Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects screw The Man!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by screwtheman, May 29, 2009.

1. screwtheman

screwtheman

It's been a long time! My wrench (and HAMB) time got seriously cut into over the past year or so. But I've dug deep and found the motivation to get my projects going again. I think the trick is to promise yourself that you're going to spend at least an hour in the shop. If you're not feeling it after an hour, pack your tools and try again tomorrow. So far I've spent no less than 2 hours in the garage and have been making progress. No need to find a whole day off to get things done.

First up is the motor swap in my '54 4 door. I got the new motor set in place 2 days ago (see photo) and spent last night getting the oil pan and tranny buttoned down. You other stovebolters out there know what a P.I.T.A. that oil pan and gasket can be! My goal is to have it cranked sometime on Sunday and have the first pass at the body work done within a couple weeks so I can prime it.

This video shows how far I had gotten it before I decided to swap the motor and get sincere on doing the body work....

(Don't mind the junk valve cover, I've got a shiny one for it ;))

Attached Files:

2. lotus

lotus
    from Taft, CA

thats pretty sweet! I dig the air bags vid.

Is that where the pipes dump right behind the front tire or is that for a cut out?

3. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

Stay with it bro. Rome was'nt built in a day and it took awhile for the suits to fuck up this country so your right on schedule little at a time. Keep posting

4. screwtheman

screwtheman

Thanks guys!

Yeah, I have a split header and had both pencil tips dump behind the front tire. But I had problems with them dragging the ground when I was aired out too low and vibrating against the body. I'm still brainstorming on how I want the exhaust. Going to the passenger side is a pain and with that big ole' Gambino notch in the frame, I don't want to go out back, either.

5. screwtheman

screwtheman

Got it crunked up today! :D

[​IMG]

I also cleaned up a lot of the wiring and got the dog house looking pretty decent. Now I've got to shimmy my ass to the bottom side to hook up the clutch, shifter, accelerator, and flywheel cover. Then it's back to slinging bondo.

6. screwtheman

screwtheman

The more eagle eyed Chevy fans may noticed that I "shaved" the air vent tubes as well. It really makes things nicer looking and easier to get to.