Register now to get rid of these ads!

how do i get rid of 1000 tires?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by unclescooby, May 14, 2009.

1. I'd forgotten that... another junkyard I went to the guy must have spent three years just cutting tires apart so they could be disposed of.

2. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Rent big bull dozer and bury them. Pack it down real good. Or go into a tire swing buisness .Or start cutting them up and Trash bagging. Good luck

3. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

I`d take them to the Springfield tire fire

[​IMG]

they would make good raised garden planters cause they hold water ? maybe call one of the cool hippy? garden supply places and see if they would want them

4. I got real Lucky with an old rental property. I went to my County road department and asked what they did with the ones they pick up along the road. I ended up with the #1 in command and they actually brought a Dump Box over and let me put them all in and hauled them off for Free. I guess they decided it was easier than getting them one at a time all around town. Try it, can't hurt nothing by asking.
    The Wizzard

5. boldventure

boldventure

http://www.in.gov/idem/files/wt_processors_and_storage.pdf

A list for your area at least there are some phone #'s.

iRegion 6 : All of the states in Region 6 are actively pursuing new and better solutions to mounting scrap tire management problems. Texas and New Mexico are aggressively working on ways to successfully address the illegal dumping of tires on the U.S/Mexico border. Many states in Region 6 have also enacted financial incentive programs for the recycling of tires and even riverbank stabilization using old tires......****(Snagged this from a website, Indy is in region 6)***

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  6. cadillac dave

cadillac dave

county dumps also use tires in their liner set ups. i got rid of 5,000 tires 2 years ago. went to a shreader who sold to dump. ended up costing 35 cents per tire including contracting excavater and "walking floor "trash tractor trailers. my father never got rid of the junk tires since 1948. I am only allowed 1000 tires as a new york state licensed dismantler. so had to do something or get fined. believe me if you dispose of incorrectly, bend over and kiss your ass goodbye...at least thats the way it is in new york state. contact your county dump and tell them you are helping an elderly lady clean up her property. " don't mention 1,000 tires " maybe have a local car club help. each person take in so many tires. when approched as a "green" thing...you might get some cooperation. good luck, be safe and do the right thing...cadillac dave

7. give the local kids a quarter a piece to get rid of them ..

1000 tree swings

lay them out and spell H.A.M.B. , light on fire at night ,, get pics!

8. SWIGJ

SWIGJ
    from JASPER GA

In Georgia you can put up to five per car that goes to the crusher .

9. hahahahahaha thats funny!! or you can make 1000 tire swings, make sandals out of them, or sell them to rat rodders im sure they will buy em:eek:

10. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

Haha - I was wondering the same thing. . .

11. ems customer service

ems customer service

sell them as soveniors a "tribute to the american tire industry" after obama american industry will only be a memory

12. username

username

Find someone with 1000 rims without tires.

Or

Find someone out there who has 500 pair of huarache sandals with worn out soles.

13. kjohnson

kjohnson

I can't agree more

14. Paul

Paul
    Editor

thank you for the voice of sanity

15. ardunpinto

ardunpinto
    from WACO tx

I accidentally leave 2-3 at the racetrack every now and then.

16. HONESTHERMAN

HONESTHERMAN

Contact an Asphalt Recycle plant. I think they may take them and grind them up into the mix? We did that once. They put them in a huge chopper. But.... NO steel belts....

17. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Call Obama's staff. Seriously. He needs the press right now. Imagine if he actually did something that looked green! Don't call Gore...

18. rainh8r

rainh8r

Our Dept. of Ecology will take large tire piles free to ensure that they don't breed insects or get dumped illegally. I've seen them take yards with over 30K in them for nothing! If you have a state department for environmental quality you may ask them if they have a program available.

19. racer756

racer756

This was outside Westley Ca. These tires burned for months before they went out.

20. THREE ROOMS DEEP

THREE ROOMS DEEP

Get a wood chipper and shove em through and grind them all up, get a 40 yard dumpster and fill it! Rental if chipper for the day 150.00 5 gallons gas 12.50, 40 yard dumpster from the carting company 500.00 and the smile on your face once the last tire goes into the chipper....priceless

21. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Grooms Tire Recycling
    (317) 238-0388
    1315 Drover St
    Indianapolis, IN 46221

You could always take a trailer loaded up with about 100 tires and drop them off at the Discount Tire parking lot after hours. 10 trips maybe once a week. Hell the ol lady tossed em through the window!

[​IMG]

22. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

23. brewsir

brewsir

I like this idea...once they are ground up they are no longer tires and can be dumped at the landfill...I think out here a tire has to be cut into 8 pieces before it is considered not a tire anymore.

24. budd

budd

Attached Files:

25. Billybobdad

Billybobdad

I work in Calif for one of the largest asphalt producers/contractors in the country. On the majority of our projects we use rubberized asphalt for our final cap. The rubber (ground up tires) is melted down for it's oil content as much as 15% of the mix. If the state of Kansas is using rubberized asphalt there surely must be a recyler somewhere in the state. You may do some research and find out if this is the case in Kansas. Maybe somebody can take them directly to a recycler and save the fee as the fee is normally to cover the cost of storing and hauling to the recycler.

26. So whatever became of this since May 15th?

27. good luck! here in wa. they are on your ass as they become mosquito breeding grounds when you add water and we have plenty.

28. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

Throw them in 1000 different dumpsters.

29. 55courier

55courier
    BANNED

I work for the Missouri dept of corrections. They have a prison here in Jefferson City area that has a tire shredding program. I think they burn the shredded tires parts in a power plant somewhere. Maybe thier is a program like that near you..