Register now to get rid of these ads!

Scored myself a vintage single wheel trailer

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hvychvy, May 10, 2009.

1. hvychvy

hvychvy

Just wonderin how many of you have seen a trailer like this.I found this one one ebay,and had to have it:)Plans are to partially restore it,and run the wheel off of it:D

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 10, 2009
  2. KillerKustom

KillerKustom

One wheel of fun. cool

3. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

had a similiar one in the 60s .it served me well. good idea.

4. 61TBird

61TBird

5. hvychvy

hvychvy

I've seen the site,there's some cool stuff on there,I guess mine is actually the phoenix:)Thanks

6. RAY With

RAY With

lOOK GOOD BEHING OLD IRON FOR SURE

7. hvychvy

hvychvy

Plannin on pullin it behind my a sedan:D

8. A Rodder

A Rodder

Nice find, i don't know how to post the link but check out the one i found, it is of the two wheeled style, can't find any info on this one. but since the original post it has new tires and bearings, blasted and painted swivel spring setup and wheels. i painted the inside of it so it is clean and added some 50 pontiac tailights as well. it is absolutely the baddest of a little trailer there is. I set it up to tow it on friday behind our suburban for a test run, it went perfect on the freeway at 65, do a search with the description below and let me know what you think. you got a real cool trailer.

"Check out my new Cooler and Chair Hauler "

9. S.F.

S.F.

my dad (9 at the time) said that they moved from indy to illinois in 1963 in a brand new 6 cylinder 3 speed 2 door biscayne with a one wheeled trailer bolted to the back bumper, and the one tire went flat. He said it took my grandpa all day to find a tire to work on it. Meanwhile my dad and the rest of the family was at the movie theator. My grandpa curses those things till this day, and its hilarious

Last edited: May 10, 2009
  10. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

The 2wheel versions of the bolt-to-bumper trailers had more load capacity than the smaller one-wheel setups, just one extra caster wheel/suspension assembly.
    These ebb and flow in popularity as do most "accessory" items for old cars but there is a core of devotees that keep the fires going during the lean times.

11. BadLuck

BadLuck

Very cool. never seen one of those before...thanks for sharing!:)

12. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

that's so cool-nice score. i'd like to get one of those or some kind of teardrop trailer some time. the cool factor is pretty damn high.
    have fun with it!

13. Morris

Morris
    from UK

We had those in the UK as well. My Dad had one for years. Called the "Mini Mono-trailer". Cool find.

14. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

thats a cool funny looking there i like it

15. them trailers are great. I had one behind my old VW bus. Lots of fun.

16. smitty78

smitty78
    from Florida

Not trying to hi-jack this post... but day or two after reading this post I found this on craigslist. Come to find out the guy who was selling the trailer has had it in the family since 1938. His dad was owed money and this was collateral. The last time it was on the road was 1978 he put a new tire on it pulled it once and parked it. I greased everything up and made a receiver hitch for my daily. The guy i bought it from was 84 yrs old, flew B-24's stateside during WWII, and was full of stories. I love finding cool old shit!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. smitty78

smitty78
    from Florida

The original owner could not find the title, so we re-registered it as a 1938 home built. It's probably older than that, but his dad got it in '38.

If i can find a big caster I'm going to make a one wheel teardrop camper

18. LYNN49

LYNN49

19. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I had one I used for long trips several years ago. I found out the hard way that the swivel wheel apparatus was made of cast iron when I backed up a little too quickly and the wheel forks broke in half when the wheel reversed direction. Just something to check out and be aware of...........

20. A Rodder

A Rodder

Here is mine, it is set to go now, I also scored a spare swivel and wheel set up for a spare. The spare will be inside when we rock to billetproof NW next month, watch out!!!!!!!!!!!!! Joe

Attached Files:

21. greaser57

greaser57
    from minnesota

Cooooooooool..................Rich