Register now to get rid of these ads!

took my girls for a ride..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sawzall, May 23, 2009.

1. sawzall

sawzall

dorky proud parent photo.

[​IMG]
    my wife and I both celebrated our birthdays this week..
    our gift, a short ride.. about 3 miles to the ice cream stand.. and back.

this is the first ride my youngest has had in the 40.. she's 18 months.. and only the second ride my eldest daughter has taken.. she's 3 "and a half"

somehow this "trip" was better than 1000's of other miles we've driven..

and a glimmer of hope that we might soon be able to tour again..

best wishes for a happy holiday weekend!

2. There's nothing dorky about being a proud parent. This country could use more of it, IMHO. Great to see a family enjoying the hobby/addicition.

3. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Way Cool Jeff, nice bragging pics

B:DB

4. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Here here!!

5. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

...these are the good old days.....

6. cool picture , looks like in 15 more years you'll never be able to win a family argument again!

7. BOOB

BOOB
    from Taylor, TX

Thats too cool!!! Next time give the youngest a water gun for some interesting stoplights!

8. Ayers Garage

Ayers Garage

I wholeheartedly agree. I have two girls myself. There is no higher calling on earth than being an involved parent in your children's lives.

9. hey old man go to bed, Scruffy

10. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

11. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

Nice Jeff. You RULE!!! Thank goodness the girls look like their mom......

12. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Nothing "dorky" about it.You're a cool dad.
    Sorry you're outnumbered now.
    Time to develop that "selective hearing" gig now?

13. Good for you, enjoying your family and hobby together. When my kids were small I allways took them with me in my cars (didn't have the hot rod). My daughter who is now 29 won't ride in the hot rod, but my son loves it. Maybee because he's a couple of years older. Happy Memorial Day.

14. rusty28a

rusty28a

I know the kids are young, but remember you are making memories!!!

15. bblue34

bblue34

my kids have been around my cars all there life now my 22 year old baby girl wants a hot rod of her on we must keep up the tradition very cool

16. Special Ed

Special Ed

You will look back on today years from now, and it will bring a smile to your face. Way too cool......

17. Very cool...I carted my daughters around in my 70 Sport Fury from when they were born to about age 4 and 6..then I had to sell the car but they still remember all the time spent in the old car!! Now they love riding in my old chrysler long roof.

Keep up the cool memories!!

18. plmczy

plmczy

That's cool Jeff, nothing dorky about it. I took my kids for rides in the road runner all the time. I think my son secretly hates me for selling it last year. Cherish those memories. later shawn

19. That's good on ya for getting them all out in the car.
    I took my 4 year old with me today to a car show, I couldn't believe he could fall asleep in my avatar car on the way back home...lol

20. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

21. Marty McFly

Marty McFly

All I can tell you is get them started young!
    My girls are 8 & 10 and they have rode in my '62 more than my wife.
    They love the smell of that big block when it first fires up and the exhaust has that gassy/oily smell from sitting a while.

These kids may never get totally into the car/hot rod thing but at least they can hang while they are young and build some good memories.

Marty McFly

22. Spike!

Spike!

You're a cool Dad Jeff!

Spike

23. BoulevardBomber

BoulevardBomber

Treasure these times, because in the girls early teens, aliens take their brains !, and leave mean self centered stand in's for your once cherished daughter, opps do i sound bitter?

24. looks like yall were having a great day , theres no such thing as dorky parent pics!!

25. HotRod33

HotRod33

Just make sure when they start driving that they have a hotrod..... Cool Pic's........

26. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

Good times - very cool

27. 29 bones

29 bones
    from so cal

growing up with hot rod dads!!!!
    keep up the good work......
    see ya Brian

[​IMG]

28. neo_pop_71

neo_pop_71

Ever since my daughter was born, I find myself enjoying these cars more than ever! She has given me a perspective and appreciation that I never had before. She celebrated her 4th birthday this week, one of her wishes was to "drive" daddy's truck. She was thrilled to sit on her knees on the new bench seat, make racing engine noises, and spin the wheel with the 8 ball necker knob. She asked after she had enough, could she do it again, we spend 20-30 each day with her "racing" around. I wouldn't trade this time for anything!

-DON-

p.s. I only wish I could put her on my lap and let her drive, like my old man did for me, but there are too many shit drivers these days. Maybe in an open area somewhere...

29. Duck

Duck
    from Pasco, WA

Right on Jeff, you have to start them early!

-Duck

Attached Files:

30. Way to go. both my kids love the A, even though It is not on the road, they have been in a few friends A's for the ride. MY kids are speed freaks, Daughter has been on a 4 wheeler since she was 2 1/2 Its hard finding a real helmet for them at that age, but she only rides with gear. Just last week I did some horse trading and got her a 50 cc mini chopper. she is in love with it, but still bugs me to get the A done. Says she is ready to ride to the Round Up in it already. What a gal. MY boy well he is all me, might even be a bigger grease monkey than me and is only 3. He already wants to learn to weld, but I dont think he is old enough for that bit. I'll share a couple of pics.

Attached Files: