Register now to get rid of these ads!

Burnouts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lttlelindsey, May 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. what kind of car are you talking about? theres many different approaches to get rid of wheel hop depending on what kind of chassis your working with.

2. BigBlockMopar

BigBlockMopar

Some older clips of my off-topic Chrysler;

3. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Go anti-traditional...

Install a line loc!:D

4. gal6xie5

gal6xie5

I cringed when you wrote that...I believe that burnouts are only good on the strips. But that is MHO. Safety is key and you can control the car but not the people around it.

That being said...it is cool to "peel out" from car shows if your car can do it. Put slapper/traction bars on it and stab the gas, if you want put it in Low and shift your car up from there. Its always better in some water too.

5. lttlelindsey

lttlelindsey
    from So. Cal

It's a custom home grown Chassis outta Box tubing. 8 inch ford rear end.
    I drove it for the first time last weekend. I did a pretty decent burnout on Sat.. tee hee any hoo

6. lttlelindsey

lttlelindsey
    from So. Cal

HA HA believe you me! I am not looking to run anyone over.... yikes!

7. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

this is what your trying to do it in?

Attached Files:

8. lttlelindsey

lttlelindsey
    from So. Cal

Someone has said this to me before... but it is really far out there for what I am driving and won't it require quite a bit of work...? I don't think that option is worth it... and from the looks of your green smilie you don't think so either :p

9. lttlelindsey

lttlelindsey
    from So. Cal

No in the one listed as New Car, that thing is in the Netherlands now

10. You contradict yourself. It IS NOT cool to leave car shows like a squirrel.

11. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

oh..ok..gotta picture?

I found it..(the picture)
    looks like good rubber..and maybe you just need to get the feel of that car..some adjustments to stop that wheel hop might help, and backing off the rear shoes might help

12. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Nah...Actually, its pretty simple, and pretty cheap, too.
    Its really just a solenoid btwn. the front brake circuit, and an activation switch that traps the fluid there, while allowing it to return from the rears and release them. Just a little wiring, some fittings, and bleed the brakes...The smile was because its kinda "modern"...
    Hell, you can roast 'em through all the gears then, and send thousands of dollars to Coker a year!

13. Justin B

Justin B

here ya go lindsey

[​IMG]

i think the biggest problem is it's probably a junk yard engine. all sammy's cars use a transverse rear spring with split bones, sometimes a 3rd link but not all of them, not sure if he put one on that car or not. with that rear suspension, the wishbones/radius rods act as traction bars as well as suspension links. if the angles is of a little you'll get wheel hop. the big probably 8 or 10 ply truck tires won't help much either.

bring it down to barona for the lifters deal

14. 440roadrunner

440roadrunner
    from live?

I hope you were just tryin' to be funny Real, real, REALLY bad advice Good way to break parts, reverse OR wheel hop

15. lttlelindsey

lttlelindsey
    from So. Cal

HA HA dang someone got a picture... sure looks weak.. blah ha but you are right I don't know this car at all yet. I can't wait to open it up on the freeway for the five hours it's gonna take to get to Santa Maria I will have a way better feel for it then. but I know it's probably just what I working with..
    ps I love my Sammy.

16. Dont do burnouts on the street. And those tires look like they have 50 pounds in them. Way to high for a light car.

17. lttlelindsey

lttlelindsey
    from So. Cal

okay another great point... see I'm learnin' thanks for the schoolin'

I know I shouldn't do it on the streetor around people... I'm bad. Bad Lindsey Bad... Insert wrist slap here~

Sometimes that little devil on my shoulder gets the best of me... I sure as hell don't wanna kill anyone. Good advice... :)

18. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

I could only imagine what might fall off of it if that thing wheel hops too violently! My friend's shoebox had a wheelhop issue and he put the fan into the radiator and there was a good inch clearance beforehand.

19. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Hey you really need to get that OTHER wheel ta' spin to do a PROPER burn-out!

20. jonny o

jonny o

Here are the basics for a non-overpowered automatic car with disk/drum or drum/drum setup in my opinion:

Give it a couple revs on the throttle in Neutral and a couple pumps on the brake pedal for a real firm brake pedal and HOLD IT TO THE FLOOR.
    Shift to first
    Roll on the throttle to full pedal (Don't stab it)
    Once the revs come up on the converter, keep it floored and slowly let off the brake until the tires start to spin even a little, then hold the brake right there as the rpm builds...

Is that what you are looking for?

21. Justin B

Justin B

ha ha that burnout was tame compared to what happened 2 minutes later, but yes i agree burnouts in big crownds are bad, if you guys note the street she's doing it on is closed and there aren't any pedestrians around except the one guy with the camera, plus as she said it was pretty weak :)

oh yeah i heart sammy too

22. gal6xie5

gal6xie5

Please explain...'cause it must be that darn girl gene of mine that dosen't get the squirrel remark.

When I leave some shows, I do stab the gas and make my exit known. I don't do it all the time just once in a while.

She was asking how to do them...I expalined how I do them. And I think at certain times it is cool to do. That's my opinion.

Now a full on smokey burnout is somthing else...

23. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Burnout International

24. lttlelindsey

lttlelindsey
    from So. Cal

I know I know.. hence the questions today... Oh well I gotta get back to work... this is way more fun but sooner or later my boss is gonna figure out what I am doing... thanks again to everyone... and thanks for not razing me too hard.

25. gal6xie5

gal6xie5

Didn't realize you were in So Cal...I'm in Orange and can help you anytime you want to show up the guys...

26. lttlelindsey

lttlelindsey
    from So. Cal

YES! aside of course from the technical stuff I really do need to understand. The finess is just as important and I see what you are saing.

27. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Still......If I owned any of the other cars over there in the background...I'd raise my eyebrow and watch carefully...
    Of course, I've also been the A-hole doing them, too.

28. lttlelindsey

lttlelindsey
    from So. Cal

It WAS weak, but I was a little scared due to where I was... I know I am no expert and I have no right to put people in
    jeopardy. I was just having a little fun... and yes.. I too like to leave like a squirrell. I think it's fun... I also like to tear it up around corners... Thanks to how low I am ususally rolling it is pretty simple and pretty safe.

29. j ripper

j ripper
    from napa ca.

a stand up bass in the trunk would help...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.