Register now to get rid of these ads!

My '09 Jalopy Showdown thanks.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scarylarry, May 17, 2009.

1. 2010 = 700 CARS.................????

I'll come up Friday and help!

2. Thanks go to you, Larry. Without you...it doesn't happen. Great show once again....Don.

3. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

huh, i was camping down in there friday and saturday night and didnt hear a thing. i must be a heavy sleeper.

i DID see that guy with the 6 wheeler thingy though. drove through the stream right past my site. weird, man. weird.

it was awesome though. next year i am not gonna get stuck in the vendor area though. i missed too much of the show...

4. johnnylonghair

johnnylonghair

Dam we had fun...douchebag

5. Thanks Larry & Kim and all of the volunteers, what a great time for all. We all can't thank you enough for all of the hard work you all do. The weather turned out to be perfect. The swapmeet was great, the bands were awesome. Great stories were told and new people were met and of course the runs around the track were great to watch. We will be back next year. Next we are off to York, see you there!! Michelle & Roger

6. myke

myke
    from SoCal

Great show, thanks for putting it together! I am glad I made the trip. Next year I will stay till Sunday and try out that track.

7. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

i thought i had the long distance award until i saw your car there.

then i saw a cool little truck with texas plates...

8. sewanhaka62

sewanhaka62

just want to thank you and all your helpers .. the first time for wife and i
    -- she already marked it down for next year -- best since woodstock for
    me .. thanks again to all

9. 1LIFE2LIVE

1LIFE2LIVE

I had a blast and will be back to help with parking again next year and anything else that needs to be done.

10. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

Larry, thank YOU for allowing Erin & I to be a small part of such a HUGE event. I really want to thank FeO2 for doing the DVD on last year's event. I haven't watched it yet but am excited about seeing what I missed?

Speaking of last year, Larry's opening words are very important to me also. The love, kindness and generosity shown to Erin & I after my dumbass driving exhibition last year made our trip up this year so much more special. The HAMB is an incredible place but it's the people that make it so much more.

"Keep your eyes on the road and your hands upon the wheel..."

11. yeah thanks larry and your crew for a great time its my second year and both times I got to drive on the track that makes it worth the trip.I actually still can't get the shit eating grin off my face. It will probably still be there when we see you in york.
    Also the camping on friday night was way cool,Jbird did a great job on your truck when he wasn't busy hanging with us
    HOT ROD ED

12. thanks again larry..this is a great show.

tok

13. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Need to add my sincere thanks to Larry and the whole gang who work like hell to give us all the greatest event along the East Coast........the swap meet was super, the crowd was mellow, and there weren't really all that many rat rods this year......maybe folks are starting to wake up......

It was great to hang with my PA pals once again, and to meet *Myke* from New Hampshire and spend time with him........great to be able to chat with Megan, Jerry Laboranti, Mark T, MRAK, and nice to meet HRMK2.......so many others...so little time....and so little RAM....(virtual memory) :^)

Already looking forward to next year......Larry, don't ever stop putting on this really special event! It was good to see you and greet a few times......

CB

14. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

Thanks Larry, Kim, Clark, Johnny Longhair, Junior and everyone for making the Showdown great.

This was only our 2nd year and was even more fun than the 1st, the whether was a lot better but even in the rain the Showdown is a blast.

I rode the Rocket this year and laughed the whole time, what a hoot. The guy that drives the tractor that pulls the Rocket was having as much fun as those riding it I do believe.

Besides another Coker tire separting on us on the way up the Caddy ran great the whole 1,160 mile RT.

15. sumo

sumo

Once again Larry and Kim thanks for a wonderful day, great friends, great weather, great cars.

16. Brian C

Brian C

OK add Me and BangerMatt to the long list of thanks. We both had a great time. The whole Jalopy Showdown crew does a great job of dealing with the crowd and the cars.

We're already looking forward to next year!!!!!

17. BIG JOHN 37

BIG JOHN 37
    from central NJ

Sir Lawrence of Seven Valleys (and Kim), it was an honor, privilege, and pleasure to "work" for you again this year, I'm there forevermore. Shoulda listened to you, and stayed, didnt see NJ til 1 a.m. (weather) maybe somday i'll smarten up! no other show anywhere as good as this one, and i am biased!!!
    best to you, and all your other co-workers, participants, and spectators, you're right, its all about the people - JP

18. oldschool king 27

oldschool king 27

thanks alot from the deadbeaters c.c... we all had a blast
    also the video of last year was so awsome, turned out good !!!!!!
    a big thank you

19. 1low52

1low52

Larry don't change anything, just keep puttin on the best sho around.

Thanks to everyone for their hard work so we can all have a great weekend.

20. fww32

fww32

Thank you Larry, I being old fart ,feel very welcome at your show. I know it has to be ton of work but we all enjoy the show.

21. THOMAS S&C

THOMAS S&C

Thanks to you Larry & your crew, you all do a great job!

22. sawzall

sawzall

thanks again larry for making this happen.. I too get stuck in the swap meet and see many machines thanks to the kind folks who photograph them and put them here..

hoping to have a new car for next years show..

till next time..

23. BangerMatt

BangerMatt

The show was amazing. Last time I went was 3 years ago, and it wasn't NEARLY what it is now. Already planning another trek with my father next year, hopefully with 2 cars.

24. BigChief

BigChief

As always this was a very nice, relaxing event for me. I can't express enough how appreciative I am that Larry and the So-What crew and Lynn Paxton and his museum/grounds crew pull off a ton of hard work so that all of us can come there to enjoy ourselves for the weekend rain or shine. Thank you all very much!

For me it IS all about the road trip, the friends who meet us there and the comroderie enjoyed by all. I bought my event shirt, hit the swap meet and hung out with great friends. I didn't even realize that I had not taken the time to walk through the infield full of cars until they were all pulling out after the show. Yes, its not all about the cars.

Larry, thanks again. See you next year for sure and maybe even for the digs this fall.

-Bigchief.

25. scarylarry

scarylarry

Come on down to the Drags and bring that Rambler!

26. Tony

Tony

Poor Larry did have to deal with one asshole racing around the track after most had left, at speed, while he rode in that rocket though...there's always one ( or two for that matter) in the bunch isn't there? hahaha

27. Jalopyrama Mike

Jalopyrama Mike

Great time as always Larry & Kim because of your efforts to make the show the best for everyone. Thanks to all your volunteers too. I know you're all there to make sure we're there to have a great time and all that you do WORKS! So keep up what you're doing and for sure I'll be back (i've made them all) and won't miss it!
    It'll keep goin' and goin' and goin' ...

28. nsh57

nsh57

This was our first year at the showdown, and you guys really have a good thing going there. A HUGE THANKS to Larry and everyone else who was involved and helped with the show. You can bet we'll be back next year... and hopefully bring home a little more of your mud next time!!! Thanks!

29. skidsteer

skidsteer

Thank you. One of my biggest regrets is driving past the entrance to the show in its earliest years when I was on my way to visit friends in D.C, and not stopping by. Now, I go hundreds of miles out of my way to be there.

30. Larry and Kim - Just want to add my thanks to you and the entire crew out there. This is the best event ever, great people, great cars and great times. All of you do such an amazing job and put a smile on everyones face.
    —MRAK