Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Pro advice - 28/29 body parts worth $900?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rustbucketrevival, May 21, 2009.

1. Rustbucketrevival

Rustbucketrevival

Found a guy selling the contents of the picture below, asking a grand but said price is negotiable. He said there is no subrail between the cowl, and the rear half. And there is no deck lid. Would this be biting off a lot to chew for a third time hot rod builder? I'd run it as a roadster.

Do you guys think this worth an offer of $900?

Thanks

[​IMG]

2. dirt

dirt

if it was here i would grab it. you gotta figure the doors are worth 300-600 alone(ebay prices).

3. For whats there I wouldn't go higher than $500.

4. TwistedMetal

TwistedMetal
    from Wisconsin

Maybe find a complete cowl and use the rest to piece it together. My 28 sport coupe had no floors and had to piece it together but it looks good now. I paid $800 for mine.

5. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

Its ALOT of work to make that resemble a roadster. Looks like its missing the cowl section that the doors attach to also.
    That said, if you really feel ambitious and think you can build something from it, then $900 isn't toooo bad.

Good luck
    Zach

6. Flying Tiger

Flying Tiger
    from Japan

I would take it in an instant for $900.

7. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

The Sportcoupe is way more cool than a hacked up coupster/roadster wannabe.
    Id buy it in a heartbeat.

8. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

Here's mine... do it.
    [​IMG]

9. Flying Tiger

Flying Tiger
    from Japan

Man! That so cool!

10. Rustbucketrevival

Rustbucketrevival

I'm assuming finding a cowl section would be tuff?? I don't suppose they make repop sheetmetal for that section huh. . .

Is that cowl section absolutely necessary or could i fab some else to attach the doors to? Or would that just look like a god awful abortion?

Thanks for the guidance

11. Well Damn!!! Maybe I'm out of touch with what stuffs wirth these days. I know it varies pretty widely, depending on what part of North America you are in.

12. Trigger

Trigger
    from Oregon

I would go for it.

13. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

I would buy that for 900 in a second.

14. Rustbucketrevival

Rustbucketrevival

Yeah you would... You have to help defend me from my angry pregnant wife when we bring it home. You dangle the pickles and ice cream and I'll pitch it on the side of the house and she'll be none-the-wiser. . .

15. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

"I'm assuming finding a cowl section would be tuff?? I don't suppose they make repop sheetmetal for that section huh. . ."

That will be the easiest part to find, as they are all the same from 28-29 check the classifieds put up a wanted add or check ebay.

16. The doors and quarters ar probably worth that. Hood looks to be a fordor hood. The cowl section is really easy to find for a closed car, if you want a true roadster, good luck. They do make em new, but spendy.
    You could fab your own subframe, or again buy a new one.

But in the end, you will still have a "coupster". I would save my money and buy the rear thing, or at least buy a complete coupe/sports coupe to roadsterize.
    It's worth the 900.00 in parts, though. But once you cut the tops off those doors, they are pretty worthless to most people.

17. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

It wouldnt be hard to find a cowl band and pillars, the it would be pretty easy to make a sweet sport coupe...a 28/29 version of this...

[​IMG]

18. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I think you would do ok for $900..but try for $750
    than go sell those doors (dont cut em)but than again its your money do what you want
    or buy the ones you will need for that project..(repops for sure..but who knows maybe not)

19. Florian

Florian

i wouldn´t think a second about it, damn, buy it!!!

20. Mat Thrasher

Mat Thrasher

I'd buy it. It's a model A you can find the pieces you need. Worse thing is you have to part it out.

21. Rustbucketrevival

Rustbucketrevival

Went to look at it a couple minutes ago... Here's some more evidence. Also he said he would do $700. It's in pretty rough (for what i am looking for anyway) condition. Lots of patch panels required... The bottoms of the doors had probably 1 inch of body filler... Both of them.

Still think it's worth $700?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

I'd say $400 range, and i'd run it as a sport coupe

23. Trigger

Trigger
    from Oregon

Yea I would not do 700. Little to rough with the doors like that.

24. titus

titus

I dont think it seems to bad for $700, is it the door tops that are bad or the whole door? if its just the tops, thats not a bad thing, chop off the tops and make it a coupster, the cowl posts wouldnt be killer to find, like a few said, coupe/sport coupe/tudor A pillars are all the same in 28 and 29.

heres a pic of my sport coupe gone coupster.

JEFF

Attached Files:

25. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

I'd still way way way buy that for 700 if only because metal is patchable and titus's car is rad!

26. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

$650 cash snag it up build a car

27. The next one that pops up in better condition will be $2,000 or more. It really has to do with how much work you are willing to do, rather than the initial investment.

28. Rustbucketrevival

Rustbucketrevival

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm gunna sleep on it and make the decision tomorrow. . .

Can't wait to hear the wife's reaction when I bring up my "next" project before the "current" project is even finished. :eek:

29. Florian

Florian

get it for 700!!!

you can fab those panels yourself