Register now to get rid of these ads!

This conversation made me smile today...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skipstitch, Sep 22, 2004.

1. skipstitch

skipstitch

The names of the two parties involved have been changed for their protection [​IMG]

CAR OWNER DUDE: "Let me show you some pictures of the car so you know what I'm talkin' about."

SLIPSTITCH: "Okay, what do you have?"

OWNER DUDE: "Here's the trunk. The front wall is already done in plywood. With an access door in the middle. It slides open on a power window motor...."

SLIPSTITCH: (quickly interupting) "Oh yeah, so you can get to the AirRide stuff!"

OWNER DUDE: (smiling with a correction) "No, no, it slides open to reveal a 13 inch screen for a DVD player so you can watch movies when you are sittin' in your lawn chair."

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] No Lie!!! It made my day. Now I'm considering mountin' a DVD player on the dash of my modified so I can watch RIDES while I'm in McDonalds drive-thru waitin' on a Big MAC....

2. Gotta be pretty bored to bring a DVD player to a car show,I mean Pose Fest. [​IMG]

3. HELLBILLY

HELLBILLY

[ QUOTE ]
    Gotta be pretty bored to bring a DVD player to a car show,I mean Pose Fest. [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]
    The DAMN truth! I went to a "Rod Run" and was going to meet up with some guys I had never met,I knew one guy and he pulled me aside to talk before meeting the other guys.
    Was it something about my 29 truck? Maybe the wild flames? HELL NO,he asked me why I wore my work clothes!(paint sales)
    It seems that since I had no black or white T-shirt or jeans that I might not go over well with the guys(posers?).
    Lets just say I didn't hang around to meet the guys,went riding in the mountians(pic)!
    (sorry for the rant,friggin posers!)

Attached Files:

4. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

I went to a cruise this weekend and actually saw cars TRAILERED to the parking lot!

There were about 500 cars there. The cruise officially started at 5:00pm. I went past the place at 1:30pm, and guys were already there parked against the back row with their chairs out sitting under the trees.

And then some guy tells me that driving an hour each way to my swap meet is a deal breaker.

-Brad

5. HELLBILLY

HELLBILLY

We have a local Saturday night cruise in and just like you say theres 4 or 5 cars trailered in. [​IMG]
    Tell me about your swap meet....I once "DROVE to the Pomona CA swap meet!

6. the_horrormoans

the_horrormoans

First these "discovery rodders" ruined bikes for me!! now that jesse james is rollin in a dropped primered ride, all I hear from people is "cool old school ride"..... I've been letting my middle finger do a lot of talkin' lately!! The same bastards that looked at my truck in confusion are now sanding off their light blue with pink flames paint job and shooting the primered "old school" look!! fuck "old school"fuck light blue with pink flames and FUCK "DISCOVERY RODDERS"!!! (and imports...FUCK IMPORTS!! honda...looks like "they" won the war after all)

7. Had an old local TELL me about the Miles City MT car show this last weekend. He was pissed they had shitty awards, he only got $20 for second place!!! WTF? He went on to say that their were NO trophies, NO plaques, NO Tshirts!!!!! He is old and kinda ill in health, I didnt let into him like I did the guy that talked about a trailored car in Deadwood that got scratched coming out of the stretcher [​IMG] He didnt understand my statement about trailors being evil! THEN he said "You cant DRIVE a car like that from North Dakota!" (a 100K car we built for a local guy). PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTFTFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTT!

8. k9racer

k9racer

Mr Horromoans very good post. But you might want to do a introduction so the nice folks here will know who you are. Tell about yourself your autos projects etc..............Good Luck...........

9. repoguy

repoguy

[ QUOTE ]
    First these "discovery rodders" ruined bikes for me!! now that jesse james is rollin in a dropped primered ride, all I hear from people is "cool old school ride"..... I've been letting my middle finger do a lot of talkin' lately!! The same bastards that looked at my truck in confusion are now sanding off their light blue with pink flames paint job and shooting the primered "old school" look!! fuck "old school"fuck light blue with pink flames and FUCK "DISCOVERY RODDERS"!!! (and imports...FUCK IMPORTS!! honda...looks like "they" won the war after all)

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone needs a hug.

10. autocol

autocol

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

think coz you got into it ten minutes before they did that you "own" the culture?

gimme a break...

who are you?

11. TomH

TomH

Hey Tman, would that scratched trailored car from ND be a '37-'38 Chevy coupe??

12. [ QUOTE ]
    Gotta be pretty bored to bring a DVD player to a car show,I mean Pose Fest. [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

When you don't know what kind of engine you have under your hood, it's hard to have a conversation about cars, so it's best to watch TV. [​IMG]

13. Is old and ill related to a local MT gold chainer who had a 22ft custom enclosed trailer built with a door specifically located so he could get out the drivers door of his coupe while its in the trailer without scratching it....

swdobbs....

14. [ QUOTE ]
    Mr Horromoans very good post. But you might want to do a introduction so the nice folks here will know who you are. Tell about yourself your autos projects etc..............Good Luck...........

[/ QUOTE ]

hello,,,,,Mr. whore moans,,,,,ya out there? HRP

15. Yes it is Tom

16. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

[ QUOTE ]
    When you don't know what kind of engine you have under your hood, it's hard to have a conversation about cars, so it's best to watch TV. [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's probably why so many of them have 350 chevy with R700 thans with a 9" ford, so they can act like they know what their talking about. Their car builders probably gives them a card with the info on it so they can practice their speach. Gene

17. Dakota

Dakota
    from Beulah, ND

Who would that be Tom? interestin!