Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another FNG from GA!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Rat 52 Coupe, May 29, 2009.

1. Rat 52 Coupe

Rat 52 Coupe

Hello everyone I'm new around here, so here it goes with my introduction! I'm 39 years old and I don't know alot about cars. I'm really into traditional rods, and old school style hot rods, I don't really know a whole lot about what I'm doing, but I'm trying! I have a 1952 chevy coupe that I'm trying to build as a sled, I try to work on it about every night. I normally buy cars that I like but, this time I decided to try to build one! I am also into ink and the hot rod kulture. I hope I can learn some stuff off of the HAMB to help me with my build. I live in west Ga and it's very remote out here and I work out of Atlanta. I probably will not post very much, but I'll do alot of reading! Thanks for all of your help.

2. chopnchaneled

chopnchaneled
    from Buford Ga.

Welcome from buford and good luck with your 52.

3. slick39

slick39
    from dallas ,ga

welcome from dallas ga ....this site will help you a lot if you ever get out this way we have some really cool cruize in's with a lot of great people is your 52 running and are you needing any thing for it

4. I actually know where Roopville is, come on over to our show at Rockmart High School tomorrow, registration opens 8:00 AM, hope to see some HAMB folks there. Call my cell in the morning 404-895-3839 if you need directions to show site.

5. Rat 52 Coupe

Rat 52 Coupe

Thanks for the welcome, to answer your question, no my 52 is not running. I'm trying to figure out what motor I should put in it! I'd really like to chop the top, but I know I can't do all of that! Do you have any extra parts for a 52?

6. Hot Rod Bob

Hot Rod Bob
    from T-ville Ky

Welcome to the HAMB!

7. 52 csb

52 csb

Hi 52 Coupe. You have a great start in rods there... I have one,,,,lol lol WELCOME 52 csb.....:)

8. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

Welcome from Lithia Springs!

9. RDR

RDR

welcome Ga. from the great northwest, got a 52 chevy also..running a 250 6cyl, powerglide,and nova rearend...been on the road 11 years and over 80,000 mi in that many years. Great driver very dependable and pretty cheap to operate (20 MPG) at least before this freeking gasohol..lost a couple mpg after that. I have had quite a few 49-52 chevys pass thru my life. put a 303 olds w/lasalle trans in my 2nd 49 fleetline highschool car in 1961, the first 49 had a 216 rod knocker and i swore i'd never have another 6 cyl (never say never) In the 80s another 50 2dr sdn came my way. Put a 455 Buick & at400 in it...went in so easy it was scary..kind of like it was made for that car...so just about any way you want to go with your coupe will work..from simple and inexpensive to totally rediculous and mega bucks; whatever you do, don't be afraid to do it yourself. Hell, if you're a plummer you've probably tackled lots worse than an old stovebolt chevrolet!! GO FOR IT