Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Twicecustom, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Twicecustom

Twicecustom

Have been working on buying this one for a while. finally secured it the other day and got down there today to get it, it was on its side at the bottom of the coulee. It came complete with some trees growing through it. Anyways, here are some pics we took when we were getting it out. went really well, wish I had more pics, but hard to take pics when you are workin on getting it out. Ill take more pics when I get it to the shop.
    :D

Attached Files:

2. SniffnPaint

SniffnPaint

nice save. keep us posted on the build.

3. trad27

trad27

4. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Already lookin a lot better!;)
    Congrats!

5. wow, what a score. its a bit rusty so send it over for me. lol. what are your plans for it?

6. How in the world did that body end up way out there. Was there an old abandoned road just above the site where the body was rolled down the hill?

I noticed you're from North Dakota. I've been to South Dakota several times (last time ... early 90s) and was always amazed at how many well preserved old cars (especially trucks) you would see out in the really remote areas.

At any rate, that is a really cool find. There's no tellin' what stories are attached to that car.

7. Flying Tiger

Flying Tiger
    from Japan

Great! Very cool. Would love to take a T like that home. What are some of the future plans for it?

8. crashgravis

crashgravis

nice find . those make for a really neat hot rod .:D

9. Piewagn

Piewagn

Complete with bullet holes! Love it!

10. todd_a

todd_a
    from Tyler, TX

Sweet rescue man!

11. hvychvy

hvychvy

Sweet save!!

12. JOEHOODS

JOEHOODS

It looks really solid...good find...

13. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Don't mind the bullet holes. Just imagine how far off the road it might have gone if someone hadn't shot it where it lay.:rolleyes::cool::D
    Those old T's ran almost as fast across plowed ground as they did down a paved road.;)

Frank

14. Twicecustom

Twicecustom

It seems really solid. doors open and close same with trunk. not sure what the plans are, I really want to make it into a roadster, but who knows. ive got a 302 slated for it, and pretty much all the parts to finish it, I want it done fast, but I dont skimp on safety, I like my life. what do you all think I should do with it?? I really like the idea of a open top with a removable hardtop. I am CNC engineer at the shop I work at, with access to all the "Tools" after hours.

15. red3

red3

How did you find it?

16. olskoolspeed

olskoolspeed
    from Ohio

What are your plans for a frame?

17. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Wow thats cool as hell.

18. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

awesome score ! looks pretty complete , got doors and a decklid thats half the battle , congrats man !

19. Darby

Darby

Take a look at some unchopped, unroadster-ized pics before you break out that cut-off wheel. I used to think they looked goofy, but it's getting rare to see a hot-rodded one left tall. You could make up a fabric roof insert that slid back/folded up (machined rails and sliders...) Get the wind in your hair AND the rain off your head, depending on the weather.

20. Twicecustom

Twicecustom

Ive lived in the same area for 16 years, I know where all the cars are hiding ( I bet I know 100 cars close by, and all the owners). I have secured about 10 more of the same, it takes time to get ahold of the real owners, and try to get titles or bills of sale.I aint stealin anything... I am goin to sell some or trade for interesting things. as for the frame, I have an old pickup frame that I am going to cut the crossmembers out and modify to fit this, then box it for strength.

21. metalshapes

metalshapes

Cool!

Reminds me of my old T Coupe...

Model TCoupe 112.jpg

Model TCoupe 113.jpg

22. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I like this idea with a chopped top or maybe even leave it tall but I wouldnt build another roadster.