
    from Marion, TX

I tinkered with the A last night. It seems to be running pretty well. The engine took more fuel (#51 to #58) and less overall timing. Unfortunitaly also I set the float a little too high. I went to take the car to work today and found a large puddle of oil under the engine and a 1/4 tank of fuel is missing.
    I shut off the fuel and opened the garage up to air out. I know what tonight's project is going to be:rolleyes:

9. Looks good Duke! Are you bringing it to Billetproof??

10. hotrodtom

hotrodtom

As stated by others, most catalogs have an exploded view of the headlight socket wiring. The wiring harness only fits one way in the light switch housing. If you have the main harness and a new housing, it should be a snap. Even I was able to change the light harness on my '29 roadster...A worthy project for any car that's been sitting for a while. Caution: There is a slight difference between early and late housings. I got a late housing and the spring bail that holds it together on my '29 didn't fit right.
    Fearless

11. hotrodtom

hotrodtom

Sorry -- I replied without seeing your next post. Check out Bratton's, p. 27 in April '09 catalog, part no. 5830, Light Switch Bail, and Mike's A-Fordable, p. 41, part no. A3647, Light Switch Bail. Good luck.
    Fearless

12. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

Thanks I figured it out, I am missing the spider on the end of the horn/light rod, and the bail..... Thank's for the help... Ryan

13. cabriolethiboy

cabriolethiboy

A little off topic, but my wife was looking over my shoulder yesterday while I was on the HAMB and she asked "Who is June Banger?"

14. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

good thing she did not see May Banger, may not.

15. You big tease!!

16. RussTee

RussTee

Hi Greg I heard you lost the faith with the banger motor or is it that you have regained your sanity you poor demented soul! How about recreating the Isky roadster in its earlyist form with the banger motor i know where there is the same chassis and i have a mascote for the radiator i picked up in the States i heard they werea school workshop project. Now that would be a nice clone.

17. Hi Rusty,
    Sounds like we need to talk!
    I am just waiting to see if I can get my hands on some banger running gear, I havent totally lost the faith mate as we are also doing a blown banger powered dragster. I just figure that if I can get this running gear as well as use my motor I can get something running fairly cheap.
    Greg

18. RussTee

RussTee

goodone Greg all we need now is some "Early" photos and details of the Isky roadster the photos i have seen show a typical home built machine of the time started as a high school project and driven daily. It is typical of the point I was trying to make earlierit was probably not the best around but proved itself on the track/ lakes giving a huge amount of bang for each buck spentand going on to develop in to one of the most iconic roadsters around. It is also interesting that the career of the man paralleled the car from back yarder to major mover in the auto parts industry as was the case of many others. Henry Ford tinkered with a car in the coal shed went on to set a landspeed record and then became the biggest producer of cars in the world.

19. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

your phonebooth makes me happy. I know where there is one that has been sitting in a barn for atleast 50 years. I could see my logs hanging out the back on the way to the beach...

20. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

Fur biscuit, that little speedster is cool, where did you find it?

21. VNCduke

VNCduke
    from Washougal

I may, i was thinking about it last night actually

22. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

the bebe, just found it on line. actually (i think) it is either a real coupe de l'auto car, or a copy of one. so many great details, but so small.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2009
  23. RussTee

RussTee

Recent pictures of my Roadster Pickup showing recent tinkering, new dash, strombergs etc.

Attached Files:

24. 1932tub

1932tub

I am in the process of converting my B engine to pressure oiling. I will plug the oilways to the cam bearings and timing chain chamber, should I drill oil holes in the plugs if so what size ?

25. I have a book here that I could copy for you.
    Email me your address and I will get it to you. It has all the info you require

26. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

Here is what I have been collecting.

Attached Files:

27. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

Great to see you made it to school, Duke. The tub looks stunning. As Monkeybiker said, I reckon he'll be wanting 'his' back before too long. Just having a bit too much fun with it to get rid of it just yet!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. The roadster is just a few steps away from being done. I got a defective tire from Coker, so waiting for a replacment, and waiting on the glass shop to finish my windshield. Aside from that, she's pretty much ready for the road. I'm going to try to install the Winfield updraft pretty soon, see how that makes her run :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

29. Elrod

Elrod

Saw this photo in the "Robert Stack" thread on the Hamb. Poster said Robert is getting ready for the Harper's Dry lake event. Check out the blown banger he's working on!

Attached Files:

30. The37Kid

The37Kid

[​IMG] Could this be the same Bebe that sold at Hershey 2008 with a crash restoration? If so someone is set up to nice work in a short period of time. We used to maintain one years ago, not much effort needed to grab the frame horns and lift it off the ground 2-3 feet.