Register now to get rid of these ads!

is she worth anything?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by truckncoupe, May 14, 2009.

1. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

Have a chance to buy a 37 plymouth 4 dr sedan... I know, I know,,,4 dr... sorry guys I just love old cars....Any idea what she's worth, says it will run, has a 53 6cylinder in her..
    [​IMG]

2. OshkoshRob

OshkoshRob
    from Oshkosh

Thats cool, they are all worth saving to someone....whats it worth to you?

3. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

500 if it was me.

4. Wow. She appears to be complete and straight. Looks like a great start for whatever you want to do.

5. snowmann

snowmann
    from Sabin MN

I like it ,sucide doors cool, make a low offer if its not advertised and id no one else is looking

6. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

Don't know what I want to do... I have this disease of seeing things already done...It would be a cool and possible fairly cheap cruiser?

7. Looks pretty straight and solid. If you're looking for an investment to make money on, I'd say pass on it, but if you want a neat fun-to-drive old car that can haul the whole family and that you can build without breaking the bank, this car would be hard to beat. Do the essential stuff to get it running, safe, and reliable, then deal with cosmetic stuff as you have time and money. Drive the thing and enjoy it while you work on it.

8. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

$500 good complete looking car,,well worth keeping alive

9. jville_hot_skater

jville_hot_skater
    from jville

if its running, then its worth lil more...depends how bad the rust and cancer is.
    i wouldnt pay more then a grand on it .

10. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

you'll be alright if ya don't need rear wheel cylinders.1937 plymouth rears are bastards.hard to find.you'll be better off swapping rearends.

11. agentwaldo

agentwaldo
    from Ventura

it might be a cool cruiser just lowered and some decent wheels and tires. drive it like that for awhile, see if you want to keep it and get into hot rodding it some[ like an early hemi] might hop it up and look kinda nice inthere too. if you can get for a decent price you mlght be able to have some fun. good luck. waldo

12. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

I agree, not wanting to turn it if I buy, just a cool different ride...I'm on high center for price... I think it can be bought but probably a little for a little bit more than the few comments I've received so far!:confused:

13. RoadkillCustoms

RoadkillCustoms
    from Mesa, AZ

Looks straight and complete -- the grill appears to be in decent shape. if you can drive it home at under $1000 you'd be in good shape.

14. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

she's purdy. snatch her up. if you could get it for $500, it would be a fantastic deal. i can picture seeing that on craigslist around here for three times that.

15. so.ill.

so.ill.

My insurance agent has a really nice 39 plymouth four door painted a nice almond white and spider caps with rings very sharp car. I would go for it.

16. It's really a nice looking car. It has some really good lines and styling. I agree that it looks like it wouldn't take much to make a nice cruiser out of her.

17. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

Guys thanks for all the input....I don't need a project but gosh how many are this solid for a toy to drive...original? Have not looked inside yet at floors and trunk , still has mohair interior...I'm thinking from the body its probably a pretty solid car but it is a 4 door?:D

18. so.ill.

so.ill.

Hey ther it nothing wrong with a four door! More room for the ladies.LOL

19. rick finch

rick finch

I say grab it!.......They can be cool cruisers, drop it bit, do a little magic to the flat 6, and you're good to go.:cool:

20. 52style

52style

when it has suicide doors 4 doors are bad ass id buy it !!!!

id say $1000 and im ussaly a real cheap ass when it comes to cars but that things cool as hell

21. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

Totally agree with that... and not slamming 4 doors just alot of car on the inside... I like them all!:D

22. dentprone

dentprone

I would love to find something like that around here.....I can't fathom how much that would cost in FL.

23. Scoop it up for $1200 or less! Get it running and safe to drive, and cruise the wheels off of it!

Rudy

24. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

I'm liking the responses , keep um coming! I'm swaying on the fence guys!:D

25. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Pretty cool! If you can get it cheap and have enough left to do what you wan to it, get it!

26. Rick Sis

Rick Sis
    from Tulsa OK

It sounds like budget is a primary concern. If so, I think I would move on. It's a great start on a project that could be a really fine car, but I sure don't see it being done on the cheap.

27. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

Not really on a budget here... just wanted to pick up a cheap project for a cruiser...I agree with you on not cheap...but then I also think , hell you can't buy anything for under a grand anymore?:cool:

28. you might be surprised what the price ends up being. I would think that car is worth more than $500, or $1200. But I dont know all the details.
    If it is really solid, its worth more than people are saying.

If you are buying to keep it, you pay a little more, if you are tring to flip it, pay as little as possible.

I looked at a Hudson pickup a guy had, it was pretty rough, and the body had been modified. But it is complete, minus the mods..

I asked briefly about it, as I was there for something else. He said something about cutting it up for scrap.
    Today I ask him how much (figuring he was going to scrap it) and he said 2K.

Go figure. Unless Hudson trucks in any form are worth that, I passed.

What got him from scrap ($200) to $2000 is a mystery.