Register now to get rid of these ads!

slow rod builder but sure

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by aircraftmechanic, May 25, 2009.

1. hello everyone, I bought my 1939 chevy opera coupe back in 1965 for $75 dollars, no motor er tranny,or wiring or a seat.now it has a stock 350 chevy with a r4 700 and gets 25 mpg at 55 mph.I have afew extra 39 parts and a 1956 chevy 235 motor and a 1959 3 speed tranny for it I dont need anymore.I have alot of connections for old parts,so if I see a wanted item and and can steer you in the direction for it I will.I may ask some questions to fix my hot-rod from here if its ok.............tom

2. brady1929

brady1929

tom, welcome to the hamb. do you work for american airlines in tulsa? if you have extra parts post them in the classifieds.

3. Hello Brady; no I did work for Cessna aircraft in wichita ks. layed off again 2nd time in 10 yrs,oh well got honey doo's to finish and my old car too. lived in tucson 9 yrs im military at davis monthan afb. i got original gauges for my 39 i want to sell also extra headlite buckets had since 1965 also. finishing my battery instal in trunk next is 3 rd brake lite then interior i suppose. my 39 gets 25.5 mpg at 55 mph not to bad huh?just got back from 3 days in springfield mo. for street rod show didnt win a thing had fun tho,drop me aline if u life........tom