Register now to get rid of these ads!

How many P-15's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hkestes, May 26, 2009.

1. MTP

MTP

Here are a couple of pics of mine. Not your typical HAMB machine, but 100% owner built.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Engine is a twin turbo'd 427 BB Chevy, front suspension is rect tube Mustang II IFS and a narrowed Ford 9" in the rear. If all goes well I'll have it back at the HAMB drags this summer (It was there in 2004 & 2005 with a blown small block)

-Chris

2. Nasty but why the BBC?

Rat

3. hkestes

hkestes

Have seen a few more of the 46 - First Series 49's showing up here lately so thought I would bring this one back up again.

Who else has a P15 and what are your plans?

4. The 47 convert is pretty mild mannered with a 57 model flathead six
    (230 c i). No plans to do anything much more to it.....just maintain
    and drive it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've had the pleasure of seeing Mr Coatney and Mr Estes's cars in person....
    both nice.

5. As many know, the early 49 P15 had a little setback due to a windstorm.

[​IMG]

So, now we have another roof and pair of doors to replace the damaged items. Have also been buying stuff to replace misc damaged things, like
    window frames. Still need the passenger side wing window for the door.
    The car is now in Kansas City at son-in-law's house.

6. OUCH!:eek:

7. nefareous

nefareous
    from maryland

P-15 "project-reject"

Attached Files:

8. Arthur1958

Arthur1958

Old Plymouths have been underappreciated for years. My current project is a '49 (second series) and my son is working on a '51. We have learned to like Plymouth flathead sixes, which are nearly indestructible. Other Plymouth/Mopar features, like brakes and suspensions, are a bit of a paradigm shift for anyone accustomed to comparable Fords and Chevys. But after a while the Chrysler way starts to seem quite natural.

9. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here's my recently purchased '41 P12 Business Coupe. I have been thrashing away at it for weekends on end. The pictures are from when I bought it. I am amazed at how solid this 70 year old car is.
    • So far, I have rebuilt the entire suspension, including new springs and shocks, including front shock tower mod.
    • I have installed disc brakes, replaced rear wheel cylinders, installed ECI dual master cylinder and replumbed the entire brake system.
    • Fixed various electrical gremlins (ongoing).
    • Bought and installed Smoothies with Coker Classic Radial Tires
    • Installed rubber floor mats
    • I will install a new (to me) generator this weekend and fabricate some bucket seat mounts.
    Then, hopefully, I can take it for an inaugural cruise. I already cheated and drove it around some backroads once. :)

Right now it has the stock drivetrain. Long term, it will have a SB Mopar and yet to be determined tranny with Dakota rear axle. Whew.

Attached Files:

10. wristpin

wristpin

10/4 i'm with plym 46

11. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I hadn't seen this thread before... Count me in!

12. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

My 1st car was a 47 Plymouth Special Deluxe 4door Sedan for $150.
    Several years later bought the same car back for $125.
    Also picked up a runner/driver 42 Plymouth Special Deluxe 4door Sedan for $15.
    Years later I bought a 48 Plymouth Special Deluxe 5 passenger Coupe.
    Also picked up a 47 Coupe for parts, removed some stuff and sold it to a guy who brought it back to life.
    Got into Fords, had a bunch of different ones including a 33 Ford Cabriolet with chopped windshield, Carson top, filled door handles, a project, sold it to buy a 48 Plymouth Special Deluxe Station Wagon, yep, a real woodie, running/driving 2-owner Houston car for $1500.
    Drove the woodie a few years and sold it. and have wanted another 42-48 Plymouth ever since.
    I have to say the 42-49 1st Plymouths are relatively cheap, ride well, have very comfortable seating, are roomy, and parts availability is very good, and they are a pleasant looking car with good custom possibilities and make good hot rods as well.
    So buy 'em, build 'em, enjoy 'em!

13. mossback44

mossback44

Too late, Plym46! The word is now out and I got it. I just agreed to buy this one and I'm headed to NoCal on Tuesday to pick it up.

Attached Files:

14. kbuhagiar

kbuhagiar

NICE!!! :cool:

15. More! I really dig those post-war Plymouths!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  16. n847

n847

My 47 Coupe: Current configuration 283 SBC w/ Ford 9" and turbo 350 trans

Attached Files:

17. n847

n847

hkestes for the record your car is awesome...love the flat 6 I wish my car still had the drive train but it was gone long before I got it. My uncle pulled it infavor of the SBC and set it in the back yard for over a year way back in the 80's or 90's. After that year a cousin who owned a 37 or 38 came over and they picked the motor up out of the dirt dropped it in and it fired on the first crank and ran till the day he sold the car years later! Man I wish I had that flat 6 back!

18. rusty76

rusty76
    from Midway NC

I like these cars. They are neat.

19. hkestes

hkestes

Seem to be a lot of the 46 - early 49 Plymouths coming out of the woodwork lately, so I though I would bring this thread back to the top.

20. handmedown40limited

handmedown40limited
    from tracy ca

Guy just moved in two houses down from me with a nice 49. Drive the thing to church every Sundays and a lil local cruising.

21. Gromit

Gromit

[​IMG]
    nosed 49 with '50 grille.. Still haven't decided to sell or keep...

22. n847

n847

More up todate! Time to start looking for a new front end/grill. I'm hopping to put my front bumper on soon, and then I'll be needing to make a set of splash guards!
    Now I'm running a Bored SBC 360 c.i. still with the 350 th and ford 9"
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. daliant

daliant

Here's another one from out of the woodwork
    100_0807.jpg

24. Yup, you're in Missouri. Dang fragile walnut trees!

25. GeezersP15

GeezersP15
    from N.E. PA

Here's a few pics of my P15. 355 SBC, TH350, 69 Roadrunner rear. Not pleasing to a few of the Mopar purists, but I like it.:D

Attached Files:

26. Heres my 48 Sedan

Attached Files:

27. Fellow club member Glee Dodd's old Plymouth with vette running gear. HRP

[​IMG]

If you go to his shops web site there is a cool video at the Goodguys autocross in Charlotte,North Carolina,,this car hauls the male,,uh mail! HRP

http://www.carolinarodshop.com/

28. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Count me in too. I've loved this body style for years. Not really a MOPAR guy (thus the Chevy. 283) but I had to get one. Just a pretty car.

Gary

Attached Files:

29. coffman

coffman

Just ran into this thread and now I can actually post images. '47 4dr Deluxe,'54Chrysler 264 long block,factory Dodge trk int.&ex.,B/W T-5,3:54 r&p out of '56

Attached Files:

30. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Some older picture of mine just surfaced[/ATTACH] scan0002.jpg