Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage I Took a Few Muddy Rides Around the Track at the Jalopy Showdown......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, May 20, 2009.

1. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

...and had a BLAST! HUGE thanks to Gas Pumper for the very exciting laps at speed. I thought for sure you were buying some fence there a couple of times. It was wondeful meeting you and having the opportunity to hang out and chat. I'm looking forward to seeing you again next year if not before.

[​IMG]

I'd also like to thank BangerMatt for the track time in his awesome boat tailed roadster. It was wonderful meeting you as well and hanging out with you and your pops.

[​IMG]

Then there's Clark and the 999 car. What can I say....you and the rest of the So-What crew are so very generous with that car it blows me away. Thank you so very much for treating not only me but anyone else that wanted to experience a ride on the track, so special. Getting muddy with you at the end of the day is certainly the highlight of the event and a perfect way to top it off. Anyone who leaves before the sun goes down really misses some of the most exciting hot laps on the track.

[​IMG]

Once again I'd like to thank Larry, Kim and the whole So-What team for making the Jalopy Showdown such a fun and exciting event and the most perfect way for me to start off the cruzn season each year in Big Olds. xoxox

Last edited: May 20, 2009
  2. cruzr

cruzr

Denise........you sure know how to have fun!!

3. Is that what ya call a "Bad Hair Day", Denise???
    Looks like ya had a ball !!!!!!!!!!

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'd say it constitutes a bad hair weekend :D

5. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

And even a muddy shower when you get home! :D

6. I think there is a law against having that much fun. Gotta make there some time. There's just some thing about girls with mud all over them. Is it just me?
    Later,
    Dick

7. RPU Rick

RPU Rick

There should be a law....oh....there is one! FUN IN THE U.S.of A. Rick.

8. LabRat

LabRat

Always having fun ..... Are'nt you !
    Good to see that one nut , did'nt ruin your weekend Ladies ....

9. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

My wife was laughing her head off at how muddy you got..and the Mud wresteling you and Megan got into..she went and checked out your photobucket slide shows to see what this was all about

10. frank is a hell of a nice guy!and interesting to talk with as well,

11. Nappy

Nappy
    from York, PA

Great to see you in our part of the Country. Big Olds sure has come a long way in the years that you've been bringing it to PA.

12. Scott_Rod

Scott_Rod

Why don't we see any shots of Big Olds lapping the track???? BobK took his car around when he was there, wasta matter Denise?

I'm sure Clark would have been glad to show you "the line" around the track!!! He would have driven if you let him,,,,

13. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

Dirty girl......dirty girl!!!

14. ryno

ryno

whats up with the screams?

sounds better then s..?

15. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

look`s like a blast !

16. oldsman71

oldsman71

looked like fun!!!!

17. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Wow Denise, it a shame you don't know how to have fun.:p

Hearing you laughing on those videos made my day.

Nothing like playing in the dirt to bring a smile to the face.:D

18. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

It doesnt look like anybody got too sideways. Was there a limit to how fast you could go?

19. denise is a screamer:D

20. scarylarry

scarylarry

Yes there is a limit. It is a photo op, not a race. :)

21. kisam

kisam

Denise,
    That looks like so much fun! I should have just sucked it up and paid for the $800 plane ticket. Maybe Vicki would have taken me in the pink Caddy around the track!!!

22. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

:eek:Just be glad you can only SEE the mud. It smells like...well, it smells

23. Pops

Pops
    Member Emeritus
    from Tulsa

Naw, it's not just you. That is one event I just have to attend...

Wow.

J.

24. Brian C

Brian C

Denise it was great meeting you and we look forward to getting together with you again. What amazed me was that every time I saw you there was this HUGE smile on your face. It was fun just watching you have fun!

[​IMG]

Oh yeah and "Big Olds" was WAY to clean................:p

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  25. Brandi

Brandi

Hhahahaha the best is how hard you're laughing. I'm not sure it gets more fun than that!

26. Gorehound

Gorehound
    from Delaware

Denise it was great to meet you and Megan!!!

I think i still have handprints on my butt!:D

27. 29 bones

29 bones
    from so cal

wow to much fun.......

28. Denise,

I watched all three video's and they really put a smile on my face, you were laughing like a little girl. :D

You are the best , thanks for making my day. It looks like you and Megan had a great time.

CBB

29. Burny

Burny

Denise,

That's exactly how I felt driving that little T bucket when I owned her! Cruzr had a go with her as well. I don't think he recognized her.

Gaspumper,

She couldn't have gone to a better Dude. I love getting the updates and seeing how much fun your having. This one put a big smile on my face...

30. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

If you're into "dirty girls", there were lots there last weekend.:D

It'll be 6 years next month since Big Olds and I started visiting PA to see the So-What & Rochester, NY crews. Who would have thought at the time Big oOds would go from black primer and a maroon bench seat, to actually having the body work, paint, top, windows and interior done....not me. Thanks so much for making a gal and her car feel so welcome when she comes to visit.:cool:

Go ahead, bust my "balls, bust my balls". At least I had a CAR.:p

I really need to remember to tape over the microphone on the camera.;)

It's hard to tell in the video but at a couple of points the reason I was screaming is because Gas Pumper did have the tail end swinging around and I thought my side was going into the fence. And yes, he did get a "talking" to from Larry afterwards.:eek::D

Shhhhh, don't tell anyone.:eek:

Over Ken's dead body :rolleyes: :D
    BUT, I do know who to ask to get both you girls very cool rides in roadsters on the track.

"Clean" had nothing to do with it but freshly repainted 1,500 miles ago did.:D

I still haven't washed my hand :eek::D

YOU really need to join us there next year. There is NOTHING like it out on the west coast.

He was telling me the little modified had a long HAMB life but he didn't mention who. Glad to know alittle history on it. Gas Pumper's a GREAT guy, it couldn't be in better hands and boy does that dude know how to drive it and have fun.:cool:

Last edited: May 21, 2009