Register now to get rid of these ads!

Heartbreaker! Accident involving 4 classic Caddies

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by don-vee, May 11, 2009.

1. So, any other PA guys know about this? Last Wednesday I was driving down to Philly on the Turnpike NE Extension, and came across a pretty big accident. The cops had traffic down to one lane, and I just caught a glimpse of the aftermath. One of those big open car carriers, completely packed with Caddies, all from the 50s (except for one 59 Edsel) looked like it came apart, and the 4 cars on the back half of the trailer were destroyed. I saw at least one hearse/ambulance, a 59 convertible, and the other 2 were mid 50s but barely recognizable. Just wondered what the story was, and if anyone knew the lowdown on this one?

2. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Somebody is probably still crying over that one.

3. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Quite a few years ago, some guy drove an older car carrier loaded with some heavy money iron down the steep side of Petit Jean Mountain in northern Arkansas from the MOTAA Swap Meet and didn't make it. The brakes failed and he, the truck and contents, went over the edge and down the cliff in a major destruction of classic cars and natural selection.
    A sad moment for car folks and sadder for the driver's family.

4. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Sounds very disturbing.. hopefully it wasnt operator error...

5. CadillacCorey

CadillacCorey

Oh. Shit. I hope no one was injured.