Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration A proud moment...inspiring I guess. Lets see yours.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustomfordman, May 28, 2009.

1. Balls Out Garage

Balls Out Garage
    from Arkansas

I've got quite a few, but this is probably the best -
    When my oldest was 8, we restored our 61 Century Sabre boat. He was in the shop with me every day, using a 1/4" chisel and flathead screwdriver pulling about 1500 screws as we removed the bottom planks and battens. He never complained, and knew when to jump in and put his small hands to use.
    I'll have to dig up a picture or two.

2. Toner283

Toner283

Here is my daughter in our OT racecar. About 1 1/2 here

[​IMG]

Here she is almost three & still into it in grampa's hot rod. she is in the garage every chance she gets so she can play in the model A. same maniacal grin in both pics - trouble looking for somewhere to happen.

[​IMG]

3. my first real memory of being in the garage was when i was four changing the spark plugs on my dads flathead in his A i'll never forget it

hope to do the same one day with a kid of my own

4. five-oh

five-oh
    from Arkansas
    1. HAMB Old Farts' Club

My baby girl is almost three and loves helping Dad out in the shop. She loves old cars as much as I do. She hands Dad any tools he might need... and a lot that he doesn't! My favorite thing is hearing her try to pronounce car names she's heard. After picking up the Studebaker last week, I told her this was our new ride. I told her it was a Studebaker, which when she repeated it became "Scootabaker". Priceless. I think when I paint it, I'll have "Scootabaker" lettered on the trunk. I kinda dread her getting older- I know she'll probably lose the love for the old things, but I hope she never forgets helping me and our rides with just the two of us, an old ride, a two lane country road and a couple of glass bottled Dr. Peppers. I know I never will.

5. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Love the pics. The problem is that look he's given you in that second pic. It clearly means "Uh, Dad, this is mine. Get yer own hotrod."

6. warren1328

warren1328

That's so brilliant!
    Can't wait till my 15 week old is out in the shed with me!!

7. 56truk

56truk
    from piqua,ohio

Your son is more of a trophy than that car will ever be! Thanks for the future inspiration!

8. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

9. My little guy was two in this photo but pushing five now and somehow his favorite tool is still the hammer. I have the same kind of photos of my now 21 year old doing the same thang as a tot.

[​IMG]

10. Frosty21

Frosty21
    from KY

I honestly hope my kids are like this. I'm afraid that if-well not really-when I raise them without video games and around hot rods and such that they'll just rebel from hot rods and such and dedicate their lives to video games and watching television.

I'm 17, 90% of my generation is pretty much useless, I don't want my kids to be.

11. red3

red3

My 2 year old likes to help me wash the cars. he is realy good at stashing my tools when I aint looking.

[​IMG]

12. Priceless, he's really getting into it!!

[​IMG]

13. Customikes

Customikes
    from SoCal

14. kustomfordman

kustomfordman

thanks, in the second photo he was on to me and I swear he was thinking "what, I'm busy here, could you get that camera out of my face."

15. kustomfordman

kustomfordman

I love these stories and pictures...keep them coming. These young guys & gals are a part of our hot rodding and kustom worlds...and will keep it moving and alive. These picture makes me wonder what I will have on my hands in about 10 or 12 years.

Attached Files:

16. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

Just get used too the fact that your going to hear "dad, can I borrow the car" (shudder)

It's gonna take me years to cope with that one