Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rochester Carbs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TDak, May 20, 2009.

1. TDak

TDak
    from Oshkosh

Has anyone used the new 2 bbl Rochester kits from Speedway? How was the quality and how did they work. Note: I have a 283 Chev with 3x2 supposedly overhauled Rochesters but they are pretty rough.

Thanks.
    Bumps

2. chubbie

chubbie

Bumps, I used the speedway 3-2 kit...works great so far...350 miles on new engine and carbs. big trick is to find an electric choke that clears the linkage

3. TDak

TDak
    from Oshkosh

Thanks Chubbie. I think I'll give them a try. The 283 is in a '32 and I don't use the chokes at all so it should be a little easier. I'm from Oshkosh........good luck to you.

4. I'm doing either a 57' 283 or 67' 327 in a 57' BelAir. My head choices are 57' fueli, 461 camel humps or power packs. I'd like to stay with a hydraulic cam. What are your ideas on a 60s' style 3-2bbl set up, heads and cam? I want to run progressive but hear that it's tricky. Thanks

5. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

6. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Low springs/

I have used Larry Fulton and his company HOTRODCARBS with great success.This is the induction system I am using on my Red Ram(SORRY, i have posted these pics before)
    Larry's work is supreme and his knowledge is vast.
    I know he sells anything you need for the 2CG.
    I would not hesitate to deal with this fine gentleman

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

very nice.... thank you for posting the pics and the good feedback. i was wondering if i should use them.

thanx

8. TDak

TDak
    from Oshkosh

I chose the 3x2 Rochester for a late 50's/early 60's look. The 283 is fine but you could have better driving with more current carbs. More to go with the Rochesters but solutions look promising (see the other posts). Bumps

9. TDak

TDak
    from Oshkosh

Thanks. That's nice looking product. I'm going to look at it. Bumps.