Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures HD Video Test: Part 2

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, May 14, 2009.

1. That is pretty cool.
    I love how the frames per second messes with rims and the fan.
    See how the blades start to look curved as the engine speed picks up?

2. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

MUCH better than the first go. Gary

3. Bullington

Bullington
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

A magneto will screw with the camera. First hand experience in that department.

4. studeboy

studeboy

DAMN COOL!!!! Amazing that little cam is taking such nice shots. Load time was not to bad either. Thanks Ryan.

5. I've heard people talk in passing about about the cam profile in your flattie...

Now I understand why, I had never heard it before...I wish I could have that as my ring tone...awesome

Todd

6. Glen

Glen

How did you mount it? I have been looking at the Go Pro line, but I dont think it is HD?

7. That was like a ride along, enjoyed it, too bad we didn't get to go into ASS with you? ;)
    Thanks 4 The Lift,

8. Idea of cost for those things? We need a camera to catch some of LilTs shenanigans before he is all grown up!

9. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

It actually sounds totally different in person. The sound on this camera is pretty bad... That's the only short coming so far... And there is no mic in.

I modified one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/Panavise-809-...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1242352390&sr=8-1

About $200. WalMart.

10. jonnycola

jonnycola

Thats awesome.

Your flathead sounds fucking amazing...

11. BLAKE

BLAKE

12. Zumo

Zumo

I full screened it as well and felt like I was riding shotgun.

13. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

I see Mark is back at work..call me fool!!

They're great if you like to wait two weeks to have a mediocre mechanic look at your stuff. I hear that Southwest CycleSport is the only place to go, they have the best mechanic in town... :D

14. gr8ness13

gr8ness13
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great vid from such a small camera .... technology is getting crazy...

15. Yeah but I hear he is always surfing the HAMB and cant be bothered?!:p

16. BELLM

BELLM

Enjoyed the ride!!

17. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Whaaaa???!!! I never heard that....that must be someone else..:rolleyes:

18. Since Ryan wont answer our tech Q's on the camera I will fully take this thing out in left field. Building up my 93 Slingshot with all the vintage Chi Chi stuff for our festival next week. Purple IRD Microswitchbacks, DX cranks we modeled and machined out for less weight and more strength, WTB hubs etc........may even wear my old Etto lid.

So, Ryan, back to that camera?;)

19. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Good lord. Dont forget purple Onza bar ends and HO brakes..

Back to the HD camera...

20. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Don't forget your stretchy shorts

PS: cool vid Ryan, very clear sight & sound.

21. IRD's no Onza and bar ends suck, I do have a Softride stem on it tho. OG it had an American stem off of the very first factory hotrod bike, an 89 trek 8900 with that and Grafton Brakes and Cook Cranks...............sweet goodness.

22. baggies anymore, hell havent shaved the old legs in a couple years........that will kill Rashy and Root, they LOVE my gams. :eek:

23. Mad~Max

Mad~Max

24. Thanks Max, still cant tell if it will work with my old Mac 10.3.9 system..........really need a new machine!

25. Mad~Max

Mad~Max

Not sure if it has the driver you need...

I've been using a Sony HD camera the last couple of years. It's very bulky and sort of like holding on to a coffee-mug all day, but the one feature I love is the stabalization system. I use it hand-held, and if I shut stabalization off, I get dizzy when I watch what I recorded.

So it looks like Ryan's mount is doing a fantastic job.

A couple of other notes:

I tried using Youtube and Google Video with HD, and both of those really destroy your video, as the quality is so low. I'll have to try out the Vimeo Plus, as I hate burning DVD's, and people could just use their web browser to watch. It's not like my video's are competing with hollywood DVD's :p and producing a DVD is about as much fun as waxing the car...

26. 1LOWCHIEF

1LOWCHIEF

Wow Ryan, very nice quality HD. It's not quite hulu.com 480dp quality, but it;s far superior to most vids "out there". As soon as I hit play I hit the full-screen, and it streamed VERY fast, easily 3 times faster than it was playing, and it looked awesome at my 1440x900 resolution.

Also, I don't know how you don't scream "yeee fucking HAW" as you drive that monster of a flathead up and down the street... Seriously... I couldn't imagine the shit-eating grin I'd be wearing while driving something like that.

27. Hey was that Chuy's mexican restuarant you passed? Right after that Shady Groves should be close?

28. eric

eric

RAD!!!
    i did the same thing for my drive in my Ranchero to the Roundup!
    i bought a cheapo mini tripod for 5 bucks and kept my camera on my dash all the way up to and around town in Austin!
    :cool:

But i'm poor so mine wasn't in HD

29. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Cool ride in the Model A.......and watch out you will get sucked in with that crazy "Flip" camera.......It is the simplest camera to use and you just "flip" it out and download it to your hardrive.......I sound like an infomercial........and the price for HD/pocket video camera is the best.

Chris

Oh yea, nice boxes in the background of your camera shot.......Testing them?

30. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

Thanks very much for that video. My first ride in an A-V8!