Register now to get rid of these ads!

coigna with a '50 shoebox in San Antonio

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by coigna, May 10, 2009.

1. coigna

coigna

On May 1, 2009 at nearly midnight, the flatbed driver dropped off my latest, and hopefully longest, project.

On Craigslist, where most things in my life come from, I found a 1950 Ford Custom (not yet sure if it qualifies for the addition moniker of "Deluxe"). After much contemplation and discussion with a like-minded friend, I aborted a project-in-the-making, sold the parts I had for it, and bought the Shoebox. I am owner #4 to this car and it is trimmed, uncut, unkempt, and a pleasure to behold.

This is my first really old car, and I think it was a really good find. I've slammed or shaved or bagged or modified in some way nearly every car I've ever owned. This will be a slammed daily driver, and eventually should be modified enough to be called kustom. My budget is shoestring, and I enjoy doing what I can with what I've got.

I learn a lot off of forums, and know how to wear out the search button. While googling for info on the Shoebox, I kept bouncing to the H.A.M.B. Intrigued and informed by the posts I found, I made a mental note to check out the site more later on. Went to a small local car show yesterday, and on the dash of of this chopped 30-somethin' truck whose style I really admired was a sticker which simply said, "H.A.M.B."

The impression was made, and here I am.

2. jmurphy

jmurphy

Welcome from San Antonio. Where were you at? Bigs?

3. Von Farly 1923

Von Farly 1923
    from Sacramento

Welcome aboard from another FNG. Nice start post some more pictures.

4. coigna

coigna

Thanks so much for the welcome!

Bigs? :confused: Hmm... I don't get out much... plz define... :eek:

5. coigna

coigna

Thanx Von! Pics... great idea... I snapped a few the night I got it:

Click Here for My Album!

Last edited: May 10, 2009
  6. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

Welcome to the HAMB from Dallas. . .

7. coigna

coigna

Thanks man! Nice to meet another from the Lone Star!

8. michaelthe9

michaelthe9

Nice find man! Welcome from So Cal from a fellow shoebox owner. I drive a '51 Vicky that is under the knife right now. She will come out looking like the early '50s Kustoms that I am inspired by. Glad to have you. There is a shoebox club thread. I don't know if you have seen it yet http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146459&highlight=shoebox+club. So enjoy the site and lets see lots of pix. We loves us our pix.
    Michael

9. coigna

coigna

Hey Michael thx for the welcome & the link... I grew up in So Cal; thats where I got bit by the kustom car bug... and it's never let go haha

Lookin forward to your build pix, since some day i hope to slice mine a lil bit.

thanks again bro,

10. NIGHT-CRAWER

NIGHT-CRAWER

Hey coigna hows it going,vickone here.so i guess it's over for the mini truck scene,that's good.hope on seeing your ride soon,check out my profile,iv'e been workin on my 49,i'm hopeing to have it done soon..goodluck..i'll be dragging pass you soon!!!!

Attached Files:

• 017.jpg
      017.jpg
      File size:
      494 KB
      Views:
    • 030.jpg
      030.jpg
      File size:
      379.7 KB
      Views:
  11. Pitbullgoingpostal

Pitbullgoingpostal

Welcome from Grand Prairie, TX

12. Welcome from Denton

13. Kingcrow

Kingcrow

Welcome from another fng....Texas

14. coigna

coigna

WHAT?!! Hey... I know we've emailed n stuff... right? I gotta come see that 49 man. Looks really good on the ground; mines goin there too HAHA. PM me and we can meet up sometime.

Yeah the minitruckin was over before it began. LOL Well, I had that bagged suburban that I did, sold it and got the mini... had wanted to do a mini for a while. I got ALL the bag parts, 20s, etc.... EVERYTHING.

...and then before I began I really thought about doing something I would hold on to... and I've always wanted a shoebox... came across it on CL, sold some rims N parts, and now I got a Shoebox in my garage! The good thing is I still have some brand new blitzlufts that I may use on it if they don't sell... and the AVS notch/bridge kit that I'll be able to use on the shoe. So I got a bit of a running start. Just gotta get it running now LOL.

15. coigna

coigna

Hey thanks man!!!!

16. coigna

coigna

Denton.... hey, I think I've been there a few times B4 when I was a kid....

thanks for the welcome!

17. coigna

coigna

Hey thanks man... my bro lives up near you. I got him into 60s Vdubs... maybe I can get him into some big old american iron LOL

18. jmurphy

jmurphy

Now I know you... at least from Craigslist lol. Bigs is the Hang out on Saturday night at 151 an Potranco

19. Crease

Crease

20. coigna

coigna

yeah bro.. I'm all over CL ha ha. constantly sellin/buyin/tradin stuff.

ohhhhh BIGS. Now I know what you're talkin about -- that's the new gas station they just put there... It is really BIG hah.

Hey I didn't know it was a hangout... oldies only or what? Will def check it out when I can.

Thanks,

21. coigna

coigna

Hey thanks Crease!

Man I'm feellin all welcome n stuff...Lots of SA folks on here.

Thx!