Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Orleans hot rodding scene?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vik morgan, May 18, 2009.

1. Mike Rouse

Mike Rouse

Damnfingers, I do remember you and your car.

I am working on a date, I will let every one know when I get i set.
    I hope we can get all of the N.O., Gulf Coast, North Shore, Gonzales, BR, Gretna, and anywhere else to get together. We can talk Rods and maybe do some work on rods.
    Mike

2. mike make sure to post the date , all of my family are in NOLA and im down there a lot when im not working..

3. racerodcustom

racerodcustom
    Member Emeritus

We'll be at Dba on frenchman sat at 8 o'clock. Guess we'll see ya'll there.-Mike

4. Mike Rouse

Mike Rouse

Racerodcusom,

I will not make it, Saturday.
    I have to go to the beach on Saturday.
    Mike

5. Mike Rouse

Mike Rouse

flh4speed,
    I hope to have the date picked today,
    I will let everone know.
    Mike

6. Homemade44

Homemade44

How did the get together on Frenchman Street go? How many attended?

7. vik morgan

vik morgan
    from Houston

I hope that if there wasn't anything before, there will be now. I've read what others have said, but from what I've seen myself, its too cool of a town and so full of culture, character, and characters not to have some hot rods cruisin' around.

8. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

Might need something like this...

Attached Files:

9. Mike We attended your get together in the past. We are the guys from Lafayette. Let us know also we will come over. Gary

10. axle

axle
    from Drag City

My wife and i got there about 8:30 p.m. and the place was packed but i didn't meet one person or see anyone with a Hot Rod shirt on. By 10:00 we went to the Apple Barrel where a pretty decent blues band was playing. Sorry a get together didn't happen.

We literally had the best Louisiana trip this time around. Went to Slidel, Houma, Bayou Corne, Black Bayou as well as N.O.

Axle

11. Homemade44

Homemade44

The last get together at Mike's shop was great. The people that want had a good time and got to bench race and see and some of us used Mike's tools. Many of the tools in the shop were designed and built by Mike and they all work great. Hope this get together will be as good or better than the last one. I am looking forward to meeting some new people later this month.

12. hepcat_13

hepcat_13

We must have just missed you. We where there till around 8:30 and figured it was a bust. If you would have seen us you would have known, we looked kinda out of place.

13. chevrolet150

chevrolet150

How many is there on here from South Louisiana? Maybe we all need to plan a place to get together and shoot the shit. Tim

14. 58sled

58sled

Tim,
    Mike Rouse is planning a get to gether in late June. He has a shop in Baton Rouge. last I talked to him he was trying to nail down a date. He should be chiming in soon (I think hes on vacation right now). also I'm always down to hang out. that 55 in your avatar is killing me, looks great.

15. bobscogin

bobscogin

I'm going to try to make it if the date works for me. I've got a pair of small aluminum hood side panels that I want to put some louvers in. Thought I might be able to convince him to limber up the 'ol louver press!

Bob

16. Homemade44

Homemade44

Bob, I built a louver press like designed and made. I really works great. Mike said he would louver them when we have the get together. If you need them before that let me know and we could do them in my shop.

17. bobscogin

bobscogin

Joe, thanks for the offer. As for time frame, I should be OK with doing them at Mike's shop if we get together sometime this month. Should that not happen, or I can't make it there, I may take you up on your offer. Seems I read that you're in Pass Christian. That right?

Bob

18. Homemade44

Homemade44

Bob, I am in Pass Christian and easy to get to my house I'm very close to the beach on the east end of town. If you are interested in visiting let me know.

19. bobscogin

bobscogin

Again, thanks, Joe. I want to do some preliminary layout work on the panels I'd like to louver. Are your dies 3"? If so, I guess Mikes is the same?

Bob

20. Homemade44

Homemade44

Bob, I have 2,3,3-1/4 and 4" dies. They are old school with the rounded top and are similar to Mikes. I make my own dies. Attached is a panel I just louvered for a friend in Alabama for a machine he is making.

Attached Files:

21. bobscogin

bobscogin

Nice work, Joe! Very crisp and well defined.

Bob

22. chevrolet150

chevrolet150

I will be watching for the date ,hopefully I be free so I can come up.

The 55 is gone, I had to sell it.... Still have the wheels though. I may stick them on my 57 4-dr hardtop but I kinda want ww's for that one. The 55 was pie-chopped 6 inches but I sank the glass openings so I could use stock glass front and back. Z-ed frame, airbags, tilt hood, and the list goes on. Oh, it was also a four door when I started it, I will do another one day. Tim

23. No I can't and I went to Marie Laveau's grave and put down 4 pennies to put a hex on 4 assholes I know and I sure as hell hope it works .. !!!!

24. Mike Rouse

Mike Rouse

Hello all,
    I started a new thread for the meet up.
    Check out Rods 'n' Rust.
    Mike

25. 58sled

58sled

26. Marlboro Man

Marlboro Man
    from Colorado

Hey, I was wonderin if any of ya'll knew if Jake's Speed Shop was still in business. I've been away awhile and I can't find any speed shops or auto machine shops here that are worth squat.

27. Marlboro Man

Marlboro Man
    from Colorado

Do you do any NACA Ducts?

28. bobscogin

bobscogin

Unfortunately, Jake's Speed Shop is long gone, and so is Jake. If you used to go there, you'll remember this sign:

Bob

Attached Files:

29. Homemade44

Homemade44

Do you do any NACA Ducts?

Don't know what that is, tell me what it is and maybe I can louver it.

30. Marlboro Man

Marlboro Man
    from Colorado

Those are the wine bottle shaped ducts that NASA designed for the rockets quite a while back. They recess into the body.