Register now to get rid of these ads!

Next Project???s

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Spot_remover, May 17, 2009.

1. Spot_remover

Spot_remover

I plan on building an "authentic" 40s Ford moonshine car. One of my first speed bumps is finding info on the correct engine. All info says that most of the boys pulled Cadillac ambulance engines, bored and stroked the hell out of them, supercharged em and dropped em in the Ford. I cant find any info on these engines. Can anybody please enlighten me?

2. 37fordtruck

37fordtruck

Checkout todays copy of the Knoxville News (TN). They are running another story on Popcorn Sutton the moonshiner from Newport Tn. It won't help with the car but it will give you some insight to a famous modern moonshiner.

3. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

4. Jax2A

Jax2A

I saw Popcorn Sutton on the history channel last week (on a show about the history of moonshine). Doesn't really add to the thread, just a coincidence. The only thing I can add to help is to watch Thunder Road.

5. billd a flathead for your 40 that is the right motor!!!

6. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I think you'll find that when a 'shiner had anything under the hood but a Ford it was a Cadillac or Olds overhead V8. These were the first overheads that made good HP and torque and were a natural for this application even when used in stock form.

Frank

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  7. Spot_remover

Spot_remover

I may just pussy out and build a high strung 327 and put it in a late 40s early 50s Chevy. Doh!!!