Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration >>>>>>>Friday Art Show 5/22/09<<<<<<<

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Neglected Steel, May 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

Here are a couple of quickies from my goofing off with Sean Ornduff this morning

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ewt2

ewt2

Good stuff John!

3. Buzznut

Buzznut

4. Sage

Sage

I finally got around to doing some stuff that was HAMB-friendly (usually it's the normal sign shop stuff I do to pay the bills, which, while still fun, isn't always HAMBable).

Inspired by a tin I saw at Jeral Tidwell's site I dug around and found a couple of old AOL tins. Stripped 'em, painted 'em and rigged 'em to hold my trusty old 'Striping Brushes.

edit: I found the devil through a Google search. Barnett pointed out that it's the work of Jime Litwalk. Never knew who to credit. Now I do.
    [​IMG]

An old ammo box a friend asked if I could do anything with. Honestly, I sat with this for w-a-a-y too long before I was inspired by a box I saw a fellow HAMBer had done which reminded me of a mailbox I had done back in the early 90's which, in turn, kicked this idea in the ass.
    [​IMG]

And finally, a toilet seat raffle item that was supposed to go to Brizio's for his annual Shop Party & Open Housse (this would have been my 12th) but some nasty flu knocked me down for a couple of weeks and I couldn't get it done. If you're ever at Roy's look for it hanging in the shop someplace.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 23, 2009
  5. Had a little time at lunch today and took some inspiration from the other ballpoint pen and pencil sketches that have been posted and did a quick 'toon of my Custom project....

[​IMG]

6. philo426

philo426

This is in honor of rtDen's contribution [​IMG]

7. ALLISON

ALLISON

Dang, I've done a ton of stuff this week... but can't really show it yet?! So, I'll post this instead, it's something I think you will like "KUSTOM" being cars made into pick 'em ups. Lots of coolness this week.
    Allison

Attached Files:

8. BigDaddySteamRoller

BigDaddySteamRoller
    from Phila, PA

Hey LeSabre,

never knew you were on this board. I have one of your flamed carp sculptures from a few years ago. Was a b-day present from my brother.

The caddy is absolutely incredible ! How much does something like that weigh??

Steve

9. crook

crook
    from Winder,Ga

Lesabre- That's one of the coolest things I've ever seen!!!!!!!
    Big A- Yeah, I'm a hot sauce fiend...if some were to make it to Atlanta call it sold.
    Acrochicken-great stuff as usual!
    Chazzin- Way cool stripes!
    I'm trying to get some stuff ready for next weeks show, awesome show from everyone...Viva La F.A.S.!!!!!

10. sinclair

sinclair

nikscarlett - Totally awesome!
    Sage - that blower toilet seat is..... is..... sick, in a good way.

11. Too bad most guys would never see it!:D

12. Philo,
    I'll take credit fotr that contribution with gratitude and a small bite
    if humility. Further, I will thank rtDen and the others for the heeps of compliments for what was a 3 minute doodle I drew for a member on
    the H.A.M.B. model builders forum. (How's that for irony kiddo.)

13. Lesabre

Lesabre
    from joisey

It's two and a half tons. Most of it is bronze weight but theres a steel frame up underneath that weighs probably 7 or 8 hundred pounds. The frame keeps the bronze from moving around.

14. stinsonart

stinsonart

GREAT SHOW, FOLKS! New Tee for this year's Woodward Cruise.

Bill

[​IMG]

15. fortypickup

fortypickup
    from Nebraska

I got nuthin this week...great work all!

16. ALLISON

ALLISON

Here's something fresh, part of it anyway. Lots of great stuff on here this week. Its part of a Tee for a show in a few weeks. Everyone have a great week end!!
    Allison

Attached Files:

• T2T.jpg
      T2T.jpg
      File size:
      377.2 KB
      Views:
  17. Absolutely fucking nuts, Lesabre!

I love it!

18. Sage

Sage

Dutch & sinclair...Thanks for the kind words.

red sled...Yeah, I know. But then again, more folks will probably see at Brizio's than in someone's garage that won it as a raffle prize.

I've done these for years now and I always try and "outdo" myself from the previous year. Sometimes just for my own satisfaction. This was Roy's 24th Annual Shop Party so the top of the lid has 2-4s on it. I'm probably the only one that would "get" it but then it was supposed to have some lettering on it to designate the 24th (just in case).

19. Am I the only one who can't see Sage's pics? I got nothing, not even a red x.

20. vntodd

vntodd

LOL,
    Osama Bin Roddin' ... and I never thought of Bush 41 as a Chevy guy, guess I was wrong.

ewt, your stuff just flat out blows me away.
    There's some amazing stuff on here each and every week, WOW!

Todd

21. TOE

TOE

I can't see 'em either.

:confused:

22. solid

solid

There is alot of talented cats on here. I love fridays. First time contribution (be easy on me). My basement wall. The wifey wasnt too impressed, but my drunk buddys thought it was a great idea.

Attached Files:

23. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Acrochicken- Love the shots of Ornduff's pickup! Awesome stuff for just goofing off John!

Sage! Wow! You are a super talented feller! Love all those pieces you posted. The toilet seats kill!!!

ALLISON- Your stuff rocks!

24. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

Sombody brought a Code One magazine to work and while looking through it at lunch I found this. Thought you might enjoy it. That's an F-35A Lightning II.
    [​IMG]

25. cattlick

cattlick

My second and a half attempt at pinstriping. Was bored with working flat on the glass and grabbed a jackstand and started doodle'ing

learned a few things in this past weak of pinstriping.
    1.) work within your means. Simple is just fine for starting off BABY STEPS
    2.) fresh paint is better than old
    3.) a new brush is aight!

Critism welcomed.

Attached Files:

26. Very nice picture, I built this truck.
    The wife was driving it at the salt in 07.

27. Zumo

Zumo

Not really quite sure how this will end but here's the start.

It will be called "AsterRod".

Attached Files:

28. maybe a bit similar to Jiggers contribution this week but sumat i did on the wacom a while ago..

[​IMG]

29. I had red X's the first time; next time I looked, the pictures showed up fine.

Bill - Very cool design; love your color choice; very effective!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.