Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lets see some trick frame work

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by death trap man, May 17, 2009.

1. death trap man

death trap man
    from Atco NJ

I'd like to see some pics of some of your fav frame work. Dosen't have to be a hole frame, could be a simple bracket or a neat steering or suspension set up. Or even just plain good craftsmenship. I know there's alot here so let's see your favs.

2. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

I'm partial to this one...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2009
  3. olskool34

olskool34

this is mine, not sure if it's a great frame mod or not but is is half underslung/half suicide.

[​IMG]

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

looking for ideas for your corvair/ Must II frontend project car?

5. southern iron

southern iron

6. PeeVee

PeeVee

Heres mine fresh paint

Attached Files:

7. woody2

woody2

Here's a few shots of a 51 were working on at the moment.

Attached Files:

8. death trap man

death trap man
    from Atco NJ

Thanks Guys for all the posts, I had no idea this stuff was going to show up! WOW!
    I was diging threw the site yesterday before posting this stuff and was haveing a hard time finding what I was looking for but was seeing some really cool frame mods and excellent craftmanship and got verry side tracked, LMAO. Thought others might like to see some as well. I'm going to see if I can find a few of the ones I saw yesterday and post them too. If anyone has anyothers please post up, Thanks!

Scottybaccus I take it that's yours? Awsome! That looks like cantilever coilovers? I'm going to look for more picks of that, would it be under "My truck - here" at the bottom of your post? Thanks!

Olskool34 thats a neat lookin set right there, but I'm sure your rite, it looks abit on the scarry side. Bet it's low as sh!t.

Jalopy Joker I'm always looking for insperation but not tring to bite off someones shit eather. I am going to ditch the IFS no matter what but I have to get all the stuff together and I don't know how long that will take on my buget rite now. But I think more then any thing the car I have rite now I'm going to just put it together the best I can nothing reall fancy, just straighten it out. The next car on the other hand is a hole diffrent story : ).

Sothern Iron thanks for the pics. Thats a nice tri-4link. Looks super sturdy and condenced and efficent with space. The rear is cool to, I have a friend that builds rock-crawlers and has done stuff similar to that, is that what it's for?

PeeVee That's a nice clean front end I dig the upper shock mounts and the 2 tone paint!

Woody2 - I might have to take you up on the holiday offer, LoL, Thats some bad ass tube work! LS motor and a 6 speed too?! Right no.

9. Hey woody2 very nice work and good choice of parts.

I use to do alot of tube chassies as i was fairly big in the off road race car building ind. I do not do much round tube fab on our kustoms as i think it belongs on race or street rods. I also like to use as much of the orginal frame as i can

This is my personal chassie for my merc woody

Attached Files:

10. This nasty looking step notch was on the back of me 56 f-100 frame.

c notch.jpg

I cut it out and built one that flowed alot better out of flat stock.

new notch.jpg

I like it mucho betteroso!!!

11. 57 shaker

57 shaker
    from phx.az

Man, thats some amazing chit.The welding is sooo sweeeeet.Love to see frame work like these.Thanks for the pics.

12. The_Forgotten

The_Forgotten
    from WNY

That's a great mod! Call me what you like for not knowing, but what is keeping the frame suspended? I can't tell where the axle or spring is mounted to the frame.... :eek: be gentle on me, I'm new. ;)

13. southern iron

southern iron

nah the rear end is for a mini truck(nissan)...

14. death trap man

death trap man
    from Atco NJ

OK I hope Bass dosen't mind me posting this but I am in awh of this mans work! Iam going to post 2 pics and a link to the thread cause I couldn't post them all. All I can say is WOW! I saw some others that I'm still tring to track back down and I'll post them when I find them. I'm fairly new here and it looks like I have alot of digging and reading to do. :D

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=336494

Attached Files:

15. death trap man

death trap man
    from Atco NJ

Attached Files:

16. lowburban

lowburban

Yellow one is mine, other is just a nice one.

Attached Files:

17. death trap man

death trap man
    from Atco NJ

18. hvychvy

hvychvy

The work on the rearend is amazing,looks killer

19. FoxSpeed

FoxSpeed
    from NorCal

has anyone used heim joints (rod ends) for their triangulated 4 bar setup? I've heard it's best to use bushings. If so, why. I have 3/4" heims I want to use. Thanks

20. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

Rod ends are harsh and wear quickly. Bushings take some of the noise and rattle out of your teeth. Your choice.

21. FoxSpeed

FoxSpeed
    from NorCal

OK, makes sense. thanks, Ride quality is suspect at best anyway. I think i will use the rod ends as I have them. I appreciate your imput. Gary

22. vendettaautofab

vendettaautofab
    Member Emeritus

Thanks for the compliment... I truly appreciate it.

I agree, there sure is alot of talent on this board, and equally as much eye candy.

23. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 19, 2009
  24. southern iron

southern iron

thank you

25. You missed the point where Scotty stated that rod ends wear quickly. They work on a race car that sees very few miles and has parts inspected/replaced regularly. They are not well suited for use on a street car; even the lubricated ones can wear quickly and become loose/sloppy.

You're better off sticking with a good ol' tried and true bushing.

26. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

LOL, all true, but I am using rod ends. I plan to use mine on the street a good deal, but have accepted the extra labor and cost I will have to contend with. I did go out of my way to find the best application possible.

QA1 makes a kevlar lined, chromemoly rod end that is super strong and the liner acts as a damper when they are slack, but compresses out of the way to allow the correct metal to metal contact under load. I am adding the seals-it rubber dust washers to keep them clean as a little extra insurance.

27. HOTTRODZZ

HOTTRODZZ

This is my favorite,

Attached Files:

28. HOTTRODZZ

HOTTRODZZ

Part Two,

Attached Files:

29. HOTTRODZZ

HOTTRODZZ

The B&P Indy Roadster,

Attached Files: