Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dumbest thing an "EXPERT" has said about your ride?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SOHC427, May 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. George

George

I was @ a show recently. 2 guys were walking around & every time this one guy would see something big like a caddy or wagon, regardless of the fact they were bone stock, he'd point out the "lead sled". Guess he thought it meant big & heavy.

Last edited: May 28, 2009
  2. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

I had my buddy painting my shop name on the doors of my pickup. My cousin strolls in and spends about 10minutes looking over his shoulder before saying "why dont you just do it in vynel?" Some people just dont get it. Next he'll ask why i dont have LEDs.

3. i have a chop, slam to the weed, long 1928 sedan,

that most question i get "are you going to turn it back to stock "

4. Side

Side
    from Berlin, OK

"You know removing those Chevrolet emblems and filling the holes significantly devalues your truck."

5. 55courier

55courier
    BANNED

more than once I have had someome come to me and say that is a nice GTO what year is it? I tell them if it were a GTO it would be a 68' but it is a RoadRunner.

6. tfee

tfee

Some kid asked me if I was a Mormon last week. In his defense, I have a Mormonesque beard and I was driving a wood car wearing a black coat. He made me laugh a bit. Most people ask where the radiator is or want to know if I've oiled my carbs lately.

7. Is it a REAL S###BY ??? >>>>.

8. sixdogs

sixdogs
    BANNED
    from C

Wait a minute... a wood car, mormonesque beard and and wearing a black coat. There must be more here than meets the eye. What is it that you are driving?

9. 067chevy

067chevy

You have your spindles on backwards.

10. 067chevy

067chevy

A work in progress?

11. Painter D

Painter D
    from DFW

I couldn't tell you how many people have called my Riviera an Impala. I have no idea why that is, I see no resemblence.

12. Was going to a carshow in Southern Missouri & stopped to get gas. The wife walks out to get back in the car laughing her ass off. I asked what's so funny, & she tells me that some guy inside the gas station said our car was a "chopped, channeled, centioned & lowwered" early Nova. I looked at her & asked how did he come to that when the tags read "ITZA VW" and it's a 65 VW Notchback...joe

Attached Files:

13. EV34

EV34

this is some good stuff.....i used to have corvette valve covers on my 34 and for a while i got the oh cool a corvette motor than it got to where i couldnt help my self and started tellin them that it came factory that way....... then it takes forever to get it through to them what it really is

also we were on our way back from ks with a bucnch of people and i was puttin gas in my dads 48 ford and this guy comes up and is like nice 57....nope 48....oh well that one over there is a nice 57.....nope thats a 35 ford he went on to every car in the lot just knowin he would find a 57 lol

14. A Rodder

A Rodder

I had a guy stop in at my shop today. He was really interested in my 30 sedan, said he was building one with his dad similar to mine, but his was a 28. He also said his was the same as mine, you know a three on the tree. I thought that was interesting, maybe he thought that is what I was running, maybe he had that with a cool y block or something, nope running three strombergs. You know three on the tree. Then he preceeded to tell me that it is a build more for his dad and he has a model A T bucket. He will learn, I did appreciate his enthusiasm.

15. Edsel58a

Edsel58a

I was asked why I chose a Chevy small block for my 1954 Ford..... It is Y Block powered....

16. 31fordV860

31fordV860

My 31 A has Gray Primer Patina/ 3"Chop/ dropped front axle/ Flathead...
    Primer was from mid fifties....

Question always ...what Color are you going to paint it ?..

"Aint gunna du it' ...i always say..

17. evolvo

evolvo
    from Seattle

I was at the Cruzin Colby in Everett, Wa on memorial day. Guy starts asking ? and tell me he loves the car. "What kind of tranny you got in it?" T5 I says. "Thats cool, at least you don't have to shift all the time" HUH

18. 6berry

6berry

my friends used to always tell my dad his '71 chevelle was a sick mustang

19. 34dodgehemi

34dodgehemi

I've got an all steel 33 chevy coupe, it's done in in semi gloss black. The first night I drove the car to a local cruise spot some guy trying to impress his girlfriend (Ugly Bitch) asks, "When did they start making a fiberglass 33 five window" I responded "I dont Know, I've never bought one" Not satesfied he asks "then where did you find this fiberglass body", I told him it was 100% steel, He says "there's no way, this thing still has the gel coat on it". I explained to him it was a semi-gloss paint. As he was walking away he told me I need to find a new painter who know how to wet sand and use a buffer (He wasnt kidding). I laughed it off

20. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

I think we have a winner!

