Register now to get rid of these ads!

My new drag car (I cant lie)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The Shocker, May 24, 2009.

1. Ya he wants to go fast not work on it in the pits LOL

take the sway bar links off for lift, I would think you have a 8, 3/4 rearend
    thats a clean 270 dart, Chevy guys will bust your balls but its all in good fun, the subframe bars are a must for the dart/cuda/hell any A body. but with cage and all you might be 2900lbs do the math it is a killer weight to power combo.

2. scrape

scrape

i really like these early darts.... and the plexy scoop looks great....
    i think you already know what id do to it though (awb, a100 seats, axle in front, ect,ect)....... haha....

3. The Shocker

The Shocker

Thanks for the compliment on the scoop Troy.I wasnt sure if i would like it till i stepped back and looked at it.Its kinda hard to undo a whole that big in the middle of the hood ,but i took a chance and it worked out .Those scoops are a bitch to install ,since it goes in from undernieth and the whole is smaller than the outside edge.Lots of measuring and not much to measure from with all of the compound curves on it .A straight axle would look tits ,but would be a pain to do on this car ...

Last edited: May 26, 2009
  4. The Shocker

The Shocker

Thanks for the compliment on the Dodge ,i am kinda new to them (meaning out of proly 25 cars i have owned in my life this is the first Chrysler product i have had).
    Do you know if you can buy subframe connectors for it ready made or do i have to make'em ?

5. Kool car! I'd go with the Super Stock springs and the Mullet, You'll be in the tens easily !

6. direct connection at your local mopar will have them in there performance book.

7. The Shocker

The Shocker

Thanks lots...

8. The Shocker

The Shocker

I think im gunna wear a mullet wig under my helment for good luck ...

9. PUMPKINHEAD

PUMPKINHEAD

WOW!

You've done well.

How soon before you'll be selling it?
    I give it 6 months:D:):p:):D

Good luck at the drags.

10. The Shocker

The Shocker

Thanks ,my selling /trading/ fix'um and sell'um again has paid off well.I now have something to drive ,something to race ,a trailer to haul it on (all paid for mind you),and some cash to spend when i get there ,all from my dealing this past year .I will proly build something like a cheap 50's custom to cruise and keep in the near future as well ,then all my bases will be covered .Look me up at the DOTD next Fall ...

Last edited: May 26, 2009
  11. Or when he launches a rod or driveshaft. :D;)

12. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

I'm sorry, but that thing is a total piece of BAD ASS.

Hope to see it at DOTD.

13. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

It may be sooner than that after the chevy boys get done with him.:eek::D
    I think the only way for you to look good in that car is with that mullet dew. Mullets are coming back, you will be ahead of the curve.;):D

14. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Wow man, your car is just getting bad-assier. Cool set of changes.

Try putting a bowl of ammonia on the floor for a few days to kill the smell. Then air it out a few days to eliminate the ammonia smell. Works great for mildew type odor.

Have fun at the track!

15. I've heard there's a Mullet called the 10/90 (10% on top,90% in the back!), that should really be the ticket to speed !:D

16. priceless!!!:D

17. Iron-Iceberg

Iron-Iceberg

Go here for help. It is the race section of Moparts and they can help you with anything Mopar.
    http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat=0&Board=Racer
    You can buy premade frame connectors or make them your self. Its not that hard. I would get some on there, I have seen a few Darts with wrinkles in the Qts from hard launches.

18. The Shocker

The Shocker

This Dodge is no MF'n joke afterall.I took it to Ardmore today and i ran a best of 7.58 at 90.51 mph in 90 degree weather in the 1/8 (which equates to an 11.89-11.90 in the 1/4) launching at 2000 rpm foot braking and shifting at 5700-5800 .No nitrous ,no blower ,no aluminum heads ,or 5k launch.Its a 408 cube ,10 to 1 motor ,with a mild O'reillys Edelbrock performer rpm cam ,and iron heads .This is a full bodied steel car with full bench seat interior.Just wait till i launch on the brake at 3500 .Eat your heart Chevy guys .Can you do it ???

19. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

yep i saw it do it , good to meet ya .....................should have stayed and ran the elims with us we were one man out.... was a hot bitch today but we had a blast too. and not much faster than you, in the chevy II later ..................

20. The Shocker

The Shocker

Woulda liked to stay and ran some more ,but i was just there to get some runs under my belt with it anyway and get to know my Dodge .I proly wont run it again till Mokan .Thanks for the compliments on the Dart and it was good to meet you as well ...

21. The Shocker

The Shocker

Read it and weep .Ha ,ha ,ha ,looks like it wouldnt run a mid 9, let alone a 7.50 in the 1/8 .It has a back seat in it ,so if anyone wants to go for a test ride let me know ???

22. bigken

bigken

Sweet rod ya got there, Daniel. Looked good going down the track. Seemed to go pretty darn straight and ran great. Look forward to seeing the mod enhancements at MoKan, because we know you can't leave it alone.
    hehehehe Good job.

23. The Shocker

The Shocker

Thanks Ken ,it was good to see you guys again .I saw you pulling that rail down the return road with your 34 ,and it looked pretty dang cool doing it .I wish i would had my camera .See you at Mokan ...

24. not real rocket science here.. Ive got a friend with a 66 Nova sedan running a 406, cast crank,cast pistons,GM #151/350hp cam,stock 291 heads, TH350 w/B&M streetmaster and no brake. The car is/was driven weekly..He foot brakes it and runs consistant high 11's all day. Also one of the guys I went to high school with runs a stock 71 GS455, same thing high 11's car weighs almost 4000 pounds...so whats your point here????

25. The Shocker

The Shocker

I have seen lots of late model Mustangs ,imports ,and S-10's doing as fast if not faster than mine is with simular parts.Neither of the cars you listed would make the year cut for the Hamb drags either.My point is there are not alot of 64 and under cars at the Hamb drags that will run as fast with what my car is packing pound for pound and alot of them have more cubes ,technoligy ,money ,under the hood.My other point is that it doesnt look like my car would do much from a quick glance.There is always someone faster and doing it cheaper ,but not many in this realm of racing .BTW are you racing this year or just bench racing ???

26. why do you want to run me??

27. The Shocker

The Shocker

Sure will .May win ,may loose ,but i will do it at Mokan ...

28. I'd run ya.... but my car doesn't hook up until after the 1/8th mile...!

Very cool car with respectable times... congratulations on the score...!

29. The Shocker

The Shocker

Thanks buddy.X-Gasser (Reed) proved my point for me.A blown car with two fours and extensive dyno tuning,running against my natuarally aspirated budget built single carbed Dodge .Its all for fun anyway i guess .He has to get it to the ground anyway to do much.Some guys just dont like Dodges .I have been nudging him for a long time to race with us and this time i think it worked.Ford ,Dodge ,Chevy ,Packard ,makes no diff to me if its fast ...