Register now to get rid of these ads!

2009 Gasser Reunion Thompson Ohio

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Falcon Gasser, Feb 6, 2009.

1. willys426

willys426
    from earth

I have no idea who you are, nor do I care. Tell me more about myself, I find this just funny. You are right, I should submit to a kinder, gentler, more stupid way of racing this type of car. You have showed me the error of my ways...Who are you?...nevermind...

2. ratrodtaylor26

ratrodtaylor26
    from Lorain, oh

do i need a special pass to get down on the grass to get some good action pictures. i really want to get some good launch shots.

3. JustBryan

JustBryan
    from NE Ohio

Depends on the car count, could go on past 10 if alot of racers show up....

4. NHRANUT

NHRANUT
    from Western PA

Credentials are required for the starting line, and it does get crowded. Good thing about Thompson is that you can get some great shots from the stands, and there is an area by the burnout box where anyone can go, abd get great burnout shots.

5. willys426

willys426
    from earth

To all that took offense to my opinion, you're entitled to yours and I'm entitled to mine. This letter from the Gasser Legends sums up the current day situation pretty well in a lot of ways. It doesn't apply to everybody, every event, every promoter, or every type of racing, so everybody need not take offense.

Attached Files:

6. As a "bottom Feeder",we just ENJOY going !! Some of these folks we only get to see a few times a year ,and this IS one of those times..

I guess if any ONE car thinks there the "King of the Hill",so to speak..put up the money , and prove it.. Challenge everyone ya can find, and kick some butt.
    I don't think anyone who goes to this event,is there JUST to see AA/G .

There's a whole field of neat stuff..dragster ,altereds,the 409 car club, great car show.

Last comment..SOMEDAY,we may all NOT be able to do this stuff anymore.
    Do ya want to look back and say

I wish I Coulda Woulda Shoulda..???????????????
    Not me..thank you very much.
    1939fiat

7. willys426

willys426
    from earth

Wow! This coming from you! Unbelievable! Ok, here is the put up...

Best of 5, Heads-Up, To the Finish Line, Winner Take All, Funnycar Reunion

I'll call Walt Fry and see what he can post for winnings. I feel POSITIVE that he can better $1000! What will your excuse be this time? I noticed you backed out last year...again...even before it was a rainout...

a. "I only race people I respect"
    b. "This is only a tribute, not a racecar"
    c. "I'm not in it for the money" (although you are the one that mentioned money)
    d. "My seatbelts are out of cert" (Atco excuse)
    e. "The nest under my seat has an egg in it...it might break"
    f. other

or you'll simply agree to race me to look good on the computer but won't follow through. Surprise me...which will it be...

8. willys426

willys426
    from earth

I have done exactly that! Numerous times! No takers! (see attached)
    I hope you enjoy yourself! Calling yourself a bottom feeder is kinda self defeating, you never heard me say that. I don't care what they do in other classes, my only interest or comments are directed at AA/GS. Don't care what bracket cars do or what anybody else does. Some people just look to be offended. If someone yells "Hey stupid!" in a crowd, do you get offended?

Attached Files:

9. Boy . . . sure seems to be a lot of contention about who has the biggest you know whats, who is going to show and who isn't and why. I say - bring your cars and race -- or quit talking about those who do, those who won't, etc..

We (this post) seem to spend way too much time bitching at one another about something that is supposed to be fun . . . hell, none of us are going to Thompson to make a living (last time I checked). I'm going to have a good time, meet some folks, looks at some cars and enjoy the day . . . hope you'll all do the same!

10. Ken;
    Bottom Feeders are the guys who run on their own nickel..not "self Defeating" at all,and the gasser purses don't exactly make anyone rich.

Any of these events are about "the show"..Put on the show,go home in one piece,with a smile.If ya win a purse,thats a bonus.

Yelling Hey Stupid in a crowd?..Wouldn't be talkin to me anyway.
    Maybe I'll try that,and see who answers..

Have fun,play safe.

1939fiat.

11. krassandbernie

krassandbernie

The letter is a little difficult to read......probably due to the size of the pic...maybe this will help!

[​IMG]Hosted on Fotki

12. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

^what a letter. I would love to see some real AA/GS racing!

13. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

You fellas wanna kill traditional drag racing? Fight, bicker, and act like little girls and that's what you'll do.

Instead, have differences and be respectful of each other. We are all car guys. Consideration isn't that tough.

14. Rob Kozak

Rob Kozak

Just so you guys know Jim Oddy will have a 60's correct style 33 willy's at lancaster this year.

15. Kenny P

Kenny P

I'm coming up from South Florida to see this shindig.....
    I got the Sunshine loaded up and headed out tomorrow morning!
    :)

16. 61falcon

61falcon

you better bring extra sunshine, the gassers have seen more than their fair share of the wet stuff!

17. Exactly! Frankly I'm tired of all the grandstanding and bickering . . . I'll have fun no matter WHO decides it isn't their gig -- no body will miss them one bit.

18. we were planning on debutting a 32 Bantam roadster with a BBC..but it seems to be heating up real fast ,real quick...so might be better to leave it home and beat on the old yellow Fiat some more..
    Running out of time..
    cya there folks

1939fiat

19. NHRANUT

NHRANUT
    from Western PA

Flat tow the 32, and bring both of them. You've been known to need a backup car before.:D

20. NHRA NUT;
    Yeah ,your right..That's why were leavin tomorrow..LOL
    should be there by Sunday..

Rick

21. stop by and hook up the t-bucket, then you'll have a pit car Rick...lol

22. Weasel

Weasel

Some of us were around when it actually happened - wasn't it grudges that started the Gasser Wars in the first place? Without them the Gasser Wars would never have been the way they were. It doesn't get more traditional than that.

23. Great Idea swade...drop it off in my pit space..we may need a tow vehicle..LOL
    See ya there buddy;
    1939fiat

24. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

I agree w/ you.......but this is different........unless both parties actually show up and square off one another......but your right it was a part of it, and they settled matters at the track not via internet banter......I wish I had money to burn..I would throw up a purse myself.............Littleman

25. JustBryan

JustBryan
    from NE Ohio

Dave, lookin for low 10's this year?????

26. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

I am looking for 10.60-10.70's on engine.......then try the bottle at some point.........if it stay's together !......I need allot of passes and time to throw allot at it to squeeze it..........I am looking forwards to this Friday......I tweeked on the carbs for 3 1/2 hrs last night....and for six-two's it sounds fairly evil.....we shall see.......Littleman

27. JustBryan

JustBryan
    from NE Ohio

Great!! I'll see you Friday

28. Got to make sure the camera is fully charged! I just love those Gassers!

29. chevy3755

chevy3755

I'll be there.......

30. Went out there this mourning, one whole row is marked off for 50 some 409 cars! They cut alot of grass...looking like it is gonna be really big this year...we are all the way at the end of the row by the fuel by the staging lanes....can't wait!