Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs skirts for a 65 f100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ford5t1, May 14, 2009.

1. ford5t1

ford5t1
    from usa

hey
    does anyone has a pic of a slick f100 that has skirts? or does someone know how to make these. want skirts on mine.thanks

2. greasemonkey060

greasemonkey060

3. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

...to each his own, I suppose... but please don't do it!

4. I happen to have a picture of one with skirts on it. As far as I know, this truck was at a car show up in Canada. If I recall correctly, this is the only '60s F-100 fleetside with skirts I've ever seen.

It's pretty rare to put skirts on a 60's F-100 that isn't a stepside. If yours is a stepside, you can get skirts from a few aftermarket dealers. The rear fenders on stepside Fords were the same from about '53-'72.

As far as skirts for s 60's Ford fleetside, I've never seen a set for them. If you ever see one with skirts, they may be a rare factory option set, or they were handmade. I'm one of the weirdos that like skirts on pickups, but alot of people don't like the look.

I say to try and make a set. Make a cardboard template. After that, get a curved metal panel maybe from a roof section of a car and keep cutting it until you have a good fit. Weld some brackets on the back and you will have a set of skirts that few have ever had. Good luck! E

Attached Files:

5. chaddilac

chaddilac

That actually looks better than I had pictured!!! still not so good though!

6. Rooney00

Rooney00

Being a long bed makes it work. Yeah right.

7. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Um......just say no!

8. 4rod

4rod

I'd say make your own if your up for it, But I'd suggest you leave it be...its a truck give it some dignity

9. koolkemp

koolkemp

Haha thats one of my buddies from Ottawa!! I believe the skirts were orig for a mid 50's mopar, but they are definately not originally for the truck! I sold him the chevy half ton that he used to build that, it sits on the complete 84 chassis, heavilly channeled. I am just makin a new set for the wifes 64 pontiac...not too hard, kinda time consuming but in a fun kind of way :D

10. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

11. ford5t1

ford5t1
    from usa

well that's why i request for pic's. did not know how they would look but seeing the pic i would say it is not as ugly as i thought it would be.
    had them on my '59 nomad and was nice but then again on a slammed f100.....i think not.

thanks

12. Gahrajmahal

Gahrajmahal

Now if you had skirts front and rear... then you'd have something!

13. brewsir

brewsir

looks fine to me...as long as it's a custom and not just another truck....gotta be slammmed too!

14. This is a joke......right????You know,if you are blind,they won't let you drive..

15. bigern007

bigern007

Skirts on a truck.............Bad idea

16. Glass_Packs

Glass_Packs

Personally, I like it. But the only way fender skirts will work is with a long, low long box like the one pictured above. Does anyone remember seeing the ads back in the '90's in some hot rod magazines for newer truck fender skirts? Sadly I've seen some newer Dodge and Chevrolet pickups sporting these! Definately not a good look or idea in that matter, but I guess to each his own.

Thanks!
    Tom - Glass_Packs

17. koolkemp

koolkemp

Its even funier when they put them on 4x4's !! I think the skirts on the longbox Ford look gret as long as it is lowered enough.

18. ford5t1

ford5t1
    from usa

well if all goes to plan i will soon buy a '65 f100 slammed almost framelaying and was thinking of skirts but im in doubt.
    wel first things first and try to get her here and when that happens then i will try with cardboard templets if it looks slick or not..

will keep you posted
    thanks

19. "Whitey Ford" 62 Uni

"Whitey Ford" 62 Uni
    from Tampa, FL

Do it because everyone is saying no. They are skirts so try it and if YOU dont like it then take them off but hell why not. Just dont paint it flat black.....

20. I think it looks good on these years of Fords, due to the long, low rear wheel wells. Fuck it, do it, it looks badass.

21. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

I like the idea long or short bed

22. ford5t1

ford5t1
    from usa

longbed cnotched end fourlink bagged on all fours just straight up and down nothing fancy, were negotiating right now and i will know in a couple off days if i get it or not

thanks

23. greaser57

greaser57
    from minnesota

I like skirts................Rich

24. manyolcars

manyolcars

There was a red and white Ford here with skirts and a license plate that said, "Yes, Dear"

25. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

I actually like it! It looks better than i would have thought and i may have to do the same to the 65 i am about to get!It will also be on bags and four linked so it will set super low and the skirts will look good on it parked but rolling they will come off!

26. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

Does anyone have more pics

27. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

Yea I remember seeing several mid 80's chevys w/skirts back in the 80's/early 90's, and seen a 70's chevy w/skirts just the other day, old black guy driving. God awfull!!!!!! Just wrong.... the skirts, not the black guy.

But the 60's ford wasn't that bad, been better on a short bed, and has to be layed out.

Last edited: May 25, 2009
  28. At the risk of the HAMB police coming down on me, here's a picture of my old bagged '79 Chevy. I know it is too new for the HAMB, but it had skirts on it so I thought I'd post it to show what they look like on a newer Chevy. I was working with what I could afford and had the skills and workspace to pull off. It was definitely different.

It has been said a few times on here and I agree. If you put skirts on a truck, it has to be low, and unless it's a 50s truck or earlier, it should be a long bed. E

Attached Files:

29. koolkemp

koolkemp

I would drive it! Great truck to learn some skills on while driving it.

30. ford5t1

ford5t1
    from usa

here's my new find...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

it's a '65 slick big six inline
    bagged on all fours cnotched and four link
    how's that for skirts...

see ya