Register now to get rid of these ads!

37 Ford Fenderless?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Edelbroke, May 23, 2009.

1. Coke-bottle

Coke-bottle

He just has the front fenders. Tudor rear fenders & Rb don't match like 37/38 coupe? if not sorry for the mistake :p

2. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Egg-zactly. Just build it with the intent of putting the fenders on when you can afford some decent ones. Shouldn't stop you from building it in the mean time.

There are no rules in hot rods, well, except that your '37 has to have fenders! ha

3. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Make it look like an older stock car, lots of examples out there, just needs big enough rubber to balance things out. And a Frankland, and a rollcage.

4. E Burfield

E Burfield

I'm building a 37 fenderless, like your sedan. Some people walk in my shop and love it. some don't. don't let people talk you out of doing what you want. You can always put fenders on. Do IT!

5. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I've seen his car, and not to offend fellow Floridians, it's well built but only all it can be. I'd consider this approach instead of the jalopy racer - a super low, "coach" style oval track style modified for the street. Perhaps the front wheels could be a tad smaller, but this thing is mean and nasty. The low stance and large tires make up for the "ungainly" high boy look these style cars have whey they are just stripped of their fenders.

[​IMG]

PS my 37... just can't think of it without fenders.

[​IMG]

6. kurtis

kurtis
    from Australia

Leave it fenderless man.
    Start by chopping the top 3in. kick up the rear,move the front rails inward to be level with the grill,get some 18in. wheels for the rear,16in. for the front,wrap them with Dunlop racing tires screw some Moon discs on,paint it off white with a blue top and add your favorite number on the door in goldleaf. You should have one bitchin' comp.coupe ready for the salt.
    I just can't think of a front suspention setup.

cheers

7. jagfxr1949

jagfxr1949

Fenders, nuf said.

8. Fordson

Fordson
    from UK

Sorry fenders for me.:)

[​IMG]

9. brandon

brandon

i'd move the axle forward , about 3 or 4" back from the grille.....slight wedge chop and wedge cut the body along the bottom...... maybe slice the rear qtr window area and take out a couple inches ..... but only if the car is a rusty pos....otherwise , i'd fender it ...:D

10. brandon

brandon

must be one of those no rules amendments or something
    :D