Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pacemaker

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chaos10meter, Jun 1, 2009.

1. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

O.K. I know this ain't really Old School or HAMB type topic, so you can deleate it if you want.

Been passing out a few times and Doc says no pacemaker, no more driving , mutherfletcher been working on this 49 sled for 12 years got it running May 16th. told about Pacemaker May 21st. if it wouldn't be for bad luck I'd have no luck at all.

So anyway I sign up for one. get it in two weeks.

Anybody on here have one ?
    What can I expect ? Good / Bad
    No more arc welding I have already been told, migs seems to be O.K.
    No laying across the newer engines for a day. No sticking my head in a microwave anymore.
    Hookers are O.K. (I didn't ask I'm just going to assume that)

I have no clue but I'm gonna drive that fucking car before I kick off for good

Like I said mods can trash this if they want

2. johnnyfive

johnnyfive

Dont know much about pacemakers, but arc welding is mig welding. you might want to check into that a little more.

3. TomWar

TomWar

Barry Mazza started a thread a while back because he had one installed, and the doc said no more welding.
    Gas is OK. I have one for the last 2 years, and have done mig welding and arc, but mine may not be the lateset design , so you have to go by what they tell you.

4. johnnyfive

johnnyfive

MIG = G.M.A.W = Gas Metal Arc Welding

TIG = G.T.A.W = Gas Tungsten Arc Welding

Stick = S.M.A.W = Shielded Metal Arc Welding

Basically if you have to plug it into a outlet, it's arc welding so be safe and be sure you can do it.

5. Lightning

Lightning
    from N. Nevada

Chaos - do a search for "Heart problems and welding" It's quite a interesting thread with some good info - I have one my self and have been a certified mig/tig welder for 40+ yrs. - No welding[except O/A] or anything to do around machinery that has high EMF's[electro magnetic fields], which includes working over a running alternator.

6. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

hey told my dad stay away from car engines as far as the alternator or doing anything with the ignition.A jolt from a plug wire could shut him down same for the magnetic fields produced by the alternator or generator.Oh YA same goes for lawn mower engines.Micro waves are fine!a funny side note my dads first (yes first he had a recall!yikes!)Pacemaker would raise hell with automatic doors for a while they would act nuts if he was in 15 feet of some messed up the open/close cycles like crazy !

7. dgc15

dgc15

Had one since 2003. Battery went down so I am on my second one now.
    I have a pacemaker-defib. I ask about welding, Dr said just don't stand in water or weld on something up close to the shoulder where it is. I have done a fair amount of MIG welding with no problems. I pretty much do what I want and don't worry about it. So far no problems.

8. My dad has one and has been told absolutely no proximity to any running vertex magneto.... there goes his that drag racing career at 62. To go along with that a local hard ass took a buddies screaming eagle chop for a quick spin and ended up "shorting out", proximity to the vertex magneto (yes he dropped the bike).

s.

9. Reverand Greg

Reverand Greg

My brother has had one since the age of 16.No welding,no Gas engine work while running,No cocaine.Other than that your good.Get a second Opinion,my 2cents
    -G-