Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Found TWO Bags of ARDUN Parts : What do you have?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The37Kid, May 9, 2009.

1. The37Kid

The37Kid

Back in the good old days before plastic bags parts came in cloth bags with draw strings. What do you have for original shipping/boxing/parts tags?:confused:

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2009
  2. manyolcars

manyolcars

3. The37Kid

The37Kid

Maybe a misspelt word will get more attention? The ARDUN bags have rocker adjustment screws in them.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 9, 2009
  4. manyolcars

manyolcars

I have a wood board off a shipping crate that says Boeing AIRPLANE Company!

5. noboD

noboD

'37, could this be the result of sleeping with the NOS heads at Hershey 2 years ago?

6. The37Kid

The37Kid

No, these were with the extra parts that came with the NOS set I had back in 1978. They were a spare set for a sprint car, I sold them for a then record price of $2,500. and paid off the balance on the plumbing on the house we built. No regrets.

7. I wish I had a picture, but when we had a block repaired at Keith Black's, about 10 years ago, it came back in a cool looking heavy duty cardboard crate, with "King Sports Inc" logos on it. What's that you say? Think Kenny Bernstein.;) Not really old, but interesting to leave around the shop, just to see the reaction from people who can figure it out.

8. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

I have a couple of Ford shipping crates for B engines...in the bottom of one, I found one of those string closure bags (half rotted), Ford imprint, with several head nuts in it. I think the practice was to have exchange engine returned with head loose for inspection and head nuts enclosed...

9. 8-Track

8-Track

Here is what an Ardun head Box looks like.

Attached Files:

10. Rossodino34

Rossodino34

Is that the box I sent you (with heads) with the new Jersey Address?. Boy, did I come close to making the crate a coffee table!

11. PRoz

PRoz

I've got a couple of Hurst Wheel shipping containers from the early 60's. A buddy of mine gave them to me years ago and he originally got his wheels in them for his car. I havent seen any others.
    [​IMG]
    Here's a pic of one I found on net.

Last edited: May 10, 2009
  12. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I have a couple of those, used em for a tv stand

[​IMG]

13. alchemy

alchemy

I had a NOS Appleton 112 spotlight last year that had one of those cloth drawstring bags inside the box. Had instructions and small parts in it.

14. I got a set of Cal Custom wheel spider mounting plates that cam in a little cotton bag like that. No markings on it though, but it was in an original packet.