Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features The 1955-1956 Plymouth and Dodge Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MrBelvedere2, Feb 12, 2009.

1. MrBelvedere2

MrBelvedere2
    from Davis, CA

Nice wagon Ryder!

2. Revhead

Revhead
    from Dallas, TX

3. Squablow

Squablow

They will fit on a '55, I have '56 headlight bezels on my '55. Usually the '56 bezels are held on with 2 screws instead of a screw on the bottom and a clip on top, so you'll have to take off the clip and drill a hole to use them on a '55, but that's simple enough.

I think those bezels only came on '56 Custom Royals, regular Royals and Coronets had the all chrome ones like on my '55 pictured above, and '55 Custom Royals had all chrome ones with a little spear that went on the side of the fender, I always called them Egyptian eyes.

Those '56 Custom Royal headlight bezels are pricey to find in good shape.

4. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

Man I wish people would make up their damn minds!Now he says he'll be up tomorrow with the Dodge.I'm not holding my breath.

5. Come to Mo. & get the 56 Coronet that we are selling for a friend

6. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

Here's pictures of my 56 got it Saturday finally.

Attached Files:

7. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Cool,, That looks like it will be fun to do.. Nice Score....

8. Looking good! We have a 56 Moredoor to match for your family car

9. Big Dad

Big Dad

some 56 pics

Attached Files:

10. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Hey Jon, do you know if the '56 CRL bezels are the same as the much more common '56 DeSoto Fireflite units? I bet they're the same piece, they have the same shape and hold the same headlight.

(also on Adventurers, but I would kill anyone yanking bezels for a Dodge ;))

[​IMG]

11. Squablow

Squablow

I don't know. The DeSoto ones look a bit more peaked at the top, but that might just be the angle of the picture. For a custom, I'm sure they could be made to work even if they are a bit different.

12. Revhead

Revhead
    from Dallas, TX

Well then I won't tell you where I live... Do you also kill people for taking desoto grilles?

13. PUNKROD

PUNKROD
    from TEXAS

Anybody got a driver's window with the chrome frame for a '56 Lancer 2-door hardtop?? How about a trunk lock mechanism?

14. 56 Royal Lancer

56 Royal Lancer

There is a guy on www.forwardlook.net that goes by the name Big M. He has been a great source of parts for my '56 Dodge. fair prices and good to deal with.

Attached Files:

15. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Punkrod.. 55 or 56 Plymouth door glass with trim will fit too. on a hardtop or convert only..

BigM is a cool place.. and More than helpful..

16. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

I do!

(I really just meant stealing from an Adventurer to fix up a Dodge, that's a crime ;))

17. PUNKROD

PUNKROD
    from TEXAS

Attached Files:

18. MrBelvedere2

MrBelvedere2
    from Davis, CA

I finally took some more recent photos of my car, I just got done doing the rear suspension ( rear springs, shackles, shocks, U-bolts, bushings) and front shocks. New tires and Rims ( cop car rims with cop hubcaps) and alignment. It Drives like a brand new car now! i wanted to take a couple sunset shots, what do you guys think, I like it better than the smoothie rims that were on it.

Attached Files:

Big Swede and Chilberto like this.
  19. jrod1955

jrod1955
    from iowa

Has anybody heard of tubular control arms for the 55-56 cars.

20. MoonshineRoyal

MoonshineRoyal

Mr. B,
    Those police rims and dog dishes look tight! I was thinking about putting some on my Royal, so I'm glad someone did it first so I could see what it looked like. I like the flat color paint job on it too.

Chilberto likes this.
  21. I've got a complete set of Mopar cops and caps, too. Never thought about running them on the wagon...until now, anyway!

22. MrBelvedere2

MrBelvedere2
    from Davis, CA

Yes, I am really like the police rims on it, glad you guys like it. I am having a problem though...

The rear end seems to want to sit closer towards the driver's side quarter panel, which leads to rubbing the sidewall when you turn left. I thought I had it under control but after a day or 2 of driving it set right back to where it wanted. The locating pins are there, everything torqued to factory specs...I'm stumped...Anyone have some suggestions?

23. Have someone follow you to see if it is Dog tracking then put it on a 4 wheel alignment stand That might solve alot of ??? or put you in the ballpark of where to start :rolleyes:

24. George

George

The perch is definatly dropping onto the pin?

25. 55mopar

55mopar

hi Im new and was looking at all the nice mopars and had to post 55 royal. working on the dash right now.

Attached Files:

26. MrBelvedere2

MrBelvedere2
    from Davis, CA

To answer your question, yes it defiently dropped onto the pins, I think the pins may have broken when I did a burnout? I'm tearing it apart after work today and see what's going on with it.....that's gotta be it right?

27. MrBelvedere2

MrBelvedere2
    from Davis, CA

Yes you have some nice cars Richard, too bad your a very bitter person and
    yelled at me because I was 15 minutes late when we were supposed to hang out, and told me to go fuck my self....hopefully you can come out of your bitter shell one of these days.... very knowledgeable about these cars but not willing to share, you should take a step back and look at yourself, and the car hobby you are in.

28. MrBelvedere2

MrBelvedere2
    from Davis, CA

OK I tore it apart, it's defintly dropping onto the pin, they're not broke. When on the lift I could see that the back of the frame is a little tweaked, this might be the cause, I have to dome measurements to see. I also think my driveshaft might be a tad too long, make it want to push the rear end that way, could that be a possibility? I had it converted over from ball and trunion too a slip yoke and kept the same length, it shows about a 3/4 inch slip yoke when on the ground. The driveline shop says that is fine but they usually like 1". But said that it should not be the cause.... any more suggestions?

29. kolor me kustom

kolor me kustom
    from Dallas, GA

Here is a picture of my Plymouth " Wendyloo " I finally got her back 5 years later...

Attached Files:

30. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

Here's a couple of shots my buddy sent me.

Attached Files: