Register now to get rid of these ads!

When is it ok to trailer your hot rod

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by paintcan54, May 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

Put the t-bucket on the trailer, you then ride sitting in the t-bucket, have the wife drive you there. You then can have the best of both worlds, a happy wife and you can say to your buddies that you drove/rode all the way to the reunion.

2. rick finch

rick finch

Bishop, maybe you are not so bad, but your choice of language is not too cool! He didn't ask for that.

3. BISHOP

BISHOP

Im sorry. Trailer it.

Ive been drinking beer, and didnt mean to sound so harsh. Im going back to the shop, where the beer is. Yall be good.

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  4. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

I'm all about driving my Hot Rods, but I don't have a 4-door dually and a trailer for no reason. If it's a long trip and I don't want to be miserable... Trailer it. Unload it at the motel, enjoy the trip with your wife. When Momma's not happy, nobody's happy.

Kevin

5. ltex old iron

ltex old iron
    BANNED

its yours do what you want with it...hot rods are meant to be driven but if you drive it often then your doing what its for...do whatever you please with it id say...its always fun to say you drove it there though and not be lying...

6. wingedexpress

wingedexpress

It would be better to trailer and be part of the show then to sit at home because of what other people think.

7. haulAss or GTFO

haulAss or GTFO

if it were me i would just leave her at home

but do what ya want man

8. Abomb

Abomb

When my wife didn't want to ride to Sturgis she followed me in the car, it was handy, I didn't have to pack everything on the bike, and she got some good laughs during the fricken down pours. If you want to drive your car, have your wife tow a trailer(just in case), you drive the bucket. If you don't care either way, trailer your car and keep her happy.

9. 32 Barn Car

32 Barn Car
    from Oregon

The best answer yet...........

10. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

I trailer when I am going over 100 miles. I am married and have two small kids 7-8. I just dont like the idea of something happening out in the middle of nowhere with her and the kids. Especially if we are going to a show alone without any one else to help out if something should go bad.

The only time I dont is when I go alone. If I should break it. The truck and trailer are just a phone call away.

Trailer it if you need to. You dont need anyones permission. Plus the wife will be much happier and your weekend will be that much more enjoyable.

11. rusty48

rusty48

I started to say something ugly,but I decided against it.

12. Fordguy78

Fordguy78

IMO, It's okay to trailer your car because your wife wants to go. I least she wants to be in on what you do with your car. Mine car only goes on the trailer if I break something that I can't fix on the side of the road.:D

13. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I will trailer my Hot Rods anywhere I want and I will never fucking ask anyone if it is right or wrong. I have one surviver Hot Rod and if anyone thinks I am going to ruin it on these fucked up roads......think again.

14. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

When you first bring the project home, and when you fubar it to the point you cant fix it on the road. Anything past that, it becomes art and not a car,,,,, so put it above your couch on the wall.

15. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

I trailer mine when I go racing further than a AAA tow away.

16. Dirty2

Dirty2

When the rods are knocking ! Or if its going to rain ! Or when ever you want to .....

Attached Files:

17. wkends

wkends
    from Kentucky

Hey its your car. Put that sucker on a trailer if you want too! Its a lot better when the wifes happy.

18. who cares what others think,they can kiss your ass! If you can afford a nice car and you can also afford a truck and trailer do what is right for you.....sometimes its the fun about gettin there,sometimes times not and other events in your life dont allow that so do what works and the other guy can kiss your ass if they dont like it or are jealous......JMO

19. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

HEY! This is AMERICA. Paint your trailer pink and glue whoopie cushions on it if you want to!

20. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  21. Not sure why you need to ask, but when you do you get all kinds of opinions. So here's mine. It depends on the car, first. Then considerations of safety, comfort, weather, etc. come into play. But I was going to suggest (which someone already did) that she follow you with a trailer and then you can drive when you want, and when you don't load it up! That way you have someone to save your ass if you break down and also carry all your shit.

22. i had one once but it was a manly "mauve"! never really considered whoopie cushions but it is an idea!!:D

23. Slapnuts1975

Slapnuts1975
    from Tennessee

Trailers are for show pieces, mines a piece of something else, so I drive it. Alot of guys have bad backs or half the mortgage in chrome and paint, they can trailer it wherever they damn well please. I hate the trailer queen label that some people brand any car on a trailer. You don't know the whole story behind it so shut the F' up. If you have enough money to drive a 100,000 dollar car around everywhere, good for you, and pass me a job application. LOL

24. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

I second that slap!

25. Weasel

Weasel

Thanks for enlightening the traditionally challenged about what is a hot rod and what is a street rod.:confused:

As for trailering - since when has it been necessary to seek PC permission from the HAMB police? Do as you damn well please, and if anyone should challenge you about it, tell them you trailered it because the 'give-a-damn' broke.

26. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

It is your car. I drive my 54 every day, so..... I did trailer the lakester the other day, but hopefully not for long....
    As people get up there in age with physical challenges obviously trailer the heck out of it for comfort. You deserve it.
    My personal opinion is that it is pretty weak to trailer anything if you are under 50, but there is room for everyone in this big world.
    I can't believe I replied to this post, I must be going down hill.
    Wil
    www.sakowskimotors.com

27. Crease

Crease

First radials and now this?!?! Anyone have Germ's number?

28. tommy v

tommy v

maybe get another car that rides nice so you both can go far:)

29. Crease

Crease

THAT is the way to go!

30. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

Do whatever YOU to need to do ... to go and have a good time :)

It is none of anyone's business ...
    I have 3 trailers ... one 20 something foot vee nose enclosed, a 18 foot open trailer and a small 5 X 8 vee nose enclosed for stuff ( or Harleys )

I have a Roadster and I have towed it ... accross the desert in 100 plus degree weather ... and hauled in the pouring rain. I USUALLY drive it ... but @ 60 years of age and a wife at conparable age ...the enclosed trailer is NICE sometimes.

[​IMG]

My old 1940 Ford coupe on the other hand ... was NEVER on a trailer except when it was torn up and on the way to the body shop 125 miles away. I drove it everywhere ... but we are talking two entirely different types of cars.

IF ... I had a T-Bucket ... I would haul it in a heart beat :rolleyes: ;)

And for all the anti-trailer folks ... It is more WORK to tow than drive ... and a good bit more expensive in fuel costs ALSO ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.