Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration >>>>>friday art show 05/15/09<<<<<

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GaryC., May 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaryC.

GaryC.

Getting flamed.
    I haven't done a flamed rod for a while so here's a
    mid 30's to early 40's coupe. The hood would have tinted
    Plexiglass inserts. Here's one way of making a Hotter Rod.

Attached Files:

2. gr8ness13

gr8ness13
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Gary C. thats awesome is it Friday already.. cant wait to see what else gets posted..

3. Nail Head under glass; very cool cat Gary.

I like your new Avatar too.

4. GaryC.

GaryC.

Thanks guys.

5. Church

Church
    from South Bay

Got this back from the printer. Darker metalic silver and bright orange. Not on my site yet. I'll post some for sale in the classifieds.

Attached Files:

6. Okay artists, it's time for me to start rounding up some support and contributions for the silent auction that is held each August at MoKan during the HAMB DRAGS. I took over the auction last year for Stan292, and I am hoping to have more artists contribute this year. So, either myself or Stan will be getting in contact with some of you. Also, please keep your eyes open for threads that I will be posting regarding the auction in coming weeks. Feel free to PM me as well. Now, back to the show. Thanks, Bill O.

7. Zumo

Zumo

I haven't posted in a while. Here is a chop of a 66 Nova.
    [​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

That is all, carry on.

8. Clysdale

Clysdale
    from Vista, CA

A touch OT but here is a new one I just finished on an antique mirror I found at the thrift store. 1Shot on glass 5"x15"

[​IMG]

9. CraigR

CraigR
    from California

Wow - Tuff act to follow!
    Great stuff Clysdale, Zumo, Roadapple & Gary!
    Here's my first attempt at one shot work on a customer's car - Ken Sanders (31fordv860 here on the HAMB) had a Model A finished up at LimeWorks. Ken's Uncle and the original builder of the car flew together in the Pacific in WWII. I was stoked to be asked to paint the the Squadron Mascot on the dash rail, flag on the tank, and 'Screw Tyranny' on an old Military Helmet!
    Cheers Ken!
    CraigR

Attached Files:

10. Here's a gang of bowling pins I did for an art gallery show last week
    [​IMG]
    And an old metal cooler I did for my friend as thanks for getting me hooked up with the art gallery show...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. gr8ness13

gr8ness13
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

clysdale do you sell that stuff its awesome i really dig that!!

12. so.ill.

so.ill.

Thats killer! you want to sell it?

13. gr8ness13

gr8ness13
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

its for sale on his site..www.davidlozeau.com

14. [​IMG]

Carved in wax, to be cast in Fine Silver.
    Will have it polished in a couple weeks.

15. so.ill.

so.ill.

a simple piece i did for a paramedic buddy of mine. Made to match a personalozed clock, his wife got him. He's got it hanging behind his bar.

[​IMG]

16. Clysdale

Clysdale
    from Vista, CA

Great show already....and Craigr, I LOVE that tranny helmet, I've been looking for those kind of helmets forever, nice work!

Thanks for the props also guys! Like gr8ness13 posted, that little guy is for sale on my site....I don't want to spam the thread so shoot me a pm if you guys have any questions but thanks again for the support!!!

Now Back to the ART...

17. Lunchboxlbc

Lunchboxlbc

Hey All, You are huge inspirations to me. I am very humbled by the talent here. I have wanted to post for a while, but I haven't had anything I would consider HAMB friendly. I think I am onto something here though. These are 3 pieces I did for a for a restaurant called Cadillac Ranch. So they are Texas/Caddy themed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. so.ill.

so.ill.

playin around with my new iwata airbrush, figured i would ruin a new hoodie. :eek:

[​IMG]

19. NOTHING BUT QUICKIES FROM ME...

Drag faces...

The sketch:

[​IMG]

Color A:

[​IMG]

Color B:

[​IMG]

20. GaryC.

GaryC.

Custom Truck!

