Register now to get rid of these ads!

37 Ford Flathead radiator - recore or go new?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jonnyzepp, May 24, 2009.

1. jonnyzepp

jonnyzepp

The radiator that I have in for my 37 Ford flathead is wrong and the grill won't bolt up correctly. I didn't realize it until I checked out another 37 Ford yeaterday. I have another radiator that is correct but needs to be recored. I see Brassworks sells new ones but they are a bit much even with the Alliance member discount. What's the going rate for a flathead radiator recore? Anyone have recommendations for a place to get my radiator recored. I'm in Western NY. As always, thanks for the help

2. keeffer

keeffer

there is a place in lockport ny i think its call roys radaitor

Last edited: May 24, 2009
  3. BUICKS38

BUICKS38

I had mine recored about 3 years ago. It cost as much as a new one. I say go with a new one.

4. 46achers

46achers

I am still running the original radiator in my 46 Ford truck. I had the top and bottoms off and cleaned, had two of the holes plugged for the small block and so far it is still working great and this was done around twenty five years ago.

5. Hoop-in-JAX

Hoop-in-JAX

Recently had my '35 recored by a very good shop ... $500.

6. Had my '38 recored and altered for SBC last year. $500 but all the brackets are in the correct location and it has a huge capacity. Entire system holds 5 gallons. Truck runs at 185-200 with no problems once I got the fan sorted out.