Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rod & custom magazine

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pecker head, May 13, 2009.

1. KIRK

KIRK

I haven't got mine yet. Hmmm. Somebody call the magazine police.

2. CrkInsp

CrkInsp
    from B.A. OK

I gave up on subs. I got tired of shaken the food crumbs out and trying to read through the coffee stains when I did get them. Even the ones that were supposed to come in a wrapper were that way. Talked to the Post Office and was told, "What, our people, No way!" :rolleyes:

3. sledish

sledish

Word !:cool:

4. 39 Ford

39 Ford

Mine came today May 20,2009.

5. Rusty

Rusty

I have yet to recieve

July or August, both are already at the local newstands

6. purpleflameguy

purpleflameguy

Got mine yesterday

7. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

August is on the news stand and I haven't even recieved my july issue!! What gives.

8. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

I got my July but haven't seen August yet.

9. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

I've got July's issue, it's not even June yet, and the August issue's out on the "news stands" already. Ha, WTF?

10. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

Got mine today (thursday.) On the cover is a kick ass 31 model A bare steel and a custom Caddy.

11. Dirty2

Dirty2

I havent got mine either ! Whats up ?

12. Irrational Metalworks

Irrational Metalworks
    Alliance Vendor
    from DFW

I am starting to think the bankrupcy thing might be playing into it. They extend your subsciption instead of sending you what you payed for. There is two more issues we wont recieve! I keep getting 3 year offers for Street Rodder. They wont send me what I already paid for. Why would I want to send them more money? At least I am only out $16 bucks on the R/C and S/R mags. I refuse to buy the ones on the stands. Let them die a slow death, serves um right for screwing us all over.

13. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

I havent seem this months r/c on the shelf at the local raleys i go to. Im kinda worried now i been look foward to it for a long while.

14. b-bob

b-bob

Recieved my August Street Rodder in the mail today. I have been lucky, haven't missed any for the last three years i have subscribed. My wife gets a real cheap rate from the PAC group at her school, or i wouldn't subscribe.

15. b-bob

b-bob

What is the story about them being bankrupt? I didn't hear about it. Is this true? Off theme, but has Street Rod Builder gone under too? Haven't seen anything about them for a while.

16. pecker head

pecker head

Any postal workers on here ? Maybe try to figure it out ?

17. vertible59

vertible59

Yeah, me too, but that '53 Chevy has the most hideous headlight treatment...EVER!

18. Aviator

Aviator

Looking forward to August issue. It seems like the previous issue was only about six to eight pages. It was more like a newsletter than a magazine. If this continues R&C will downsize themselves out of business. I guess that's another way to make more money.

19. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

20. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

I'm letting all my subscriptions expire except Rodders Journal. I find I just thumb through them and throw them down. I read and get more real info on the hamb.

21. Mine just arived. Aug. 2009. The address label is printed upside down in the big
    wite window;maybe the Mail carriers are having trouble reading the labels.

22. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

Ok so now I'm pissed!

I just got my August issue but still no JULY!! I know of at least 25+ people who still have not recieved theirs either!

And to make matters worse, there are 3 places here in Canton that sell Rod and Custom. None of them have had a copy on the stand for 2 months. They have been on the stands here for years without missing a beat! The stores say that they just quit showing up! Now thats crap!

I have been a subscriber since the mid 90's. If this is the way it is going to be be then I might just be changing that!

23. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

I just got one yesterday. It was sent in a large manila envelope not loose as usual, It had a clearing house name on the label and and invoice on the inside for the magazine from the same clearing house. I didnt look what the month it was but had the Astra coupe on it.

24. No problems so far. R&C and Street Rodder arrive like clockwork.

Pete
    Richmond, VA

25. 19Fordy

19Fordy

My Aug. 2009 R&C arrived today 5/22/09.

26. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

This is the issue in question.....I received it two weeks ago....R&C arrives every month like clockwork....no probs

[​IMG]

27. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

I just got off the phone with them. They, like with others, just wanted to extend my subscriber end date. I told them no cause I am paid up for the next 4 1/2 years according to their records!!

They "SAY" that they will send a copy out. We will see.

28. "Ehhh, no thanks I already ga'twan!" (He said in an outragious French accent.)
    It showed up a bit late but it did show up.

29. pecker head

pecker head

Hell yeah ! Just got my August issue today ! now waiting on the July ! Im a happy camper now ! But curious where all the July issues went ?

30. Dirty2

Dirty2

STILL NOTHING HERE ! [/i]