Register now to get rid of these ads!

2009 Gasser Reunion Thompson Ohio

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Falcon Gasser, Feb 6, 2009.

Last edited: May 30, 2009

2. Why would you post something like that? It is not cool at all....Karma can be a bitch....post a picture of your car so I can steer clear of you.

3. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Don,
    There has to be a few in every bunch. Larry and i really enjoy this event as we get to spend time with the S&S gang and watch some excellent drag racing. As for the memorial they are having for chuck they are doing it to honor a great gasser legend and i think it's a good thing. See you there. Always enjoy watching you run.
    Wanda Blanchet

4. Mat Thrasher

Mat Thrasher

5. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

Don was handing out free soap and cold beer last season ! !

F Y I

Stay away from piston Daves Van........the girls from platinum horse were complaining about bugs .

6. Racer x

Racer x

Wow, all I did was ask a question! I but I guess that is worng on the HAMB now. as I stated I have been away for a while. Sorry to hit some nerve.

Was it your car?

Regards
    Rex

As for one in every bunch. My post was not nasty. I don't like Rat Rods and will call them ratty crap rods!

7. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Rex, The coupe you speak of is owned by a local Kenny......It is actually a fairly well built car structure wise with full cage and rearend setup to take a beating......When the Coupe found the wall that day...it was actually piloted by a very well known local older driver from the day that helped build the car.......The Coupe has been rebuilt and retired to the street, Kenny drives it all over ! and if I remember the Coupe had a best time around 10.90 something and was driven all over....Littleman

8. willys426

willys426
    from earth

Well Don, if your goal is to go to an event and wear your car out for the sake of wearing your car out, then Thompson sounds like the test and tune for you. Like I said in my post, have fun. Enjoy. If you check their link you'll see that what I'm saying is true about running the 1/8 mile on a 1/4 mile track.

9. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

racer x ,

that model A belongs to a guy here "Cool Dude" friends with everybody. The car is a very well built hot rod.

Haney

10. willys426

willys426
    from earth

"few in every bunch"? Jeez Wanda, that is pretty harsh. I think it is great that you get to hang out with your friends, you can do that without being at a racetrack. As far as the racing goes, what I said stands. And as far as Chuck goes, that's accurate too. I'm a lot closer than you to that situation. How come they weren't showing him honor when he was alive? If it is all about being a bs session at the racetrack, enjoy yourself. Have fun. I mean that. Tell Larry I said hi.

11. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

Kenny's car was obviously NOT a RAT ROD by any stretch of the imagination. You either made an honest mistake and did not take a close look at it -or- you really are trying to be nasty by very poorly masking a negative comment in a question. Play the myrter if you like, but anyone familiar with the car will know better. If you made an honest mistake - well then pony up - no harm no foul. If not then please post that pic - I'd like to steer clear as well.

Not everyone can afford (nor want) shiney paint - doesn't make them Rat Rods - the only thing I remember being "rat like" on Kenny's car was the RAT MOTOR!!!

12. wvenfield

wvenfield

The atmosphere is great. The racing is super. Wearing your car out just for the sake of wearing it out sounds like a win/win.

The driver and me as just a spectator both have a good time.

I have no clue as to the other stuff but things do happen. Looks like a Saturday event for me this year.

I'm sure you will be bringing t-shirts Littleman? Only bummer is that I still don't have my Pontiac back together and will have to drive the daily.

13. Racer x

Racer x

Saw your coupe last weekend, nicely done and totally traditional.

To Hemirambler

Yes I did look at the engineering of that coupe. Plexi, not lexan, nice bungee holding trunk closed, 1/4 inch bolts holding radiator in, dog cage slide locks holding door closed. I actually took photos of the steering whch was wrong too! All in all a rolling harware store. (grade 5 aisle)

I could go on but I would just be gravitating to your level.
    I was not nasty in my question but since you are being such a tool, I will respond in kind.

Forrest green 34 Dodge coupe, 871 on a Hemi, feel free to steer clear!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Gone!

14. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank you ken. We will. It's not about money for us and we always have a good time.
    Wanda

15. I thought that was a no brainer but if your car can't pass tech but still want to bring it where do you park it if it's a one day car show and your there for three days ?

16. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

17. JustBryan

JustBryan
    from NE Ohio

It was my understanding the Gasser Reunion was just that, a reunion of racers and builders of these bad ass machines. I don't think I enjoy any other weekend at ANY dragstrip as much as this one. The race is held later in the year (gasser nationals).
    willys426, I'm sorry you feel that way because your Gasser is one to be seen! it looks and runs fantastic. Hope to see your return in the future. These cars were only seen in magazines by most of us here, seeing them up close and personal makes my day.

Bryan

18. Ford Freak

Ford Freak

Hey Phil - Tag and I will be leaving Rochester on Friday around 6 a.m. w/the Falcoon in tow. Should get there about 1.5 hrs. or so after you. See you there. - Bernie

19. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

Leaving Friday morning around 4:30 a.m. and shoul be in about 9:30 a.m. Look forward to meeting lot of you in person this year.

Jon

[​IMG]

20. This mornings weather report for Thursday Sunny High 60's, Friday sunny and 72! Now word yet on Sat/Sun. I'll post again as we get closer. Lots of rain tonight, Tuesday and Wednesday.

21. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

ill be there and cant wait.both me and my family love it!!!this is actually our family vacation.ill be there early thursday morning to set up the tent and save 8 spots.if any one is board they can stop buy{always have beer and food}.

Attached Files:

22. <TABLE id=forecastModule border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><!-- Day Name Row --><TD class=forecastCell>Saturday
    Jun 06
    [​IMG] Mostly Cloudy
    High 72°F
    Low 55°F
    Precip 10 %

</TD><TD class=forecastDivider rowSpan=2> </TD><TD class=forecastCell>Sunday
    Jun 07
    [​IMG] Mostly Cloudy
    High 72°F
    Low 54°F
    Precip 20 %

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Hey Curly-

I like your signature. I am not a Slick Devil but Jacin, Don, and Littleman know me as HJmaniac, the guy with the never Starting project :D

Last edited: Jun 1, 2009
  23. krassandbernie

krassandbernie

I've been out to Thompson on several occassions since the gasser event came about; and I must say it's declined with each passing year.......to put it as nicely as possible! Even from a spectator's point of view; you're definitely not getting what you thought you paid for........now with Ken Kull not showing up, you won't be seeing any real hard true nostalgia AA gassers being run like the heavy hitters did back in the day.......what's left for a spectator to make the event worth while besides a car show? I also think it's a slap in Chuck Finder's face to hold an event in his 'honor' after the way the track treated him over the last several years.....unfortunately, if any more well known racers don't make it to see next year's event, the promoters will have another person to 'honor'.......ca-ching!.....true colors always shine through!

24. c10addict

c10addict

See you guys there... Me and some boys from the club are going to hit it up on Saturday..

25. Several of us are heading to the "reunion" ..from Ontario Canada.

For the dude who doesn't like this show..simple solution,stay home..

It's about MORE than gassers..There 's something for everyone here.

Cya there.

1939fiat

26. I tried calling the track this morning about 9:30 to get clarity on the car show part and if they had preferd parking for old cars not the day of the show. It went right to a recording so I have no answers on what to do with your car that you are not racing.

27. swade;
    buy a weekend pass,bunk out in the truck..and enjoy the ride..

28. I'm staying in a hotel but will be there all 3 days, I was toying with the idea of bringing the bucket down. Mapquest said it was an extra 2 hrs. not taking the hi-ways...lol

29. krassandbernie

krassandbernie

Who said I was going? I thought it was called Thompson Gasser Reunion.

Maybe it should be called "Thompson Gasser Reunion.....and MORE!"?

30. violet springs

violet springs

swade41, a flyer that I have says to call Renee at (216) 251-5200 ext.122 for more information