Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Anyone going to Ocean City, Md next week?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NasT, May 7, 2009.

1. NasT

NasT
    from MD

Just curious how many of you are going down for the Cruisin' 2009 show. Hope the weather is good!

2. I'll be there, it's in my back yard. .

3. 48cad

48cad

Was thinking about it, but from what I understand they are full. No more cars

4. TOE

TOE

I'm sure most here are going to the Showdown...

5. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Showdown, although since Jerry Dixey will be in Ocean City it sure is tempting. ;):D

6. gashog

gashog

I'll be there with the Model A. We have a place in downtown by the 7-11 and for my first big road trip with the car, it's 130 miles each way instead of 350 to the Show Down. I''m not in the show, but will be cruising around town in the car and walking the cars in the boardwalk parking lot. Tall skinny guy with Bart Simpson hair. I'll put on a HAMB shirt.

Attached Files:

7. Lowbuckboz

Lowbuckboz

I'm going to be down there. Will have the A coupe. Hope for no rain!

8. If you're in town check out the Rods & Rockers on Wheels Car Show at the Steer Inn on Rt 589 in Ocean Pines saturday from 1 to 5. The OC event is sold out but this is a seperate deal. Open to 70's and older vehicles with a $10 registration fee gets you AUCE/drink (beer and soda) picnic, music, fashion show, pin up contest, vendors and more.

9. I did Latimore as a day trip from OC last year. It's a nice drive. Thanks to Latimore Mud I was awarded a trophy by Chuck Vranas as Photographer's choice.

10. I'm not sure, but I think there's some sort of city ordinance about open engines in Ocean City. Seems like I heard something a few yrs. back about the cops hasseling some guy about it. Might want to check it out first. Not sure if it's just one of those things that they arbitrarily enforce when they can't find anything else to mess with you about.

11. NasT

NasT
    from MD

Cool... thanks, I might check it out, cause Saturdays up OC is like Grid-Locked! It's best Wed night-Fri.....not as much traffic. Our place is right down the street from there

12. NasT have you heard of that open engine ordinance or is that just something I dreamed??:confused:

13. NasT

NasT
    from MD

Ive never had an issue.....as of yet :) Ive taken My T for a while now...

14. That's good. Maybe my brain's not functioning well. Hope they don't mess with ya.:) Have fun.

15. WHARTON

WHARTON

Kinda funny we live about 15 min from OC but really wanted to go to the showdown. Been watching cars pass by our office window all day here on route 50 Think were going to the steer inn sat for that show sounds good. Be in my 49 chevy pickup can't miss it has wharton's sign werks on the side.

16. This will be my 5th with no hood on my truck and I've yet to be pulled over. There are enough misbehavin' over there to keep the boys in blue busy.

17. Can't hardly blame ya since OC is practically in your backyard, but The Showdown is one of those "must go to" events .:D

18. SquashThatFly

SquashThatFly

5-6 years ago they were using decibel meters and popping people left and right. A few complaints too many, the mayor showed up and had the police point the meters at city buses. They were just as loud. The mayor put an end to it right then and there.

I used to live down there. The cops are a pain sometimes. A good many of the cops in Ocean City are Seasonal Police on loan from other, surrounding state and local, departments for the summer months. A lot of rookies and desk jockeys looking to make an impression.

I wanted to go to OC and used to go every year. Money is tight so Ill be at the Showdown for sure since its only 45 minutes away

19. 34dodgehemi

34dodgehemi

It all depends on what you like. If you enjoy baking in the sun all weekend, fighting the traffic, paying ridiculously high hotel rates, and dealing with cops that have a chip on their shoulder than <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeType w:st="on">Ocean</st1:placeType> <st1:placeType w:st="on">City</st1:placeType></st1:place> is the place for you. If you want to attend a real car show, where you can enjoy your hot rod the Showdown can’t be beat:).

20. Good crowds at Hooters and Harley shop last night, talked with a few HAMB'ers. Don't know what they did but cops had 3 Chevelles and a tri 5 pulled over last night and they all had hoods on them.

21. 1LIFE2LIVE

1LIFE2LIVE

Its about time you made it to the showdown. Once you experience it you will never go back to spring OC again

22. SquashThatFly

SquashThatFly

I was at the Showdown on Saturday last year.

Despite the fun i had there, I just really need to get the hell away for a couple days and going to OC with some family sounded good for this year. But spending the money didnt.

23. They probably "broke traction" when catching second gear. That's usually all it takes down there to have them hassle you:rolleyes:

24. Come on down weather is great, checked out the Steer Inn last night should be a good show and you don't need to be registered for the big event.