Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects PHOTOS Saturday mockup/used up junk

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DRUGASM, May 30, 2009.

1. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Sorry - pictures from cellphone.

You guys have heard about the shoe maker who is so busy makin everyone else sneakers he doesnt have his own shoes? Thats Roger. But he has shoes,....he needs a hot rod. Roger, like me, is a recovering muscle car guy and his Mustang just aint doin it for him anymore.

This cab has been sitting around waiting to be a hot rod for years. A swap meet score on a sweet frame just might make it happen....heres what we did this afternoon to start a hot rod.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

See what I mean!?! ^ Score....
    [​IMG]

Unmolested....till now.

2. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

[​IMG]

Roger had this 46 Ford end sitting in the weeds...its already got discs on it. Probably gonna need more drop...but itll work for mock up.
    [​IMG]

These wheels have been sitting since.....hell i dunno...the dawn of time? They looked bitchin and fit the front end so they all went together.

Heres all the other crap you might need.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Ah.....new meets old for the first time.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These will look bitchin for the early 60's style.

Sorry...forgot to flip these
    [​IMG]

and for the rears? just clean 'em up and match 'em to the fronts.
    [​IMG]

The rears are a little short....only 27'' but they aint the final. Just for mock up to get a roller.

[​IMG]

4. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

[​IMG]

All together as a roller...doesnt look too bad for a few hours of draggin' parts outta the rafters and weeds.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The sun and shade were playin hell on my camera phone...rough idea of how its comin together.

[​IMG]

Ladies and gentleman...Scotty on the grille.
    [​IMG]

That one might not work....good thing he has others.

[​IMG]

5. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Somehow...through lifes twists and turns,....Roger ended up with a shop half full of old beer signs from a bar his family bought. There were some cool ones,...thought I'd throw em on here.

Schlitz anyone? Looks like it was an old lamp at one point. Date was 1970.

[​IMG]

and there was this hand painted PBR sign too
    [​IMG]

6. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

And then theres Scottys pile.....29 Ford with some Biscayne goodies.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Von Farly 1923

Von Farly 1923
    from Sacramento

I love it when misc. parts come together to form a bad ass ride. Good vision.

8. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Oh yeah...and Scottys 348 tri-power Ebay score.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lucky Bastard. Its super clean...ready to go in the roadster. It actually looks like the car may have been set up for a BBC at some point too.

9. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

So c'mon fellas,....lets wish Roger ( Used Up Junk on the HAMB) the best of luck in building his new shoes. He has a couple of customer cars takin up space right now but any words of encouragement would go a long ways.

Thanks for checkin out the pics.

10. chaddilac

chaddilac

Yep... we need to see the youtube video of this thing driving out of the shop!!:D

11. casper

casper

Good luck Roger!
    From one Central California H.A.M.B.'er to another....I hope to see you at a show soon !!! That truck is going to rule !!!

12. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Good luck roger, I hope to get to sticking me a low budget rod together soon! Jim

13. Used Up Junk

Used Up Junk
    from Merced, CA

Hey Dru thanks for the write up Bro, and a huge thanks to you and Scotty for the help today! Mockups are fun aren't they? As Dru said I've been saving and scrounging parts for years and when the deal hit on the frame that was the catylist to get the project rolling (litteraly). This is a combination of parts that my Dad and i have come across over the years and a lot of very generous friends have donated parts as well. As you can tell from the pics of the shop we have a strange collection of parts and by the time we had dug them out for the mockup it looked like a bomb went off in the shop lol... Plans right now call for and FE motor and C4 trans for running gear and as Dru said an early to mid 60's vibe. I'm a tall guy so the plan is to set up the floor like metalshapes roadster to get a little more head and leg room. Thanks for the words of encouragement guys it meens a lot! Withs Dru's help I'll try to get a build thread going and keep you guys updated. This will be a somewhat slow build as I have to work on it as time and money allowes but hey it's just as much about the journey as the destination right?

14. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

exactly what rog said....if you guys got something rustin in the side yard that might be useful let us know. we love to road trip and will be happy to help you with your used up junk.

15. auto swap in bako tomorrow maybe find some more mock up parts there?

16. westcoastct

westcoastct
    from ca

Man roger I knew you had it in you what were you waiting for?

17. Used Up Junk

Used Up Junk
    from Merced, CA

Just had to catch the right day to work on this thing Chris...Well that and Rich had the airstream out of that side of the shop so I figured while I had a few days with the flat floor I would mock this thing up and try to make it a roller. Now that it rolls i can put it over in my side of the shop in front of Scott's car and work on it a little easier. How's your rig going? Give us a yell when you're ready to hammer your ride out. We need to get together for a day and get yours done then do the same for Jerry and get his truck on it's feet!

18. Used Up Junk

Used Up Junk
    from Merced, CA

Yeah I'd like to have hit up that swap you're talking about Porterville but tomarrow is Honneydew day lol...

19. SapienKustom

SapienKustom
    from Merced, CA

Looking good Roger. Hope I can get done there one of these days and lend you a hand. Just give me a holler.

20. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Nothing like scrounging in your own pile to put together a hotrod.
    That 34 Cab will make a nice rod with all your old-style componnents.
    I like it.

21. mid-cal193

mid-cal193

look'n good rog, anytime you need a hand just whistle. its been great seeing you around the shop, helping all the guys out!!!!

22. PoPo

PoPo

Thats freaking sweet, and thats one hell of a deal on that frame. Im so jealous. I have been searching for a swap meet frame and I probably would have paid some of the crossed out numbers for that frame.

Great build already started. Dru thanks for posting for Rog!

23. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Right place, right time on the frame. I think it was Kiwi Connection. I am pretty sure they are on here too.

24. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

New for today....roller...outside in the sunlight.

[​IMG]

Bada boom....una mas vez
    [​IMG]

back to the shop...in front of scottys.[​IMG]

STAY TUNED! SAME BAD TIME. SAME BAD CHANNEL!

25. Used Up Junk

Used Up Junk
    from Merced, CA

Yes Dru it is a Kiwi Konnetion frame and I must say that anyone thinking about a 32 style frame they are the way to go! I believe Kiwi Konnection is an aliance vendor as well. This one is C-notched front and rear and has no center cross members which will work for the way I plan to do the floor ala Metalshapes Unibody roadster. Can't see the pics from today Dru did they come out OK?

26. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

[​IMG]
    Those last three that didnt show were cell phones pix from scotts camera....lets try it again.

27. i like where thats headin. goner be a great truck.