Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lake pipes on a 54 F100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Philbilly, May 9, 2009.

1. Philbilly

Philbilly

I was wondering what anyone thought about lake pipes on 53-56 f100's. I have thought about installing some, but I haven't seen many with them. What do y'all think about them? Are they a no no or acceptable? I am kind of going for a mild custom look. The only truck I can think of is the blue 56 that belongs to the Burbank Choppers member. Any opinions and pics of trucks if you got any would be appreciated?

Thanks,

Phil

2. kustomkat

kustomkat

I'll throw in my 2 cents, since work is slow..... I would definately put lake pipes on your truck. I'll have to hunt for pictures for you. What direction are you going with your truck??? Is it going to be a kustom??? If so, do it. I may catch hell for this but.... If a truck is being built as a kustom, assuming it will be lower in the back than in the front, than I think skirts look kool on them. Especially when it is low enough to see very little rear tire...

3. Philbilly

Philbilly

Yes, I'm going for a mild kustom look. I was picturing lake pipes that run along the running boards and stop at the beginning of the rear fender. I love Sandy Wach's truck. I was thinking of running them longer than his.

4. Ruiner

Ruiner

My buddy ground_pounder has em on his '55, I dig em a lot...I say go for it...

5. Tim Cowan

Tim Cowan

In 1965, I used them on a 56 Custom Cab and worked well and sounded good...TIM

6. HotRod33

HotRod33

I have seen them on other trucks ... if done right they look great......

7. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

I think it looks good you should do it

8. turdytoo

turdytoo

For what its worth, Back in the old days I remember seeing quite a few F-100's and other pick-ups that would have the pipes come through the running boards right behind the cab and up to the top of the beds. The pipes then would turn back and parallel the top rail of the bed. Not sure if it was or is legal but it was a popular thing in Socal back in the late 50's early 60's.

9. chazzin

chazzin
    from butler,ga

i dig them, as long as they fit the truck length wise, i say run rippled pipes

10. :DHey Philbilly! Lake Pipes on a custom truck ? YES!! They will be in keeping with the custom theme.If the truck is lowered to any degree ,they will add to the lines.I should ad that the whole point in building a Custom is that it is supposed to be an individual statement,reflecting the styling preference of the owner. Those pipes will look good in any event. Bud

11. Philbilly

Philbilly

I saw a truck with pipes ran like what you are describing. It looked pretty cool.

I looked his truck up on here. It looked and sounded good.

What does look rippled pipes look like? I am picturing pipes that resemble what super co customs put on some of his choppers.

12. LiveWire64

LiveWire64