Register now to get rid of these ads!

how many of your jobs are not car related???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chopt55bc, Jan 16, 2009.

1. I have worked for Toyota Motor Sales USA for the last 32 years. As a hobby I rebuild VW engines and V12 Lincoln flat heads engines.

Thanks !
    Frenchy ( Doc Detail )

2. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Rental Equipment Branch Manager

3. junkcad

junkcad
    from nashville

computer tech for a childrens hospital

4. indyjps

indyjps

Engineer for off road equipment, very large equipment, not really auto related but huge engines in huge machines.

5. ChromePlaterJosh

ChromePlaterJosh

Custom Chrome Plater.

It seems to be mostly car related as most of our customers bring car parts to us.

Although we get anything made of metal, from antique lamps, juke boxes, barber chairs, slot machines, pot belly stoves, tractors, boats, gas pumps... There is always something odd/off the wall here, and I like it that way. :)

6. kracker 63

kracker 63

I am a safe kracker and locksmith.....I do not do automotive locks or lock outs. Drilled 2 safes today! :)

7. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

Quit farming in the mid 1980's. Quit trucking in the early 1990's. Went to college and got a degree in computer science. Now I drive for two trucking companies and I am still paying for my degree that I am not using! I still live on the family farm.

Someday I will make a good living building hot rods. :rolleyes:

8. terrysumner

terrysumner

No job right now. Up until last September, was the manager of a small independant auto repair garage in eastern Ct. till I was unceremoneously laid off!:mad:

And you are so right...no jobs out there indeed!

Terry

9. kevinc

kevinc
    from highland

finishing a mechanical engineering degree and i work construction, building grain legs, bins, and handling equiptment, although during the winter i work on the bosses projects, mostly oliver tactors, and this winter a 48 chevy,

10. sponge

sponge
    from Austin tx

i work for a large fruit named computer company making sure people have what they need and others dont take what aint theirs....

11. I drive this..[​IMG]..can you guess what I do...:D

12. PHQ2

PHQ2

Commercial Refrigeration Project Manager...keeps me living indoors

13. yankbuilt

yankbuilt

I move dirt for a living.Just got done doing Dale Jr's new house!!!! I'm so lucky!!!!

14. gotra66

gotra66

Software developer for a firm that handles third party billing for cable and sat tv service.

15. Biometrics Manager for UK Borders Agency.....basically we take fingerprints and facial matches then check details with various data bases......depending on the results it's "have a visa to stay in the UK for a bit longer" or a short trip to the cells and 2 days later your gone!...I'm currently busting around one a week!

16. 31fordV860

31fordV860

So Cal Territory Sales for a large Industrial Valve Company out of Houston, Texas

Business slowed last 6 months customers here have taken there perverbial purchasing foot off the pedal to a near stop....much smaller orders...

17. jalopyshots

jalopyshots

i don't do cars for a job. All the mechanics i know don't want to mess with cars when they get home. I do computers for my job and cars/motorcycles as a hobby.

18. kwoodyh

kwoodyh

US Army Infantry 22 years MP 4 years, neither were real jobs!

19. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Studio Manager in an advertising agency. Got this job 2 years ago. VERY LUCKY. Good luck everyone.

20. rockabilly-medic

rockabilly-medic

Worked on the family dairy until it was sold in 89', 3 yrs of grocery business, 2 yrs of being a bum, 3 yrs of bartending, now almost 12 yrs as a Paramedic.... Love the blood and guts.... not the smelly people tho...

21. Scott76

Scott76

Bridge designer, drafter, inspector.

22. Electrical Contractor

23. Boat mechanic for a target systems development company. We make um run fast and the Navy blows them up.

24. rcoffey

rcoffey

Im a pipe fitter and welder.Usually I work on power plants but this cap &trade has caused a lot of projects to be canceled. so on the bright side Ican finally work on my projects that I have been buying parts for the last six months.Ive got two rv spaces two bbq pits and im 7 miles from the state park&boat ramp .Any one want to do a weekend thrash ?ive got 3 welding machines &2 wire feeders lets chop something.

25. OshkoshRob

OshkoshRob
    from Oshkosh

I supervise the printing of nearly every potato chip bag on the planet. Not very glamorous but at least I'm working....

26. PlyPals

PlyPals

didn't found too many colleagues...
    4 to be exact... 100% Matt, Antique Engine, Bouncer & Mongo51.

(Airport) Fire Fighter

and I have some great trucks to drive with :D

Attached Files:

27. mopedcouple

mopedcouple

Electrician, and also teach at a electrical tech school. Some say I am lucky to be working (being that there are only 5 of us working out of 30), and I am. Yet when times were good no one wanted to do my job. Service calls and working in the farm fields (pumps,wells,etc). I am thankful I still get a 40 hr check, but I also earned it. I have a buddy that's in auto-body (mainly a painter). Things are so slow for him, he is masking cars for just over minim wage.

28. THE BRONSON

THE BRONSON

Graphic Designer but taking welding at community college at night.

29. NiceToy

NiceToy

Marine Officer.

30. Sprout

Sprout

Aircraft Worker