Attached Files:

21. r0cker

r0cker

Here is an image from a photoshoot I recently art directed. If you like it, you can see a few more from the shoot and read a little bit about what inspired it at www.blitzedmag.com.

Cheers.

[​IMG]

22. so.ill.

so.ill.

6'x8' backlight pole sign i did in the dead of Illinois winter. Coldest ive ever been. Logo design by me as well.

[​IMG]

23. Toyghoul

Toyghoul
    from SPOKANE

24. daddyo54

daddyo54
    Member Emeritus
    from Denison Tx

Some stuff for the guys from PUSHROD that I painted last week. Crappy cell phone pics as usual! HAHA

One shot on Gretsch guitar

[​IMG]

"Roadster in the wind on the mother road" One shot monster on cheepo RT66 sign. Painted while hanging out at PUSHROD world headquarters.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  25. Lil' Toot

Lil' Toot
    from Tulsa, OK

Well, while I religously view this thread week after week and soak in the incredible art, I've never shared any of my stuff. So, I guess I'll show you some of the stuff I've been up to over the last few weeks.

First up is a project I did through Hot Rod Garage in Sand Springs, OK. Some of you might remember the '60's drag style '32 roadster that they recently built and competed for the AMBR at Pomono with (and the cover car in a recent Rod and Custom) Well, they also built a little more high tech style 56 convertible for the same customer (it also debuted at Pomona). The customer came up with a aluminum chair and wanted a painting of the roadster on one side and the 56 on the other side. Since the chair wasn't going to be cleared, I chose to do the whole thing in 1-shot. Every thing is brush painted, no airbrushing, with the exception of the shadows under the cars (which I then brush applied a clear over, so the airbrushing would be as glossy as the other work).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Engine detail. This took awhile :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

56 on the back
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next up, same customer comes up with a boogie board and has this idea of painting the Creature from the Black Lagoon with a blown flathead on his back (the engine inspired by the engine in the roadster, I have no idea where the creature idea came from!) After getting my head wrapped around the concept, I thought it'd be fun to parody an actual movie poster. All done in urethanes, 98% free hand airbrush, and I'll admit, I cheated and layed out all the lettering on the computer and used the plotter to cut masks. These were taken prior to being clear coated.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

By the way, my buddy Ron Myers painted the other side of the board. Striping and a killer rat fink riding a surf board. Sorry, I don't have pics.

If you not tired of me yet, heres a pinup I did on top of a motorcycle tank. Urethanes, hand painted and airbrushed. Pics taken before clearing (most of work ends up in somebody elses hands for clearing, so I rarely get pics after clear unless I do the clear work, or happen to run across the work later at a show)
    [​IMG]

Finally, a little striping. A little old school on a tail draggin bike fender:
    [​IMG]

And a little striping on a Harley Drag bike (that's why the fenders flat).
    [​IMG]

26. zombiehut

zombiehut
    from calgary

GaryC, stellar work as always.

road apple , love the new shirts.

Zumo, a good friend has one of the cars, now I have to convice her to build it like your rendering.

Clysdale, awesome.

so.ill, toyghoul, daddyo54, lil'toot, don-vee, craig r, your all 1-shot masters.

Jigger , dig the sketches.

Anyone else I missed , sorry.

Heres a swap meet door I painted. A friend is having a fundraiser for breast cancer so its a surprise for her silent auction.
    [​IMG]

27. Fabulous Friday! I have been working a lot lately, so i don´t have much to show this time...

[​IMG] Once again, 57-58 Plym. Just a draft...

[​IMG] Just for fun "doodle"...

[​IMG] Another bot to the BugBot family...

[​IMG] A poster for my brother...

[​IMG] Not a real poster, just for fun...a biproduct of "Super Duper Fest"...

28. Neo Dutch

Neo Dutch
    from OZ

Scratchie Sporty Stuff

[​IMG]

29. zombiehut

zombiehut
    from calgary

Cool article.

30. Pitbullgoingpostal

Pitbullgoingpostal

Neo Dutch,

Love the additional holes in the Sporty rear pulley. Perfect touch. Nice engraving also...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.