21. mtpockits

mtpockits

All your answers are correct, we have all herd someting werd about our car's, i myself can't beleave the people that think my 49 nash is ugly.:p

22. slysball

slysball

I was told one time " That is a nice Volkswagon your are building there"........It's is a 1947 Chevy Fleetline! Moron!

23. I think these are the reason that the greaseslapper will probably never see a car show. Provided I ever get it finished!

24. Went to have the front end aligned on my lowered 66 Chevy wagon. The guy said, "That thang thar needs some new sprangs. They saggin'. Yep, that's what's wrong wit it. Don't need no linemint."

Mikey

25. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

A few years back I built a '74 Pinto ''hot rod". I know it's not a 'hot rod"
    according to HAMB criteria but it's what I wanted at the time and
    with a 5-bolt 9 inch rear and Maverick front disks, lowered suspension,
    15X8.5 and 15X7 Torque-Thrusts, some tasteful 'aero' body mods and
    a built, 350-plus hp 2.3 Turbo 4-banger and 5 speed from a T-bird TC
    it meets my personal criteria for a 'hot rod'! Anyway, my first night out
    cruising in the Pinto, a couple kids about 18 or 20, in a late model
    Honda Civic with all the goofy stereotypical "rice racer" mods - ie -
    8 inch fart can exhaust tip, 18 inch wheels, rear wing, neon lights etc.,
    etc, ad nausium) started following me through the city trying to get a
    look at the Pinto. Everytime they'd get close, I'd give the throttle a
    little tap and shoot away from them.They finally caught up to me at a
    redlight in an industrial district and the passenger rolled down his window
    and yelled over over at me, "Hey! What kind of car is that??" I yelled
    back "It's a Pinto!" Then the driver yells over and says "Cool! Who makes
    those???
    ?" I yelled back- "Nobody!They don't make Pintos anymore! This
    car's older then you are!
    " Just then the light turned green and while they're
    still staring at my Pinto and tryng to figure what it is and "who makes them"
    I brought the revs up, dropped the clutch and left them in a cloud of rear
    wheel tire smoke. <LOL>

mart
    ====================================================

Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
  26. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

We were chatting with a guy recently at the Syracuse Nationals with a cool little Lakes Modified. Lot's of fabbed parts, quickchange, flat motor, a nice, finished car that happens to be painted flat black. As the owner was talking to my buddy, myself and another friend were in front of the car and a husband and wife walk up, probably in thier 50's. The guy points to the car and says " this thing here is a RATROD, it's made with junk and painted with spray cans" and walked away. My friend and I just looked at each other and laughed, knowing that correcting the guy would do nothing else but waste my good time. They proceeded to walk around a car that resembled a 37 Ford (and smelled like resin) for the next couple of minutes. I wonder what he said about that one?

27. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

---------------------------
    Man, what an idiot! That guy surely missed a golden
    opportunity! 'Ol' Carrol would've paid a fortune for that
    guy's "10,000 rpm secret"!!! :D:D

mart
    =========================================

28. I was at Vatozone picking up some spray paint (only thing they're good for anymore) and as I'm opening the door to my 62 Corvair, a guy exclaims from across the parking lot, "Hey look a Corvair." I always enjoy talking to people that have experience with these things, so I waited for him to come over. His next statement amazed me, "You know, the engine's in the back in these things!" No shit? I've been lookin all over for it, thanks for the info!

29. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

15 years ago when I put a dual-quad 401 nailhead from a Buick Wildcat into my
    '64 Buick Special, I had idiots constantly asking 1) "How come I put a Chevy
    engine in it?
    " and 2) "How come I *didn't* put a Chevy engine it"! I
    also had "experts" tell me that "Buicks never came with dual-quads"
    and that the engine was really 'an Olds', 'a Cadillac', 'a 427 Ford',
    etc., etc.

mart
    ==============================================

30. From a certified street rod "expert" when looking at the 20" wide slicks on wide 5 floater hubs on the back of my V12 powered bucket... "You should never mix street rods and race cars" HUH?!

I about shit...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.