Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Thaw-Out

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevy3755, May 9, 2009.

1. gavonovich

gavonovich

the area is incredible. the track is awesome. the turn out could have been better, but whose fault is that? my dad and i drove 3 hours to get there and look forward to doin it again next year. get off your asses and get to this show next year! no excuses.

2. Degreaser

Degreaser

Amen brother.

3. oldsrocket

oldsrocket

Nail on the head! If we had keys to everybody's ride that should have showed up, it would be a different story. It's up to the attendees to make up the attendance. It's time that we break the mold of fair weather hot rodders. If you ain't out doing with your car what you built it for what's the point? A little bit a rain scare you?.....the rain has the same effect as when you sit in your driveway washing it every weekend. Your car won't melt. Little wind scare you?.....how different is it than pushing your car through the air at 60mph on your normal cruises? I doubt that any of those on this board ever said to themselves while building their car, "ya know.... I'm gonna build this car so it is awesome at sitting in my garage". Com'on.....

Hopefully, fellas will see the perspective and try like all hell to get to Hell on Wheels in September.

Also don't forget National Trail Raceway's 45th anniversary show on May 30.

4. hoehndayton

hoehndayton
    from dayton oh.

what a blast! next year will be even better. only ran into one dickhead the whole weekend, and out of 200 to 300 people that aint bad!:D

5. Degreaser

Degreaser

Theres always one. :cool:

6. Was it me or Nico?:D

7. roaddevil

roaddevil

Dude he was talking about you j/k

8. rebstew187

rebstew187

I just now seen this thread. Some of our club came up out of Kentucky for this run. Driving the ol' ladies blue 57 wagon up was it's first ? long haul. After getting into Ohio the hood blew open. No biggie, out came the bungie cords and away we went. With a low geared rearend we wasn't speeding. Good thing! Half way there at 55 MPH the back wheel comes loose and we spend an hour beating, grinding and cussing to get the new studs into the axle. Getting the wheel back on I see the U joints are shot! Who cares, away we went. We pulled in late. Checked out the cars and bench racing turned into a grudge match between me and another member. I had no intentions of running the 57 and with the U joints I figured they would be pushing me off the track. We blasted them off the best that the old tug boats would go and it had me giggling like a little school girl as we went down the track.
    Was I disappointed in the turnout? YES I WAS. But not for the same reason you may have been . Even with the early clouds, wind ,the friggin' car falling apart and the long drive I had a blast and it was worth every bit of it. I'm finding out more and more that there are very few true hot rodding gearheads left. The ones that are not afraid to drive their junk, have fun and be around other gearheads. I don't care if there was 50 or 500. The ones that were there had fun. If you didn't maybe you should have stayed at home at watch the Barret Auction.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2009
  9. rebstew187

rebstew187

10. rebstew187

rebstew187

From all of the Scroungers CC thanks Road Devils CC for having the balls to put on the track run. We will see you at the Hell on Wheel run later this year!! Hopefully we will have a few more true hot rodders show up! There is a rematch already between VP Vickers and myself.:D
    [​IMG]

11. chris55

chris55

But thats what the 55 is best at, that and its good for sitting in and making vroom vroom sounds !...:D Sorry I missed this one, looks like it was a blast. Really really want to have the car done by Hell On Wheels, guess I should get off the computer, and get in the shop. Thanks to all who posted pictures.

12. Degreaser

Degreaser

Yep. Its not that difficult. Really........

1. Insert key into ignition and start car
    2. Put into drive and press the tall pedal
    3. Arrive at event
    4. Have a blast
    :D