Register now to get rid of these ads!

Killer scores UNDER $100...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustombuilder, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

Alright. It's O/T by a couple years but here goes;

This past Black Friday I was GIVEN(!) a '66 Impala 2-door sport coupe, (fast back style). It's pretty rough but salvageable. And it's got the OG 283/Power Glide.

There. I said it.

www.violentlee.com/impala.html

2. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

you should be beaten!!!

3. johnboy13

johnboy13

I don't know if this counts, but last summer I bought a 68 F100 with a 351W/T5 combo mild cam, ported and polished heads, edelbrock intake, Holley 600 carb, billet steel flywheel, stage four clutch, and posi 3.50:1 rear for $350. Drove it home on the interstate, pulled the engine, tranny, seat, column and rearend and sold what was left for $300.

4. 64chrysler300

64chrysler300

My dad just scored a 37 ford bench seat thats very good shape and a 37 ford readiator for free from a friend.

5. willymakeit

willymakeit

Got my 56 F100 free,was complete. I did help do a ground up on it 25 yrs. ago. I am redoing it now as my driver.

6. checkedgoldtop

checkedgoldtop

$100, I got boned, no carbs or nuthin'.:D:D:D

Attached Files:

7. I got this t 10 tranny from a friend, told him I couldn't afford to pay him for something thats worth as much as these thing cost, he said, "hey, we're friends and I want you to have it. Man, I was so stoked.

Attached Files:

8. checkedgoldtop

checkedgoldtop

276 with 341 heads, got rammed again.....$80. Gave the another $20 for a junk 276 and real turd 331 industrial. Farmers will get you every time.

Attached Files:

9. car.jpg A real redneck car here in Maine...what a deal..the guy must of been the champ in his spelling class....the lights were even painted along with the tires..$15.00...hell...I offered him $10 for it!!

Attached Files:

• car2.jpg
      car2.jpg
      File size:
      61.7 KB
      Views:
  10. got this for a 20

Attached Files:

11. I got a 26-27 Ford open car cowl with an in tact firewall for a case of Bud Light a couple months ago. Anyone want to trade me a decent T or TT frame for a bottle of bourbon?

12. von zipper

von zipper

I got this Airguide tach "new" in box for FREE! and I am getting this Shell sign for a few pieces of treadplate that I get for FREE at work. My great uncle Frank gave me 2 Stromberg 97s and tools from the WW2 era. I say then because he marked a V for victory on them! Also the Miller hood, and I garbage picked this pedal car! Just a few of the top of my head! We call them "Freddy Freebie's"

Attached Files:

13. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Oh yea, well I'm always getting free ass chewings about stupid stuff I do. So top that.:D

14. EV34

EV34

i got a free junk 34 ford frame and a free 32 ford truck grille shell for my pickup when i was puttin it together

15. EV34

EV34

* i traded the frame to have my new frame welded together i was pretty happy with the trade beings i didnt know how to weld then

16. BigDfromthe303

BigDfromthe303

I second that! Or 34th that. Lucky!!!

Very nice man!

17. ltex old iron

ltex old iron
    BANNED

i bought a 30 model a coupe for 100 dollars one time and a complete 27 t coupe for 50 bucks one time..i know where there is an original complete running t coupe at for 200 but im holding out on it..nobody will find it oh yeah and i traded a 29 nash 3 window for a set of tires

18. phqnflt

phqnflt
    from NOR CAL

I heard from one of my buddies that there was a 50's car for free, so Icontacted the owner of the car, or should I say his dad and it was a chopped 54 2 door sedan. I went and checked out the car and told the kid i would give him a $100 if he held on to it until the weekend. So we went and picked up the car on sat. when we were loading the car there was a second gen. camaro sub sitting there and he told me to take that to. So when I got home I imedeatly put it on craigslist and sold it for $200. I'm up a $100 so there was no dash in the car and on craigslist I found one for $125. So total I'm the car for $25 and some gas!!!!!:D:D:D

19. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer

The 1953 Kaiser traveler license plate light for me cadillac. A whoopin $3 dollars.
    (it looks better now i polished it.)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. slefain

slefain
    from Atlanta

I got this for free:

[​IMG]

'61 F85. Runs fine, needed the brakes rebuilt and the trans adjusted. Interior is fugly but who cars, straight pipes make the little 215 sound NICE!

21. hotdamn

hotdamn

I got 2 f j 2,3,& 4 belly tankers that I picked up for 50 bucks each!!!

but my greatest so far was a pristine 57 caddy sombrero cap for a dollar at a junk store:D 0423091448c.jpg

0423091504.jpg

22. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

I picked this up from the local high school for $0.

[​IMG]

I saw it sitting outside when I picked my son up. My son said they yanked it out of shop class because they got a new two post lift so I asked him to ask his teacher what they were going to do with it, they told him they weren't sure and it sat there for another two weeks until I saw one of the teachers coming out of the school one night and asked about it. He said,"Take it, it's yours" My shop is right down the street from the shop so I drove the forklift over and picked it up.

It needs a power unit but I can get one from Northern Tool for around $150 but I'm cheap so I'm waiting until I can find a used unit.

23. kinglearjet

kinglearjet

your welcome, which ever of you it is that got all the luck intended for me.

24. Picked up one of these caps at a barn sale for $10.00. When a guy offered $475.00 for it I reluctantly parted ways with it. :)

Mine wasn't as nice as this one.

Attached Files:

25. barslazyr

barslazyr

I got a 37 chevy pick up for $75 that is going to be my first build, no front fenders or grill but cab in good shape

26. Ghost28

Ghost28

Just picked up a saginaw 4 speed with a comp plus hearst shifter for $100.00. Don't need it right now but the deal was there and couldn't resist...ghost

27. picked this up last weekend. 2 door wagon camero front clip, 9 inch rear with a huge swaybar and the axles are already setup for chevy wheels. near new interior blue and white tuck and roll. everything that you can unbolt from the dash is chromed including the garnish mouldings. free just had to pick it up. at this point its a roller and the body is in white high build.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. Dave K

Dave K

Wow that wagon is a killer score.

Here is my free 1959 Fleetside. I added the drop axle

Also my free camp trailer. Hopefully I will get to putting it together this summer

Attached Files:

29. it's funny i got the wagon in sebastapool

30. Dave K

Dave K

I am really surprised I never saw the wagon around. I am a land surveyor by day and deliver pizza at nights so I have been down 95% of the roads in Sebastopol. Glad you are doing something with the wagon.