Register now to get rid of these ads!

Photos of rusted iron in the desert.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gilmore Metal Works, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Road Runner

Road Runner

Ghost town Bodie became a CA state historic park in 1962.
    No bullet holes in that rust.

2. slefain

slefain
    from Atlanta

I've wondered about that when it comes to public land. Of course we all know that dragging home a hulk from private land is theft, but where does the line sit with a park? Would this fall under "cleaning up trash" or like in some historic areas would if be considered vandalism? I'm thinking that it would fall under the rules I see at many parks that state "you may not remove anything". The prudent step would probably be to contact the head park ranger and ask.

3. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Or of course a biggass winch and a full moon.
    We have alot of rusties around tucson. When I was in New Mexico I found a Bullett nosed stude airport limo. One of the 8 door jobs. Way not for sale though.

4. klx3000

klx3000

You cannot remove the cars from Bodie, it's against the law, and it is a protected state park. Why would you want to do that anyway, its a historical landmark for others to see how it was back in the day...I've been going to Bodie since I was 6 years old. I'm 45 now. If someone removed anything from Bodie I would be pissed...It's very cool taking my kids there now and seeing the same stuff still there after all these years. The Park Service has taken great care to insure nothing is removed.

5. dirt

dirt

like KLX3000 said you cant remove ANYTHING from bodie. its been 30 year since i've been there. i need to take my kids so they can see it.

6. eddie1

eddie1

7. Firetop

Firetop
    from chicago

Wonder how many times this car has been photographed? Even in rusting rest its still awesome.

Attached Files:

8. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

9. chrisclarkcustoms

chrisclarkcustoms
    from las vegas

nevada...

Attached Files:

10. wayneat

wayneat

It is a Studebaker. I am guessing a 31 or 32 Dictator. The President was a much larger car and had different bumpers and dual sidemount spares.

11. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

49 plymouth, don,t know where.

Attached Files:

12. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

Scotty's Castle, Death Valley - It's part of the Parks system, too - no bullet holes here. (I have posted them before)

Pictures taken about 17 years ago, I wonder how these cars look now.

(I have posted them before)
    - Joe

Attached Files:

13. T-Time

T-Time
    from USA

Thanks! I've had a hood for many years, that I couldn't figure out what car it was from...I think that this is it.