Register now to get rid of these ads!

Would I be banned from the HAMB for this?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Donzie, Aug 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Haha.At first glance I read this as " '62 Corona Bukakke"

2. BoulevardBomber

BoulevardBomber

From the People who brought you Pearl Harbor, and your selling a 41 coupe for that?

3. Lightning 55

Lightning 55

Go for it! At least you can't be accused of having a "Belly button hot rod"! Actually, it could be really cool. ;)

4. Thanks Mario !! If I was to install a Chevy motor in the Toyota I would have to call it a ToyLet LOL .

Frenchy

5. I call them that anyways -

6. Uh oh, I had a feeling this would happen one day, man don't do it, bury that thing or sell it for big money overseas!

7. Irony??? Buy it and send it back to Japan... That car is almost non-existent here now. Mooneyes have a couple of Crowns out front selling for 10K, they are 70-'s models. something in the 60's would bring one/half or double that I would assume.

Talk above about the Toyota Hemi.... Those are very very rare, find one of them and hang onto it.. Virtually no-one here has ever heard of it..

8. It wouldn,t be as cool to own one of these in Europe as it is in the U.S. Apart from a patriotic thing,I like the idea of owning a rod so different to everyone else.Why not always wear a dirty raincoat and take up cigar smoking so people think your Columbo,all would be forgiven :confused: Love the yellow jobee.

9. Truckedup

Truckedup

Just stick that Toyota on an S10 Frame,throw in a Flattie engine,it'll be traditional

10. Zeke

Zeke

wish I would have seen this thread earlier

Attached Files:

11. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

I don't mind the body style - Zeke's pic above looks good! But realize that long before the Japanese discovered six sigma, quality control, just-in-time, lean, and other manufacturing efficiences that increased quality and before consumer reports starting singing the praises of Japanese auto makers, Japanese products had a distinct reputation as crap. For good reason. If that car hadn't been tucked away all these years, there wouldn't be much left of it. They were notorious for rusting away to nothing, they were fairly unreliable, and the very few that came over here were novelties.

I've got nothing against Japanese cars other than I don't care for most of them, but don't go singing the praises of the land of the rising sun based on this car...it was the corollas of the early-mid 70s that built Toyota's reputation...get your history correct.

The body style is definitely gasser fodder!

12. Silent_Orchestra

Silent_Orchestra
    BANNED
    from Omaha, NE

Lmao...it's Japanese either way...

Dare I say that that car would look good in a Creamy White?

13. lexman24

lexman24

thats a great looking little car. I say much better than all the same old shit. I'm a fan of the oddballs.

14. lakeroadster

lakeroadster
    from *

I guess Fiat Topolino's were pieces of crap too? If the car was in someway tied to 3 big three is it then acceptable? Henry J's, Anglia's? Where do we draw the line to pass the Holy Grail of the Hot Rod purists.

Who gives a shit is the better question?

Buy what "you" like, build what "you" like. Who gives a rats ass what anyone else thinks. If it trips your trigger buy the Toyopet. I know speaking for myself, in a sea of "me too" repro '32 Ford Roadsters, I would go look at the Toyopet. Different is good. Would I buy one, maybe, would I find it interesting, you bet. Would I think less of someone for building it, hell no.

Also, I work with a WWII veteran, he was a pilot. He wouldn't agree with your rant. A really inspirational salt of the earth kind of guy, has lived a life time of cool experiences. After the war went to college and got a Phd. He drives a Honda Civic SI, his wife drives a Nissan.

15. oj

oj

Looks trick to me, do it up and see where it goes.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2009
  16. Seamus_McBastard

Seamus_McBastard

Too bad it didn't go through for ya man, would have been a neat little car with the right engine/trans combo backing it up. As far as the 'purists' go, I'm glad they're all non-conformists just like their friends. I'd do it if I had the chance, at least it wouldnt be another cookie cutter A or deuce, or willy's gasser..... dare to be different, thats part of hot rodding, anyone who says otherwise, to me, just doesnt get it.

17. Just FWIW, Fiat = Italy, Anglia = Europe (England if I remember right), Henry J = good old USA, built by Kaiser... or was that supposed to be the point?

18. blinddaddykarno

blinddaddykarno

Piss on what everyone thinks, if you like it and can get it, go for it! I like it, for what that's worth. If you do get it, and want to be different (moreso), I have a mill out of a '47 Stude I'd donaate to the cause, definatly not a SBC.

Brian

19. lakeroadster

lakeroadster
    from *

Yup... that's the point!

20. elrobo818

elrobo818

NOT BAD... for a toyota.

21. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

Loyalty to the us? Whats with all the macarthyism around here?:eek:

22. lolife

lolife

Why do you people keep bringing this stupid thread back to life? ...and then for what? So you can make a stupid political comment?

23. on top of having to sell an old Plymouth to aquire this one.........
    Frank, don't forget the side graphics and sub woofers.

24. Mercury Kid

Mercury Kid

What ever came of this car? I think it's really cool. But then again, I have the ability to see past the maker emblem, that most people apparently do not.

25. tiresmoke!

tiresmoke!

I agree, it could make a neat ride if done right.

Doing a drag version of one of these is no different than straight-axle-ing and stuffing a blown 392 into an Anglia or Fiat...they're foreign cars too, yet we dig the hell out of them.

I'd say if you're looking to do a gasser out of something different, I'd go for it if the price is right to purchase it.

If it's to snatch up and turn for profit, turn around and run like hell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.