Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ya know what I mean...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Firetop, May 19, 2009.

1. Firetop

Firetop
    from chicago

Any body else ever catch that wave of good feeling when you've been working on your project for what seems an eternity and then you turn a corner and you know your getting close to the first drive? Its been one thing after another and I know thats what the process is. Thats half the fun.Ive been working on my 51 for almost 2 yrs but recently I really believe Ive turned that magic corner. Youve been there before. Its kinda cool and I know theres a list a mile long after that first run but just the thought she'll move under her own power for more than 50 feet makes me smile. Know what I mean.

2. RAY With

RAY With

Nothing like that first drive and you really know some shit is going to fall off/break ect but you do it any way.Its still worth the effort any way you look at it.

3. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Boy I know what you mean...

4. yblock292

yblock292

there are two great moments in hot rod building, first time you fire up the engine then the first time she moves on her own, especially when its a full build.......

5. Firetop

Firetop
    from chicago

I notice that once you turn that corner in your mind the wrench seems to turn more often to get you to the goal. Im sure something will fall off....but at least I will be able to say it was while I was driving it.

6. Naw I totally don't understand. :rolleyes:

7. Firetop

Firetop
    from chicago

Maybe someday itll happen for ya

8. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

Anybody that's brought one back from the dead or close to it, I'm sure gets that feeling. I guess about the time the front end and doors went on mine it finally got me. It's a good feeling but not as good as that first drive .

9. rainh8r

rainh8r

I used to wire lots of cars for my friends. They would work for years on something and it would still be percieved as a lump in the garage until it powered up for the first time. When the lights came on and the engine turned, their faces would light up brighter than the headlights. Lots of fun.

10. Firetop

Firetop
    from chicago

I do enjoy the aspect of proving to someone that its not just junk but has a soul.

11. Well gee golly gosh I sure hope so. :D

12. Firetop

Firetop
    from chicago

Well gee golly gosh I sure hope so too. :rolleyes: